I have stayed at some amazing luxury hotels before (the Danieli in Venice, Claridges in London, the Sofitel Metropole in Hanoi, the Peninsula in Hong Kong) ... and I have to say that while it is completely different from those I just mentioned (it is an eco lodge and not in an urban setting for the obvious differences) it was every bit as amazing, if not more amazing. My boyfriend and I spent 3 nights at Jicaro last August and we did not want to leave, we wish we had stayed longer.
The staff were wonderfully attentive while also allowing you to relax undisturbed - they seemed to find the perfect balance.
The food was INCREDIBLE. The breakfasts of garden omelets (overflowing with unbelievably fresh vegetables) and coconut crusted french toast were very memorable. The dinners were equally wonderful with a wide array of choices including amazing fresh fish and steaks. Their homemade juices and fresh-brewed local teas were wonderfully refreshing while sitting by their beautiful pool and enjoying the breathtaking views on the island.
The casitas were spacious, clean, VERY comfortable, and beautifully built entirely with wood from trees that had fallen in a rainforest near by.
They have a sort of look out in the middle of the island which offered great photo opportunities of the surrounding lake - especially great at sunsets.
We did their fishing tour (my boyfriend's idea, I was not excited) and it was so fun! Our guide was amazing and so patient with us (we were not very talented at fishing...) and showed us around the lake and where he lived.
I really can not say enough about how enjoyable our stay was. I would HIGHLY recommend any couple looking for an amazing romantic escape or honeymoon location to choose Jicaro -- you won't be disappointed.
- Also Known As:
- Jicaro Island Ecolodge Hotel Granada
- Jicaro Island Ecolodge Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Developed in harmony with the surrounding nature and local community, Jicaro Island Ecolodge is Nicaragua's most upscale nature resort located on a private island in Lake Nicaragua. Nine private two-story casitas serve as the perfect setting for romantic escapes and wellness retreats on this secluded island getaway. The open kitchen serves Nicaraguan fusion cuisine using local and organic ingredients in an open air setting overlooking Mombacho volcano. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Expedia, TripOnline SA and Venere so you can book your Jicaro Island Ecolodge Granada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.