“Excellent adventure for teens & family” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Nicaragua Adventures - Day Tours

Nicaragua Adventures - Day Tours
Calle la Libertad, From Bac 2 Blocks West | Opposite Corner to Hotel El Club, Granada, Nicaragua
+505 2552 8461
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 39 Activities in Granada
More attraction details
Owner description: Nicaragua Adventures offers private, custom and unique tours, exclusively designed to satisfy our guest's many requests and expectations (we do not form groups!). Operating since 1999 and based in Granada, Nicaragua, we offer sightseeing, soft and more strenuous adventures, for couples, families and small-mid size groups. We offer the highlights, but also always try to include a few original activities/visits on the way, to make our itineraries more valuable and maximize time during your vacation. We also are one of the very few agencies with a license/permit to operate (Delivered by the Nicaraguan Tourism Institute INTUR, you may require it when booking with tour provider in Nicaragua). We own a fleet of vehicles (all a/c, recent and comfortable, well maintained to accommodate all group sizes from 1 person to groups, with well trained, professional and friendly drivers), allowing more flexibility and satisfaction for oour customers. Our company is recommended by New York Times, Outside Magazine, Washington Post and several other magazines, please check about us. In addition, Nicaragua Adventure's manager (Pierre, a native from France living in Nicaragua/Costa Rica since year 1996) has been awarded as the "Top Travel Specialist" for Nicaragua by Conde Nast Traveler, three years in a row since 2011. Contact us for a unique travel experience.
Madison, Wisconsin
5 attraction reviews
“Excellent adventure for teens & family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

From horseback riding on the beach to kayaking in the islands to meeting a mischievous monkey to hands-on clay sculpting demonstration and volcano hikes the trip Katia put together for our family could not have been more fun or better suited for our family. And best of all were the guides that Nica Adventures hired for us. They were fun, informed and made us feel so at home.

I'm a journalist by profession and putting together an article on Nicaragua travel, and I'll be recommending this trip and this tour group without hesitation. This was an amazing family trip. We went during Semana Santa- Holy Week - which is the busiest tourism time and still enjoyed ourselves and had plenty of time and space to relax. I give the highest marks to Nicaragua Adventures for putting together such an amazing family adventure.

Armonk, New York
“Awesome trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

I usually plan all out trips soup to nuts. Nica is a different trip\country and I decided to work with Pierre on the itinerary. I trusted that once he knew my family's interests he would steer us in the right directions.
Hotels and guides were great. On time, couteous, etc.
I was able to give them input and let them handle the rest
Katia was very accomodating as well and always wanted to make sure we were happy.
I would suggest to anyone going to this beautiful country to use Nicaragua Advantures.
Enjoy!!

San Francisco, California
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

We spent 9 days in Nicaragua, and had a fantastic time. Katia at Nicaragua Adventures was superb right from the start - she organised our itinerary perfectly, and it was lovely to get to meet her in Granada! We very much appreciated her arriving at our hotel at 7.00am on a Sunday to bring my son a birthday cake. We have travelled to over 60 countries in the world and used many agencies, and we found Nicaragua Adventures up there with the best of them. The guides were intelligent, knowledgable and good company, and all transfers were managed perfectly. The accommodation was good, and all in all we had a great time .. thank you!

Seattle
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

We had an excellent experience with Nicaragua Adventures. I had done a fair amount of research and sent an email with a pretty specific outline of what we wanted to do and the services we needed (transfers, a few specific tours, etc.). Katia responded immediately, carefully took into account what I had sent over, and then added some very helpful suggestions. She was a great resource in the pre-trip planning and gave good practical advice.

Once there, the guides (Eduardo, Gustavo, and Eric) and drivers (Roberto and Maximo) were top notch. We were in great hands from start to finish. I am usually not a big fan of "tours," but we got so much more out of our visits to Granada, Masaya, and Ometepe by using the private guides. Sure, I probably could have made all of the arrangements myself, but having it all set up and having Katia oversee everything (including some audibles I called on the fly during the trip) allowed me to simply relax and enjoy the trip that much more. It was really worth it for us and I would highly recommend this firm.

Chicago, Illinois
“Well run, well done.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Pierre and Osnar helped us in the office, Eduardo was our guide for the week and Roberto was our driver. Everything worked perfectly -- from airport pick up to airport drop off and all of the moves in between. We called audibles (cancelling dinners when tired/adding lunches when hungry), we went on adventures with varying degrees of tolerance (ashboarding/zip lining/hiking) from the 5 kids ranging in ages from 3-16, and all the while nica-adventures helped us navigate the language, the excursions, the tempers (which admittedly weren't that bad, as we were having a great time, but we were still travelling after all), and all other logistics.

Our process: I researched the activities I wanted our family to do and the places I wanted to stay. I emailed Pierre and asked if he could help me reserve the excursions and arrange for the transfers. What we got was so much more, because we were provided a cool and knowledgeable (and not irritating or overly talky) private guide, comfortable car and very nice driver for the entire trip. As an example of how this helped -- we arrived in Leon prior to the check in time at the hotel (we knew ahead of time that would happen) and found a place for lunch that Eduardo recommended. It was, however, busy, because a cruise ship had dropped some folks off there for drinks. So Eduardo took paper in hand, took our orders, and brought them straight back into the kitchen. He suggested we check out the nearby cathedral while we waited and that he'd hold down the table. We were served within minutes of sitting back down and the food was delicious. This kind of efficiency on a trip with a group of 8 is priceless.

Another above and beyond moment -- we left a blanket at the first hotel we stayed at in Managua. Even though we had moved on to Granada, Nica-adventures sent someone back to the hotel to fetch it for us, as they clearly understood that preserving the good-will of the 3 year old was going to be key to keeping the whole gang upbeat, but we didn't have to tell them this, they just knew and took care of it and never made us feel bad for being such blockheads.

All in all, I was very impressed, and to give such a comment context, I'll say that despite frequent luxury travel, this is the first time I felt inspired to write a TA review.