“Exceptional food, service and setting!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Garden Cafe

The Garden Cafe
Central Park 1 block East | Calle Libertad y Avenida Cervantes, Granada, Nicaragua
+505 2552 8582
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 108 Restaurants in Granada
Cuisines: Latin, Californian, Café
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Special occasions, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night, Dessert
Description: "The Garden Cafe" is a casual cafe, located in the historical center of Granada in a beautiful century-old Colonial house. We offer full breakfast, lunch and dinner: enjoy from our selection of fresh sandwiches, salads, wraps & pastas. At The Garden Cafe you will also find a great selection of teas, specialty coffee, home baked desserts and amazing fresh fruit smoothies & juices. We offer the best quality ingredients with fresh locally baked breads, organically grown produce where possible and a loving touch. The Garden Cafe strives to provide a "mi casa es su casa" atmosphere where everyone is treated like family. In addition to nourishing the bodies of our customers, we are here to inspire ourselves, our customers and our community. We do everything with passion, creativity, love and we are seriously committed to helping and developing our city and our country.Complimentary WI-FI service and free book exchange/loan.
Idaho
“Exceptional food, service and setting!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

The Garden Cafe is one of favorite and most frequently restaurants in Granada. I have been going to it since it opened and stayed in their one apartment on three or four different trips, having breakfast there each day. In February my partner, sister-in-law joined me in Granada. We savored each breakfast and lunch as well as smoothies and brownies, if not my favorite muffin, in between The garden atmosphere and location cannot be beat and the staff and owners are the best. Love, love, the place!

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Hebrew first
Toronto, Canada
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

The food was delicious . The salad was made with fresh ingredients including the most amazing goat cheese I had ever eaten. The chicken wrap was also fresh and delicious. Recommend this place to eat and to just relax.

Visited July 2014
Jinotepe, Nicaragua
“Gotta get my fix...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Garden Cafe has THE best Caesar salad dressing in Nicaragua! All from scratch, a salad piled high with crisp lettuces, large croutons, and perfectly cooked chicken breast... ask for extra salad dressing, you won't be disappointed! I have to stop at Garden Cafe every month for my Caesar salad fix, and usually end up taking a bottle of dressing home, as well.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Comfortable place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I visited here almost everyday of a 2 week stay! I didn't eat much here because of staying in home stay with local family but did have phenomenal chimichurri sandwich and Nacatamales. But my favorite go too drink/snack here was the coco, lime, piña yogurt drink that came really cold so quenched my thirst in the heat and provided nutrition in way of yogurt. Did feel like they were more $ than elsewhere (like 50 cents) but the environment is comfortable with being able to study or surf the Web without feeling like I needed to run out. The only I disliked was that one day I ventured outside my normal smoothie and opted for a calamala, piña, banano. It was so bitter!!! so make sure you like that fruit before you get the drink :) As others mentikned, there is lending library...but there is also a shelf from which you give donation to Puedo Leer NGO. Also, there is a store of goods connected from which you can by gifts for self or others.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“True Garden Oasis”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Although I was only in Granada a few days, I ended up coming back to this little gem several times! The menu is a varied and very affordable (big platter of hummus with homemade pita and veggies for $3 US), the staff attentive and friendly, and the atmosphere relaxed and welcoming. There's an attached gift shop that sells high-quality artisan products, check it out if you grab a bite. I highly recommend the frozen strawberry lemonade (you can get it with rum added if you want a "stiff" drink) and the brownies--yum!

• Visited July 2014