“Family Vacation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel El Almirante

Save Saved
You added Hotel El Almirante to your Saves list
Hotel El Almirante
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle Corrales 111 | 1/2 cuadra de la Ferreteria Datisa al lago, Granada, Nicaragua (Formerly BEST WESTERN El Almirante)   |
Ranked #20 of 35 Hotels in Granada
Palm Springs, California
“Family Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Went to this hotel after our Wedding we were first at La Gran Francia. Both are great hotels. This hotel was closer to our familys house and is in a very safe area. At night there is always someone there and the lock the front gate. The staff is very kind and food is great. The pool is big and the rooms are clean. The rooms were a little small for my family of 5, but we made it work. A lot of Americans and missionary groups that stay there. They have a little bar for drinks as well.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Clermont, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

I made a trip to my birth country for my birthday. I wanted to show my wife (an American ) a little bit of Granada. I asked my uncle who lives in Granada for advise about where to stay. He made the reservation for us. I was impress when I walked inside. We loved the precious wood all over the place. The pool they built it in a tight space in the back. We stayed in room #6, it was very nice, quiet and the ac was super. The room was excellent.
The front desk staff was friendly, helpful and attentive to our requests and needs.they even helped to recommend me a boat to take a trip to the Isletas ( little islands @ the Nicaragua lake).
We used the hotel as a base to visit the next town towards Managua, Masaya.
I loved the idea to be close to masaya and enjoyed karaoke at La Calzada street ( one of the Main Street ) in Granada.
Whenever we go back ,we will definitely stay at this hotel.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Tamarindo, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I ended up here by accident when I found my original hotel (Hotel Limon) had been closed for a month even though my reservation had been made 2 days before.
This is a great little hotel with good service, friendly, helpful staff and an excellent location just 2 blocks from the Central Park.
For $50 a night, single room, I got comfort, cable, A/C that could freeze you out given the chance, a clean bathroom with large shower, and excellent service from all the staff, a pool, and all the coffee or tea I could drink. Really, I can't say enough good things about my stay there.
I would have to strain my brain real hard to find a negative so, but I could mention the bathroom door. If you are a large size person it could be a tight fit. It was a folding door that bumped up against the sink when opened. So, if that is the only complaint I can find I say, go for it.
Let's not forget breakfast. I had pancakes and fresh fruit with orange juice and coffee both days. The staff was always close by to fill your coffee cup and even offered OJ refills. I had more than enough to eat. There was one other negative though now that I mention food. The kitchen was only open until mid-day on the days I was there so if you were looking for dinner or an evening snack you had to go out. This again, though, was minor and can't even list it as a negative since there were nearby restaurants and pulperias (neighborhood stores). Go, stay, enjoy.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Very charming old colonial house, with all the expected amenities, and rooms with spacious shower space.
Bright, clean, flowery, in a quiet street only 3 blocks from La Calzada, and 3 blocks from the main square.
Excellent service and attention from the front desk and throughout the hotel.
Free parking available.
In addition to the staff, the general manager Harvey is extremely attentive and personal, know to go the extra miles.
For price, quality and service this hotel is a gem, and a top winner in Granada.

Room Tip: All rooms with AC...but request a room with both AC and ceiling fan.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Manchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

The hotel looks very simple from the outside, but once in, the spacious courtyard with landscaped garden, leads onto a small pool and 2 storey modern hotel rooms.
The hotel is on a quiet street, but very convenient for the town centre, which is only about a 5 minutes walk away.

The rooms are a little cramped, but are exceptionally well furnished and fitted out to a high quality. The bathroom is modern and excellent. Our room had a reasonable size window which let in the light, but some were quite gloomy.

Breakfast is served on tables around the courtyard and is simple, but adequate. Service is okay and the staff friendly. We wanted to hire a taxi on 2 days to visit surrounding areas and the evening receptionist was very helpful in arranging this for us.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Seaforth, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights in December, 2012 with our 2 children, aged 10 and 12. The hotel offered us a great price by choosing to stay for 3 nights. The pool was in great condition and very clean and the kids used it whenever we were back at the hotel from exploring. The room was comfortable, very clean and had really hot water, which was a real treat! The staff was very friendly and the breakfasts were nice. We also enjoyed having free wifi access both in the room and on the rest of the property. The hotel is on a quiet street but within easy walking distance to just about everything - the market, the square, bus "stations", waterfront, many restaurants, the Chocolate Museum and many others. We would definitely stay here again - it's an exceptional establishment in all ways!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I stayed here while on a tour to Granada and really loved it. The location is tops, only a couple blocks from the central park. The hotel is a lovely renovation of an old historic building and has a beautiful courtyard in the middle. It has a very serene atmosphere and cool breezes that flow through. The staff is wonderful, kind, helpful and very polite. We could not have asked for nicer people or a better place to stay in Granada. Very nice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel El Almirante? Share your experiences!