“Just a perfect B&B experience right in the centre of Granada” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Silas B & B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Granada
Casa Silas B & B
You added Casa Silas B & B to your Saves list
206 Calle La Concepcion, Granada, Nicaragua   |
Ranked #4 of 48 Granada B&B and Inns
Roatan, Honduras
“Just a perfect B&B experience right in the centre of Granada”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I booked at Casa Silas based on TripAdvisor reviews. I can fully validate all the exceptional reviews that precede mine.
Claudia and Rob and the perfect hosts. They offer warm hospitality and a wealth of local knowledge. Their casual, friendly style embodies their "mi casa su casa" philosophy and I really did feel as easy and relaxed as if staying in the home of good friends. On the first evening they even welcomed me to join them and their friends at a book reading by a Nicaraguan author which I thoroughly enjoyed.
Casa Silas is a home in the typical spanish colonial style with lovely internal courtyard garden and pool, which I made good use of. I decided to spend shorter days touring around so I could relax by the pool in the afternoons and read. I was very happy to extend my stay to accommodate the more relaxed schedule.
The guest rooms are spacious and nicely appointed with private bath. Very clean and very quiet. I slept very well. Air conditioning is included in the rooms which is great although I found only necessary to use for an hour or two as the Casa is very cool and breezy.
Breakfast each morning by the pool always with fresh fruit and followed by eggs or a more typical Nicaraguan dish such as nacatamals. And plenty of really good coffee. Delicous.
Claudia and Rob were super helpful in organizing transport, providing directions, restaurant recommendations.
I also really enjoyed meeting the other guests that stayed one night while I was there. Very pleasant to start the day around the breakfast table together and share travel plans.
Please read and believe all the other rave reviews. This is a wonderful place to stay in Granada. I will be back for sure.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Casa Silas B&B is a beautiful paradise within a paradise. Rob was a gracious and knowledgeable host with great advice about Granada and a clean, comfortable, and gorgeous home. The breakfast he and Claudia made for us was simple, delicious and perfect: fruit, gallo pinto, coffee, and toast. The small pool is perfect for a relaxing dip for two in the middle of a hot day. The decor and size of the large bedroom and bathroom in which we stayed was a refreshing change from the more modest accommodations of a hostel. I would definitely, DEFINITELY recommend a stay! AND Rob told us they may be upgrading to a new spot soon with 6 rooms instead of 2, a bonus for larger parties or people looking for a longer stay!

Casa Silas is a just short walk from the main street and local market (but is misrepresented on google maps so beware).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Milwaukie, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I happened to "stumble" accross Casa Silas when looking for lodging for our trip to Granada, and I am SO happy that I did! Rob and Claudia are fantastic hosts, and the casa was absolutely fabulous!!! We were very comfortable and felt like we were visiting old friends. Breakfast by the pool, chatting with new friends, and planning our day was the norm each morning. The casa is centrally located, so we were able to head out and explore Granada and easily walk the streets, shop and find great restaurants. I am excited for another trip to Nicaragua, and will not consider any other lodging aside from Casa Silas.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dana Point, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Having been to Granada previously we knew we wanted to spend a few days in this city before heading to San Juan Del Sur for 2 months. Casa Silas was the perfect place to stay. The 2 rooms are comfortable and attractively decorated. Rob and Claudia's home is warm and inviting. Opportunities for relaxation are abundant. Breakfasts are delicious and hearty. Rob is a wealth of information regarding Granada and surrounding areas. Location lends itself to easy exploration of the town. The pool was refreshing after excursions out in the heat. Conversations with Rob and Claudia were very pleasant. My husband and I felt like we were staying with friends. At the end of our trip we returned to Casa Silas for another 4 days before flying home. We feel like Casa Silas is our home in Nicaragua. Next year we plan to return.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Our stay at Casa Silas was a great start to our vacation in Nicaragua! We loved our stay here and couldn't have asked for more helpful and friendly hosts. We really enjoyed visiting and getting travel tips from the other guests, hanging out by the pool or over breakfast. Rob and Claudia always made us feel welcome and were very helpful with everything we asked them, and yet gave us our own space too. The room was big and nicely decorated, with a comfortable bed and big shower. Breakfasts were delicious. Location was perfect walking distance to all restaurants and bars and we felt very safe walking home late at night. I will definitely stay at Casa Silas when i return to Granada and highly recommend it!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at Casa Silas and would highly recommend it to anyone staying in Granada. It was centrally located and we were able to walk everywhere. It was nice to come back in the afternoon to cool off in the pool as well.
The rooms were large, clean and cool. Rob provided lots of pointers and suggestions for sightseeing and restaurants as well.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Monument, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I've been to about 50 countries and always use TripAdvisor to find a good locally owned B&B/botique hotel. I just finished staying at Casa Silas, and it is at the top of my list. We had such a comfortable and friendly stay. The location is perfect, as was the attention to detail. There are only two rooms, it is perfect for a couple, or a family to rent out both rooms.

I would recommend coming here for the fried cheese alone (came with breakfast). Not to mention, AC, pool, pool towels, the most friendly owners.

For the price, I can not think of a better place to stay in Granada, let alone Nicaragua, let alone the world.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Casa Silas B & B? Share your experiences!