“Best Hotel/Spa in Granada!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mansion De Chocolate

Save Saved
You added Mansion De Chocolate to your Saves list
Mansion De Chocolate
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle Atravesada | across from Bancentro, Granada 505, Nicaragua (Formerly Hotel Spa Granada)   |
Ranked #22 of 35 Hotels in Granada
Astoria, New York
“Best Hotel/Spa in Granada!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Hotel Spa Granada was our first stop in Nicaragua. The hotel staff were great with helping coordinate a ride from the airport in Managua to the hotel. We felt very safe and taken care of during our first trip to Nicaragua. The hotel itself is gorgeous and the staff are so kind and helpful. The breakfast that is provided is AMAZING, as is the coffee!! It was so cool to have a chocolate museum attached to the hotel!
We wanted to go on a kayak tour of lake Nicaragua and they set it up for us and they made us feel safe and cared for. The pool is amazing! The staff at the bar and the pool are very helpful and caring. We never felt like we were missing a thing. The rooms are huge and comfortable and cleaned each day. I had a facial at the spa and it was just so perfect and relaxing. I highly recommend this hotel/spa for any newcomer to Granada. We felt cared for and safe in a new country. Thank you especially to David for really taking care of us and making sure our stay was happy! I cannot stress how happy we were with this hotel/spa! It was a great experience and we will definitely be back!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Spent 2 days at this prorerty which were amazing.I had 2 spa treatments at a great valvue.The Pool was very nice and not crowded.Lunch was nice and freshly made.You had a bit of a wait but well worth it.The breakfast could have been better but that was the only down fall.Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: The longer your stay the lower the price.Would definitely stay there again.
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I feel like that pretty much sums it up! We had a beautiful room, enjoyed the pool and roof deck, LOVED breakfast, but came home late on New Year's Eve to animal droppings and what seemed like was probably a bat (or a couple of bats) nesting in the rafters. Pros and Cons, right? Expensive, but no more than Hotel Granada, etc.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We did not stay at this hotel but booked spa treatments and spent an afternoon there. We had a facial and a massage each, which weren't the most luxurious i've ever experienced but good value. It was a nice place to sit and relax, if a little crowded. The pool and the outside areas are really pretty. The drinks were over priced but the service was good. I did not see any of the bedrooms but the colonial building is spectacular (not sure about the iffy modern furniture) and the chocolate museum cafe breakfast is worth a try.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Ater 5 nights at the Barcelo Montelimar we stayed at the spa granada for 2 nights cellibrating new years and what an experience ! It really made the trip to Nicaragua worth while. The staff at the reception were all very helpful and competent all of this with a smile , the pool with its beautiful gardens and bar , which had a very good quality of food and drinks....not forgeting the 3 charming ducks....and the breakfastes, just awesome with the homemade chocolate !
This hotel has alot of history, once having being a private home and then a medical research center, until just 2 years ago, transformed into this great hotel.......are only regret is not having spent the whole week at this hotel !
If you want the best guide ever for a day tour of Granada and its surrondings, have the reception call for you, Servicio de Viajes Expreso with Carlos as your driver !

sincerely, Sylvain and Catherine

Room Tip: we were in a superior room with a huge balcony overviewing the garden :)
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I write this review as a thank you note to the wonderful staff of Hotel Spa Granada. Earlier this month we rented all the rooms of the hotel for my 40th Birthday party. I suspect that having 30 friends and family take over the house, in the mood to party, was a challenge for the staff, but they did an incredible job! The food at the pool bar is not quick to come, but that is because the wonderful woman behind the bar is doing everything herself and turning out some of the most delicious tastes we had in Nicaragua. Libby who works the front desk during the day (and is an American with perfect English) constantly and calmly assisted us with all our daily requests. Carlos the night clerk was such a darling and during all our half English/ half Spanish conversations, with lots of hand gesturing, became a dear friend. He even hand-made me a birthday gift and then refused to take a tip at the end of our stay because he said in his heart, we were friends. My elderly father often stayed behind during our daily adventures and the ladies who cleaned his rooms helped him more times than I can count and then came running to the front desk to hug him goodbye when we left. Kenny served us tasty breakfast with a smile every morning. He came in at 5am to cook for us on the day we had to travel early and he stayed until 11pm on our last night to ensure we had a catered dinner. I wish I could remember everyone's names, but the Hotel Spa Granada seems to have an army there to help make your stay comfortable and happy. The owner, Mitch, was also on hand to give advice, ask how we were doing and whenever a suggestion was made.....he got right to it. We especially love the bunnies in the garden and were thrilled when Mitch saved the baby monkey, Lola, and promised us he would forever be taken care of at Hotel Spa Granada. Mitch let me take him to my room and has promised me to train and socialize Lola....so future guests, please let me know that Lola is happily playing with staff and guests and not confined to his cage. Thank you to Mitch and your staff for making my special birthday trip so wonderful. I feel like we have dozens of new friends and family and I speak for all 30 of us when I say we are glad to have spent this special time with you.

Room Tip: Estrella is the best room in the hotel. Sol and Cacoa are close seconds. If you prefer no steps, Cor...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

What a find and not at all whqt I expected! This colonial era mansion has been ecclectically renovated combining old world style with modern flare. The courtyards are beautiful, the pool is fun, and the people are very helpful and friendly. There is also a chocolate museum on the premises operated by the hotel where amazing freshly made chocolate is available. My kids loved making their own chocolate bar. I''ll definitely stay here again if I ever return to Granada.

• Stayed January 2013

Been to Mansion De Chocolate? Share your experiences!