“upgraded room worth the price” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Hotel Spa Granada to your Saves list
Booking.com Expedia.com
Hotel Spa Granada
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle Atravesada | across from Bancentro, Granada 505, Nicaragua   |
Ranked #22 of 34 hotels in Granada
Guerneville, California
“upgraded room worth the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I had a delightful four night stay. The location is great, ATM on the corner, resturants and central cathedral/park a short walk. The Chocolate Class was a lot of fun, and more interesting than I would have thought. The breakfast was good and filling, set the day off right. The owner was on site during the, and very helpful. I paid extra for an upstairs room, and having access to the balcony was worth the price. Good internet access upthere with a view.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

223 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Atenas, Costa Rica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

My wife Ruth and I spent 3 nights at the hotel on November 27 28 29, 2012 for our 41st Anniversary. Three days before our arrival I emailed and asked if we could have a bottle of red wine and flowers in our room on arrival. They were there with ice and water. We were in Volcan Room which is at the top of the stairs the room had a full size bed and large walkin shower. The breakfast buffet was good not great but you could order eggs and other things cook to order which was a plus you will not leave hungry. On the day that we had to get the Tica Bus at 7am they even open for us at 620am. The usual time is 7am. I booked a massage 60 minutes and my wife had the 1 1/2 hour combo with facial pedicure and manicure, both were well worth the price. The hotel arranged a trip on the lake and we didnt have to think about how to do that ourself. Would we go back to this hotel that is a yes. But as we were there for three days and we visited other hotels there were a few that we would also use. but ima not going to tell you which ones.

Room Tip: The upstair rooms have more light although the rooms that I saw downstairs just off the first courty...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Oak Island, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Located in a wonderful city is Hotel Spa Granada with a nice location, great staff and a wonderful atmosphere. Centrally located just off the downtown core everything is within a few minutes walk of the central park. The pool is something to behold a must see!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Hotel Spa Granada is an Oasis of luxry and relaxation in the middle of the bustling city. Upon entering one is immediately transported to the splendor and beauty of colonial Granada. The lobby is adorned with spectacular art and even includes a small but highly informative cafe/museum dedicated to all things Cocoa. However the true jewel of this destination is the sparkling pool and courtyard garden. We we're thrilled to soak up the rays on the well appointed pool decks (the rooftop affords an excllent city view as well) while being served cocktails and light sacks from the pool bar. The ambiance is perfectly chilled out tropical paradise with up beat music and a friendly staff who complete the full on resort style experience. We also thoroughly enjoyed the outstanding spa services which are offered in the privacy of tranquil rooms just steps from the pool. A full menu of services we're on offer and we all remarked upon the skill and professionalism of the spa staff as well. All in all Hotel Spa Granada is a unique and perfect place to relax and forget the trouble of the city. I'd highly recommend the pool, food/drinks and spa services to anyone looking to get away from it all.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Safety Harbor, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I recently stayed at the Hotel Spa Granada which includes a spa and the Chocolate Museum; I visited and used the services of all three and truly enjoyed my stay. Staff at all three areas are welcoming, professional, and ready to help in any way needed.
The hotel is secure, open and airy atmosphere, comfortable, and modern yet historic. It has the modern features people like in a hotel within it's historic walls surrounding the courtyards. The pool and areas are situated in a secluded area to allow swimmers and spa clients peace and quiet.
The Chocolate Museum provides a small buffet of traditional food and a menu of cooked to order items. I recommend taking the tour to learn about the Nicaraguan history of chocolate which is interactive, takes about 2 hours, and culminates with you making your own chocolate bar.
I will return.

Mike
Travel Thru My Eyes; Let's GO!!!
Have fun, travel safe

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Arroyo Grande
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Staying in a restored colonial building with beautifully maintained gardens and polished tile floors was a great experience. The layout offered a quite environment with just a short three 3 block walk to the central plaza. The rooms are spread out so a feeling of privacy exists. All of the room's features operated perfectly even during the tropical downpours and great service was provided by an efficient and pleasant staff. The breakfast was very good, the best in town. The hotel staff was a delight, helping us with our spanish and showing great humor and patience. The pool was a pleasure, though never crowded. After a few days the hotel and staff seemed like home and family.
We took a tour offered by the Cocoa Museum , an integral part of the Hotel,which took us by boat and horseback to tour a local cocoa plantation. The tour offered views of the waterfront and lake, forest trails and wildlife and an understanding of plantation life. Ismael our guide was a delight sharing his knowledge of the entire process of producing chocolate. He is also a part of the museum itself that demonstrates the entire production process from plantation to final product.
Massage service is part of the hotel service. I am not a massage expert, the couple I had were great. I did hear though that some of the therapists were better than others though I guess this is quite subjective.
All in all my memories of Granada will include the Spa Granada it's friendly and efficient staff and their mascot "Choquita".

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
New York, New York, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

The Hotel Spa Granada offers an opportunity to see a gorgeous restoration of a massive colonial home, tastefully decorated and landscaped. The pool is a comfortable oasis open to the public for a nominal $5 fee. During my stay in Granada I took advantage of those aspects of the Hotel Spa Granada several times and would recommend that portion of it to any Granada visitor. However, on my second visit to the spa I decided to book a massage for the next day and that was a mistake. When I showed up for the massage I was directed to go the cabanas and wait for my therapist, which I eagerly did. I waited, and I waited until fifteen minutes past the appointment time and walked back to the desk to ask where my therapist was. The receptionist called him on the phone and ten minutes later he showed up without apology. We entered the cabana and I layed down on the uncomfortable homemade massage table and then began the most painful massage I have ever had. The 'therapist' seemed to have no idea what a massage was and repeatedly and abruptly poked me in the glutes and IT band; a 'treatment' that left me with soreness and pain for days after. He attempted to poke and prod me in the back of the knee to which I shouted "NO!" He appeared to have no training or knowledge of anatomy and often approached endangerment sites with brutal abandon. During the massage he actually made a phone call and then answered another while keeping his free hand on my back. See this place, enjoy the pool, but save yourself the painful experience of a massage at the Hotel Spa Granada

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Spa Granada? Share your experiences!