Espressonista Specialty Coffeebar and Restaurant
Calle Real Xalteva 609 | New Opening Times Wed-Sat 12 Noon-8. 30pm Sun 10am -8:00pm the Restaurant Will Close for Holidays From April 24TH and Reopen on the 20TH of May, Granada 14052, Nicaragua
+505 2552 4325
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 112 Restaurants in Granada
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night
Description: Modern environment in a neoclassical property constructed in 1886. We've forged a relationship with Nicaragua's best coffee producers to provide you with an excellent cup. High altitude, shade grown boutique crops yield coffees with a crisp and balanced acidity, roundness, sweetness and rich chocolate-like brews. These farmers know what they do. The poetry is ever intended at Espressonista. On your table we serve local, slightly smoked ham. The brie, the camembert and manchego are also from Masatepe and Matagalpa. Organic lettuce, baby asparagus and other greens from Ticuantepe. Chez nous, we know where everything comes from. We bake our own pastries and breads, make our own ice creams, brew our own beer. We love food, drink and good company. Join us!
Seattle, Washington
“Chic cafe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

We stumbled upon Espressionista and so glad we did! The rustic, chic decor was comfortable and the ice cold frappuccinos was much needed. They even had home brewed microbrews that were surprisingly good.

Visited November 2013

Comox, Canada
“good coffee high prices due to using USD”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

I was shocked by going to this restaurant near Iglesia Xalteva. The price are in USD! I do not consider the area where it is prime tourist ground so did not expect this. Prices maybe slightly cheaper than in the US but really this is Nicaragua please support your own currency. I only had cordobas and so he gave me a horrbile exchange rate. If you go here and have Us dollars fine , th coffee was great but really do not neeed upscale in Granada. If you only have cordobas would suggest you go elsewhere.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Granada, Nicaragua
“Still my favorite coffee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Has been my favorite cafe since it opened. Good food and fantastic coffee. Love the atmosphere and a good spot to meet for coffee, or sit and get some work done.

A must visit in Granada if you like good coffee.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
San Jose, Costa Rica
“Most sophisticated and gorgeous place I've seen in Nicaragua”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Upon entering Espressonista, I was transported to a hip cafe in Montreal or a pretty boutique in Paris. Absolutely a unique and refreshing environment, and I love that it's a little off the beaten path and far from the hustle and bustle of the heavily trafficked tourist areas. The menu was simple, but perfect. My fellow traveler and I were happy to sip on iced earl grey tea while Andres, the owner, (who is super friendly and happy to chat) helped the cook prepare our lunch. While waiting, we explored the boutique that houses the designs of Sugar & Spice...super sweet little spot. I enjoyed a sandwich made with homemade sundried tomato bread, local smoked ham and cheeses, with garden grown organic veggies. I was in heaven. The espresso used here lives up to the name - I worked as a barista for years and this was some of the best coffee I've ever tasted. The passionfruit cheesecake was completely delicious and perfectly creamy. I was all smiles after leaving Espressonista!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Sunyani, Ghana
“Great atmosphere friendly owner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

I only stopped to have a glass of wine (had 2) and really enjoyed the atmosphere there. One of the owners was serving and was very friendly and happy to chat. It certainly isn't the cheapest place in Granada but far from the most expensive as well. Reminded me of some of the hip cafes in NYC. Anyway highly recommend, the wine was the good and well worth the $6 a glass I paid given what else is on offer in Nicaragua.