“The Best Restaurant in Granada, Nicaragua” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 108 Restaurants in Granada
Cuisines: Steakhouse, International, Wine Bar
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Named "most exciting restaurant in Granada, Nicaragua," by the New York Times. CIUDAD LOUNGE was created for your comfort and pleasure and to elevate the culinary offerings and style in Granada, Nicaragua. We take only our food and service seriously - everything else is cool. Yes; we have a well stocked cigar lounge, but no smoke - because of our design layout. Eat, drink, smoke & feel like a king, or Snow White.
Chicago, Illinois
“The Best Restaurant in Granada, Nicaragua”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

A great place, and great ambiance, service is impeccable, and the owners, Noemiy & William are always around to make sure everything is perfect….. By far the best steak I have had in Nicaragua or Costa Rica,,,, More expensive than others but if you want perfection and a perfectly cooked meal, that tastes wonderful,,,, this is the place to go…. We had steak and Mahi Mahi,,, both were outstanding…..Feels like I am back in Chicago at a first class restaurant but without the sub zero, frigid Winter weather…. Thank You to all the people there for making this special evening perfect …..

• Visited January 2014
CIUDADLOUNGE, Owner at Ciudad Lounge, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Robert from Chicago in the United States.

Thank you for giving us chills, as we read your review.
Thank you for recognizing our personal efforts and those of our staff to you and your guest.
Thank you for visiting Nicaragua.
Thank you, Sir.

Always Travel Well.

in the New Nicaragua

Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“Nice food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

We had a nice meal at ciudad lounge. The restaurant is very nicely decorated.
The food was really good but expensive for what we got. There was a lot of pasta with a good sauce but only a small portion of fish. The night we were there it was a bit hectic and eating the starter at the low tables with some rain was a bit difficult. The main course arrived very quickly after the starter and while we were still not seated at the normal tables. We were moved quickly but we had to ask for it. The products are very fresh and service very friendly.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
CIUDADLOUNGE, Owner at Ciudad Lounge, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Dear friends from the Netherlands.

Thank you for visiting CIUDAD LOUNGE in Granada and for adding to the expansion of this town as a tourist attraction for others to come and see for themselves.

We enjoyed serving you in style.

Dear Readers:

Take out the words "expensive" and "small portions" to get this review.

Your Hosts

in the New Nicaragua
Granada
Montreal, Canada
“Amazing food and place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

If you go to Granada, then you have to see this lounge. It is really unique. The quality of the service and the food are by far the best I have found in Nicaragua. It's also an experience just to go feel the atmosphere and have a drink.

CIUDADLOUNGE, Owner at Ciudad Lounge, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Dear Friend from Montreal, Canada.

Welcome to the New Nicaragua.
Thank you for visiting CIUDAD LOUNGE.
Tell everyone that we are not at war here, anymore.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Average food in a lovely setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

While we really took pleasure in the respite provided by this extraordinary spot in Granada, the food was simply not very innovative to me. Everything tasted fine, but the flavors were hardly complex or new. It's clear that the proprietors are working very hard to make a name for themselves, and I wish them the best.

Visited January 2014
CIUDADLOUNGE, Owner at Ciudad Lounge, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Dear Friend from Ann Arbor Michigan in the United States.

We feel terrible you were disappointed in our cuisine.
We strive to look for more and more hard to find ingredients to charm all tastes, but - it appears - we failed to dance in your mouth.

Hope the winds will bring you to Granada, again, so that you can give a different dish a try, perhaps.

With advances in space exploration, we are encouraged and look forward to other species of protein and rare ingredients that may not fail.

We respect this review and appreciate your level of sophistication in food. However, we only wonder how the rest of your meal experiences were in Nicaragua - since CIUDAD LOUNGE is at the cutting edge of food..

Thank you for visiting the New Nicaragua.
We trust and hope to see you at our restaurant again, to chat about food.

Your Friends.

CIUDAD LOUNGE.
Ft. Lauderdale
“For Me, Cuidad Lounge was the Perfect Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

I was directed to the Cuidad Lounge upon a recommendation from the staff at Miss Margrit's Guesthouse. It turned out to be the best night of my 5 night stay in Granada. I arrived at 4PM and did not leave until long after the restaurant closed, enjoying the peaceful, relaxing "Atmosphere" and "Experience" that Naomi and William (the owners) are looking to create for their patrons with Cuidad Lounge. For me, I was treated more like a special guest in their expansive and extremely well decorated home rather than an American eating dinner at a restaurant, and there's a distinct difference between the two experiences.

Regarding the costs, I wouldn't recommend Cuidad Lounge to anyone who is more concerned about watching their Nicaraguan córdobas at the expense of enjoying a truly unique experience akin to being treated like royalty. With the latter, you get what you pay for. So for me, the experience was worth the value. I personally like being treated like gold and I'm willing to pay the price, which isn't unreasonable, unless you're expecting to pay less simply because it's Nicaragua.

The food was prepared with the greatest of detail. My mouth exploded with flavor with the tomato bisque soup with pieces of fried cheese. That alone was an experience. The taste was superb. Then I enjoyed the beef tenderloin which was presented as a work of art, and rightfully so, these dishes are carefully planned and prepared with an artist's perfection. I finished my meal with the chocolate tart with a vanilla sorbet, which was delectable. I also enjoyed a few glasses of vino tinto bringing me back to my time in Spain, a cafe con leche, and a Nicaraguan cigar, a Santiago.

What added to the enjoyment of my dinner was the ambience overall . The interior design of Cuidad Lounge is in itself a work of art from the custom made tables and chairs, to the art on the walls, to the unique pieces of pottery on consignment and ready for sale. I also like the loft type environment, huge open kitchen, and the upper deck offers a view of the volcano in the distance, which for a dinner party would be a tremendous added value.

Finally, the service. Incredible. Anthony and Brad Pitt were on top of everything, yet not in an intrusive way. They were providing the service that one would expect at a fine dining, upscale restaurant. If you thought about something, they seemed to read your thoughts and were right there to accommodate the request. Empty glasses and dirty plates do not sit for very long, or at all. And I didn't feel hurried by it. In fact, I attempted to leave 2 times because many hours had passed and I didn't want to overstay my welcome, but something about the atmosphere kept drawing me back and I would find another place to sit and enjoy. I also have to comment on the cleanliness of the kitchen. I'm sorry that I don't recall her name, William's assistant in the kitchen. She did not stop wiping things down or cleaning the kitchen the entire time I was there -hours - and she didn't stop for a second. For me personally, this adds value to my experience knowing that attention to detail extended into the kitchen where it really matters and that the staff were being ingrained by it.

In summary, if you're looking to be treated like gold in Granada while enjoying a delicious meal, a glass of wine, a cigar, the pleasant company of William and Naomi....and you're not overly concerned about your Cordobas or just getting a cheap meal because you're in Nicaragua.....then I would put this on your list of must visit while in Granada. My recommendation would be to plan to stay awhile and really enjoy the experience - that's where you will get the most value.

Thank you Naomi and William for making my stay in Granada a truly memorable one. And I wish you the best in your journey to bring culture and sophistication to Nicaragua. With great esteem, your friend, Jason.

CIUDADLOUNGE, Owner at Ciudad Lounge, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Friend from Miami in the United States.

Lovely evening.