“Best breakfast” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Garden Cafe

The Garden Cafe
Central Park 1 block East | Calle Libertad y Avenida Cervantes, Granada, Nicaragua
+505 2552 8582
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 112 Restaurants in Granada
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Californian, Latin, Coffee Shop
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dessert, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: "The Garden Cafe" is a casual cafe, located in the historical center of Granada in a beautiful century-old Colonial house. We offer full breakfast, lunch and dinner: enjoy from our selection of fresh sandwiches, salads, wraps & pastas. At The Garden Cafe you will also find a great selection of teas, specialty coffee, home baked desserts and amazing fresh fruit smoothies & juices. We offer the best quality ingredients with fresh locally baked breads, organically grown produce where possible and a loving touch. The Garden Cafe strives to provide a "mi casa es su casa" atmosphere where everyone is treated like family. In addition to nourishing the bodies of our customers, we are here to inspire ourselves, our customers and our community. We do everything with passion, creativity, love and we are seriously committed to helping and developing our city and our country.Complimentary WI-FI service and free book exchange/loan.
Perth, Australia
“Best breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

We came here everyday for breakfast while in Granada. Amazing breakfast, the eggs, fruit salad and granola and the french toast with blueberries are all scrumptious! Coffee was ok.

Good, reliable service and a very relaxing (hippie-ish) atmosphere at the front with a bookstore. Nice courtyard too.

Visited January 2014

• Hebrew first
  • Slovak first
San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
“Delicious food in a beautiful setting!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

Came here for lunch with a friend. It was Sunday so the place was pretty much full, but that did not stop us from getting great service, nor was our order delayed. I had the Panini Caprese which I highly recommend. We liked it a lot so we cam for breakfast the next morning. Order the Buenos Dias breakfast, a bagel with eggs, bacon and cheese inside. Delicious!

Visited January 2014
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Beautiful setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

My daughter has lived in NIcaragua for 4 months and she recommended this restaurant to my husband and I when we visited. I am vegetarian and so finding food that meets my needs can be a bit challenging. That was not the case here. The rest of our group who enjoy their meat, also loved this spot. I would definitely recommend this spot to eat.

Visited December 2013
Granada, Nicaragua
“My Favorite Place in Granada”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

You walk into a Garden Oasis, sit and sip a glass of wine, beer or cold ice tea ... and feel like you've been transported to paradise. And even better than that ... the food is fabulous. Definitely a go to place if you are visiting Granada ... and it might become your favorite haunt if you live here. Prices are reasonable ... not the cheapest in Granada but not the highest either ... well worth it!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Toronto
“Best breakfast in Granada!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Fresh smoothies and every breakfast is mouth watering and filling. Why eat anywhere else for breakie when in Granada? I had the chocolate pancakes one morning and the breakfast burrito the next. Both times I had to share or save half my breakfast as it was so plentiful.

The beautiful courtyard garden is lovely as is the local art adorning the walls. The service is good and the food is even better. I would highly recommend the Garden Cafe. (just ask anyone you meet and I'm sure they'll say the same)

Visited December 2013