“A hidden gem in Granada!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Casa de Alto
Granada, Nicaragua   |
Ranked #28 of 33 Hotels in Granada
NYC
“A hidden gem in Granada!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2010

Stayed here in August for 3 nights after our other hotel was overbooked for the remainder of our stay.
The hotel is on a side street a few blocks outside of the main streets (the ones near the town square).
A secure hotel, they lock the front gates at all times. This is very important to me; other hostels had people walking in and out with no regard for who was coming in. I never had to wait more than two seconds for the night watchman or the hotel staff to open the gate for me.
The hotel is family-owned and the staff is super nice. The rooms are quite large-- I believe there are only 9 rooms--and are all air-conditioned (with a wall unit) and have big bathrooms, tile floors, and the room we stayed in (#3) had a nice balcony. I believe they all have balconies though. I did not find the hotel to be noisy due to its location on a street. ALL Granada's hotels are on streets..!
The breakfast area is small, but the food they made us was delicious. Gallo pinto, eggs, toast, and of course, fruit!
The night watchman was super nice, and hardworking. If you go there, try and tip him!
All in all, a great stay! No need to stay in one of Granada's backpacker hostels... nor the giant American-style ritzy places.. this is a perfect middle ground. :)

• Stayed August 2010

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2008

I arrived in Granada on a bus from SJDS around 3pm. All of my preferred hotels (ie, the ones with good tripadvisor reviews) were booked! Be careful arriving in Granada without a reservation.

Anyway, stayed here based on a recommendation from the Hotel Kekoldi. They recommended Terrasol first (which was booked solid), then this place. It was a very nice hotel... beautiful view from the balcony, value priced, GIANT rooms (with two beds each), and very clean and well maintained.

However, road noise was significant and made me cut my stay short. I moved to Terrasol for the remainder of the week.

If road noise doesn't bother you and you have more than one-two people, this would be an excellent choice. The room I stayed in (for $40) was easily 3x the size of the room at Terrasol, and just as clean with just as many amenities.

Stayed July 2008

Been to Hotel Casa de Alto? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Casa de Alto

Address: Granada, Nicaragua
Location: Nicaragua > Granada Department > Granada
Ranked #28 of 33 Hotels in Granada
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Casa de Alto reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Hotel Casa de Alto, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.