“Very nice accomodation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Posada Las Brisas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Granada
Posada Las Brisas
You added Posada Las Brisas to your Saves list
Calle La Calzada, No. 440, Granada, Nicaragua   |
Ranked #18 of 48 Granada B&B and Inns
Frankfurt, Germany
“Very nice accomodation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

The location of the guesthouse is very good in calle calzada close to many restaurants and the parque central but still the rooms are very quiet. I had a look at different guesthouses in Granada and chose this one as the rooms are remarkably nice and clean. There are nice common areas with a kitchen and computers which can be used for free.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
ccalleja, Owner at Posada Las Brisas, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
It was a pleasure to have you both as our guest. We always worry about keeping the rooms nice and clean. Looking forward to see you again in Granada.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Boca de Nosara, Guanacaste, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I have stayed in Granada a several times and had a variety of hotel experiences here, from budget to luxury... Posada Las Brisas was a surprise discovery for me! Considerate, warm and kind, very friendly and welcoming staff, family owned, who treated me like family. Rooms are large, super clean and secure, with a family member as night watchman all nights. The room I stayed in was tended to daily and kept immaculately clean. Open/shared kitchen and dining area, hammocks, patio, WiFi and laundry for a small fee... Located right on the main street/boardwalk (La Calzada), very close to restaurants, cafes, bars and tour company offices, BUT far enough down the street that it's not noisy, I felt very safe, especially being in a central location... Many Blessings and Thanks to Roberto and Family!!

Room Tip: #7 - my favorite number (or #6)
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
ccalleja, Manager at Posada Las Brisas, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you very much for your review. You are welcome to come back anytime you want. Blessings to you too.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Posada Las Brisas is top-notch, hands-down one of the absolute loveliest places in Granada. Having spent a solid two months in Granada, I investigated over a dozen budget hostels and hotels in the city (all within the $6-30/night range). After careful comparisons, I chose to stay with Posada for over a month and the lovely family that owns this place treated me like family.
Posada is clean, charming, secure, and has an excellent location. As a single traveler, I never feared for my safety as Posada is located right on the main street (La Calzada) and they always keep a night watchman for security in the evening.
The room I rented was tended to daily and kept immaculately clean. I searched and searched in Granada, out of sheer curiosity, and could not find a cleaner, better kept place for the price they asked. The warmth from the family that owns the place tops everything off, and I was truly made to feel like I was at home.
There is a kitchen and dining room to use, two computers with internet access, a comfy hammock on the patio, and the family even allowed me to do my laundry there in the main pila and hang my wet clothes on their clotheslines (just be sure to coordinate with the housekeeper who also uses the clotheslines, to be polite.)
*As a side note, there is a lavanderia service just a block away, where you can pay by the pound to have your laundry washed and dried for you. (The housekeeper at Posada also offer to do my laundry for me, for a small fee.) I used this service once and was pleased, though I do not remember the name. I was the only guest using Posada's clotheslines to do my own laundry every few days, so I'm guessing most travelers use the nearby lavanderia.
I'm going back to Granada soon, and I will refer all friends and family who want to visit me, to Posada Las Brisas.
*One tip I wish someone had clued me in to (and this likely applies everywhere- not just Posada Las Brisas)... if it rains heavily and little gnats are swarming everywhere after the rainfall at night, close your windows. The windows do not have screens, as none of the windows do in Granada, that I've seen. Yes, your room will get hot (I stayed there during the hottest months of the year- April to June) and yes, you will need to use your fans (my room had a ceiling fan AND a stand-alone fan), but it will be worth it to prevent your room from filling up with thousands of gnats, covering every surface, and preventing you from sleeping. After the fact, this seems to have been common sense, but I learned too late, and the housekeeper had to sweep up thousands of dead gnats in my room one morning. Better to shut the windows and the bugs will leave you in peace. :) Other than that, most nights you can leave your windows open without problems... ;)
Enjoy Posada Las Brisas...it truly is The Best Kept Secret in Granada!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
ccalleja, Owner at Posada Las Brisas, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thank you very much for your review. You are always welcome to stay in our posada any time you want, just make your reservation with time. For us its`s a pleasure that you stay with us.
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I loved staying here. The owners are incredibly nice and hospitable people.

+ Incredible value for the price
+ Awesome location on the main street in Granada. Very close to all the bars, restaurants, and tour company offices, but far enough down the street that it's not noisy.
+ Felt very safe, especially because of its central location
+ Very friendly and welcoming staff
+ Super clean. The cleaning staff does an impeccable job

No negatives! We stayed here for a few days, went to Isla de Ometepe, then came back to Granada and we of course went back to stay at Posada Las Brisas.

We stayed downstairs the first time, which was very nice. The second time we stayed upstairs which was even better! We will definitely come back to stay here the next time we are in Nicaragua.

• Stayed July 2012
Goodland, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012 via mobile

My girlfriend and I did some backpack traveling in Central Amer last summer. We had a bad experience in Costa Rica (bag theft) and were a bit down. Staying with Robertos family was the answer. Rooms were great, and we enjoyed the evening chats on the street with Roberto, his daughter, and son.in.law. We will be sure to return. The laundry lady was a charm of a person herself.
God Bless you Roberto and Family from Daniel and Karen

Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
, Owner at Posada Las Brisas, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Thank you Daniel and Karen for your review. We always try to make the best experience for all our guests and we are glad to know that your stay in Posada Las Brisas was like a family experience. You are always welcome to come back any time, Posada Las Brisas is your home.

Regards

Roberto.
ljubljana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

Everything a traveler could dream of. Posada Las Brisas is probably the best kept secret of Granada. If you're looking for a place located in the heart of the City, with a specous, clean room, well equipt kitchen and a place you can relax, then this is the place for you. Friendly host will do everything to meet your needs. And if you still feel you're not relax enought, just step outside the posada and turn left, just few meters down the street is luxury Hotel Granada, which have an excelent pool, where you could swimm and enjoy your Nicaraguan »dolce vita« for only 5$/pp. We stayed in Posada Las Brisas for 14 days and had the time of our lives in Nicaragua. With only one word – excellent.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Meadow Lake, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

One reviewer mentioned a washing machine. I think they no longer have it but guest can use their clothes lines to hang out clothes. The kitchen is stocked with plates, bowls, and cooking utensils as well as a microwave and a coffee maker.
We enjoyed our time there as we were out most of the day so could view the communal TV and use the single computer in the evenings. Really clean and the price helped our entended stay greatly! It was quiet since it was about two blocks away from the noisy night live up the street toward the main square.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Posada Las Brisas? Share your experiences!