What can I add to all the previous wonderful reviews. They are all true.
The location of this delightful small island near Granada is magical. Peaceful, beautiful and luxurious. The accommodation is attractive, sympathetically built with regards to the environment and very, very comfortable. The view from our room terrace was so relaxing and the perfect location for our early morning coffees and evening sun-downers.
The food was the best that we ate in Nicaragua. It incorporated local ingredients and flavours with European flair and quality. The non-alcoholic drinks were all complimentary and the prices of the wines and other cocktails very reasonable.
The staff is great. They are friendly and efficient. The organized activities including cocktail making and cooking were great fun. The massages in the spa were excellent.
The boat transfers take about fifteen minutes. The scenery along the way was beautiful.
We didn't do much more than move between the delightful swimming pool, restaurant and our casita and still found five nights too short. If, however you need to be more active there were plenty of activities/tours on offer.
Whilst relaxing by the pool we were constantly topped up with cool drinking water, which we really appreciated.
We were also lucky enough to meet the English owner who is really committed to eco-tourism as opposed to some resorts where the description is just used as another marketing tool.
My only small negative comment is that there were too few sun loungers. Most of the time it wasn't an issue but if the resort was full the six sunbeds would not be enough.
If you visit Nicaragua, don't miss the chance of staying at Jicaro.
- Also Known As:
- Jicaro Island Ecolodge Hotel Granada
- Jicaro Island Ecolodge Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Developed in harmony with the surrounding nature and local community, Jicaro Island Ecolodge is Nicaragua's most upscale nature resort located on a private island in Lake Nicaragua. Nine private two-story casitas serve as the perfect setting for romantic escapes and wellness retreats on this secluded island getaway. The open kitchen serves Nicaraguan fusion cuisine using local and organic ingredients in an open air setting overlooking Mombacho volcano. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Expedia, TripOnline SA and Venere so you can book your Jicaro Island Ecolodge Granada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.