Our airy and spacious room overlooking the crater lake was complemented by a lovely balcony which , because of the slope, made us feel that we were in the treetops - quite lovely and shady. The staff was very helpful and professional.
Although i had known beforehand that we would be somewhat isolated, I had expected more of a resort feel here; as it turned out, this is a huge development where people own individual holiday homes and some rent them out short term to guests.There weren't many people there during our stay, which is either an advantage or a disadvantage, depending on how you look at it.
Because most units have kitchens, the menu in the restaurant is limited, The waterfront restaurant and beach area,, which belong to a different company, are kind of sad. If I were doing this again, I would pay $5 to the nearby San Simeon B and B,for their day use - chairs, hammocks, upbeat restaurant, dock, water toys etc.
A taxi ride away ( and this can be expensive, because taxis have to come from Massaya) is Abuela's, which also offers a day rate, great waterfront restaurant and many amenities. Too bad I only found these places on our last day.....
But, knowing about these resources, I would still choose to stay at the Villas because of the tranquillity , nice room and deck and excellent staff, especially Oscar.
- Also Known As:
- The Villas At Apoyo Hotel
- The Villas At Apoyo Hotel Granada
- Norome Hotel Granada
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Villas at Apoyo, tucked unobtrusively in the hillside overlooking the Laguna, are some of the most unique hotel accommodations in Nicaragua. We offer 1, 2 and 3 bedroom villas and apartments, some with fully equipped kitchens, to accommodate whatever size of group you may have. The Villas are situated in the dry tropical forest of Nicaragua which is home to Howler monkeys and a variety of tropical birds.The Grill, a small restaurant at the upper pool, has a variety of fresh and healthy foods. Try the Nachos Grande or the Chinese Chicken Salad while enjoying a beautiful view of the laguna. New at The Villas at Apoyo is our 5-station, Low Ropes Challenge Course. The Challenge Course was built to encourage participants to grow at both the team and individual levels. Our Low Ropes course focuses on communication, problem solving, and leadership. Every member must participate in order to complete the five tasks, and in doing so, inspires confidence in each other. Our hopes are that these skills will be carried by the participants to be used in their daily lives. We also have a new Game Room near the pool area so our guests can emjoy a game of Billiards, Darts or enjoy one of our many boards games. For your convenience, food and beverage can be served from The Grill. A new addition to our services is a fully equipped convention center with seating of up to 150 persons. This is a great location for sales seminars, company meetings as well as social events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Regatta Hotels, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your The Villas at Apoyo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.