“A better version of "home"” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Xalteva

Save Saved
You added Hotel Xalteva to your Saves list
Hotel Xalteva
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Trillo Santa Rosa | Calle Obispo Ulloa, Granada 0500084, Nicaragua (Formerly Xalteva Condominiums)   |
Offers & Announcements
Homemade meals
Ranked #7 of 34 hotels in Granada
chicago
“A better version of "home"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I'm so excited to write this review. I typically don't write reviews but was so impressed with my stay at Hotel Xalteva. It is genuinely the best hotel / stay experience I've had anywhere.

There is so much thought, attention to detail, service, and sincerity behind everything that they do. It was such a pleasure to get to know the staff, Jennifer, Melissa, Nelson etc. I was only there 2 days, and traveled alone which I was nervous about. However they made me feel incredibly welcomed and helped me feel at home and very comfortable in more ways than I'd ever expect. The size of the hotel is perfect too, it feels like a small community. We eat breakfast by the pool tiki hut and I got to meet a lot of the international guests.

It was undoubtedly the best decision I made of my trip. They also made the rest of my trip so enjoyable by helping me book all my activities to go to a spa, zip lining, kayaking, taxi for the airport, and to check out some local restaurants.

The hotel/condos are very beautiful with the Nicaraguan charming, clean, and relaxing. Every detail is covered from the way the rooms were designed, to the hotel and pool accommodations, and activity recommendations. I couldn't have hoped for a better experience! Thank you to the team, everything is much appreciated :)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
jaysnyder, General Manager at Hotel Xalteva, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear valued guest,
Thank you for your kind words, all of our staff read your review and were overjoyed that you had such a great experience. We look forward to seeing you again and providing you with the same great service. Here at Hotel Xalteva we strive to offer each guest important details. We are always growing and now, for the first time every we offer a meal service for guests who do not want to go out but do not want to cook either. Our meals are made with care based on dietary needs of each individual and offer a great complement to our already phenomenal services. Thank you for staying with us and we will great you next time as part of our family.

121 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Loved our time in Granada and at the Xalteva. The staff was wonderful and very helpful. Enjoyed our fresh made breakfasts. The hotel is a short walk from the center of Granada and a few blocks from the local market. We didn't end up cooking in our room, so can't comment on the kitchen utensils, but looked more than sufficient. We would definitely stay at the Xalteva again.

Room Tip: Our sleep was interrupted every night with dogs barking and not sure if it was from the house direct...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
jaysnyder, General Manager at Hotel Xalteva, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear Guest,
We appreciate reviews such as yours and we hope that next time you visit us you take advantage of our fully equipped kitchen. Just ask for a Suite 1 or a Suite 2 option. We have spoken to our neighbors about trying to quiet their dogs and hope that we will be successful in resolving it soon. Thank you so much.
Norman, Oklahoma, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

My two young kids and I stayed at these condos for a total of almost 6 weeks while my husband was in and out, traveling around Nicaragua for work. I cannot imagine a better place to have stayed. Our condo was kept immaculately clean and I appreciated having a place to cook so as not to have to eat out alone with my kids. We enjoyed the pool on a daily basis as it was consistently hot and humid. The location was great - close enough to walk to the central park plenty of restaurants, and yet away from too much noise. It was an excellent place to get to know other travelers.

What made this condo incomparable to other places we've stayed was the staff - and the love and attention they gave my kids. They made us truly feel like we were home, and my 3 1/2 year old daughter still talks about our "home in Nicaragua" and questions when we will be able to return and visit our friends (the staff). Melissa was very available to answer questions and offer suggestions. Jennifer and Fatima were extremely helpful and my kids loved to run into the office every day and say hello (or practice their Spanish). Ana was an excellent housekeeper and very sweet and genuine. Ivania and Maria Jose work diligently and efficiently, and every morning my kids anxiously stood at the window, looking for them to say hi and start their day off right. Night guards Francisco and Jackson work hard around the hotel and my kids loved running around with them in the evenings. Luis and Nelson were always busy working on projects, but always had time to give a little extra attention to my kids when possible. My 1-year old son loved Nelson and wanted to be with him always - whether it was sitting outside the condo simply watching traffic, or going on bike rides to run errands.

This is a unique staff as they are all truly dedicated to their guests, hard working as they pay attention to the details, and each of them go extremely out of their way to make you feel a part of the family life at Hotel Xalteva. - Sarah (and David), Adele, and Henry

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
We at Hotel Xalteva are touched by your review. It brought some of the staff members to tears that you think so highly of each member of our team. There is nothing else that I can add nor anything else I can say with out repeating that it was a pleasure to have you stay with us and that we look forward to seeing you and your family again. Please keep in touch with us. We would love to see photos of the children as they grow up. Our guests mean a lot to us, you mean a lot to us.
Thank you so much!
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

My husband, our toddler and I lived in Granada for six months due to his work, and spent the entire time here. It was the perfect combination of a home (large, comfy kitchen, hot water, toilets that work just like in the US) and a hotel (great pool, housekeeping services three times a week). My parents and my sister and her boyfriend all came to visit us within that time frame and everyone raved about the hotel.

It is a 10-15 minute walk from the Parque Central and the restaurant-lined pedestrian walkway the Calzada, but we really enjoyed being in a real neighborhood, and, as former New Yorkers, are used to walking, so we enjoyed the location--especially after the amazing Café Espressionista opened up opposite Xalteva church. The greatest thing about the location was the local festivals and parades that happened right on our street--a Purisima (the December festival celebrating the Virgin Mary), a Via Cruz during Lent, and some random parades/dance-offs that I think were for San Jeronimo, but who can keep track?

But our favorite part of the hotel was by far the staff. Every single person was so nice and SO GREAT WITH KIDS. I knew everyone was keeping an eye out for our daughter (which is what you want with a toddler who thinks crawling up stairs is a good time), and we hired our amazing babysitter from among the staff--Maria José. Our unit was right next to the laundry room (unit 104), so we got to see Ivania's smiling face often, which was a huge plus, although our friends who stayed in 101 felt the same way about Jenny and Fatima. And the guys were great too, and just as sweet with the baby.

The complex only has nine apartments, and they're all great, but the middle units get the least light. The end units (104 and the apartment above us) have two little patios instead of one (I used one of ours as my home office). However, the internet doesn't reach back here all the time, so if Internet is really important to you (or if you want to be near an English speaking staff member most of the time), book 101, which is right next to reception, where the internet always works.

I've read some complaints about noise, but from our bedroom, which was off the courtyard, you never heard any street noise, even when people were shooting off fireworks. The back bedroom got a bit more noise.

The only people who shouldn't stay here, I think are people who need to be right in the heart of the action, or who don't want to be bothered by kids.

Otherwise, it's a dream. I'm a little worried about taking our daughter back home, where we don't have a pool, a parrot, or turtles in the garden, or lots of people who are happy to play with her all day and night.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
jaysnyder, General Manager at Hotel Xalteva, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear valued guests,
We appreciate your comments. It was a joy to have you and your family stay here. It has only been a week since you have left and your young daughter is already greatly missed. Children are a joy for all of the workers at Hotel Xalteva and one often finds a staff person taking a break from work to play with a baby, walk with a toddler and help teach Spanish words to an older child or adult. As you experienced, Hotel Xalteva offers a variety of services from nanny and babysitting services to meals, catering, and special events all of which you took part in. We are so glad to have provided you the space that you needed for work, for your out of town visitors and for quiet family time. You are correct to mention the internet connection in your unit and after having read your review I contacted our internet provide to trouble shoot and resolve this issue for future guests. Thank you so much for your outstanding review. We look forward to your next visit.
East Sandwich, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Condo Xalteva is a wonderful place to stay in the exciting city of GranadaThe pool is lovely and the unit is spacious and well-equipped..Breakfasts are delicious and healthy!It is interesting and fun to sit and chat with the other guests from around the globe.The staff is outstanding!Everyone is so accommodating...arranging trips to awesome places around Granada , making dinner reservations , and helping ...wherever needed!Melissa , Fatima , Jenn , Luis ...ALL the staff are outstanding.They did it all , including getting us tickets to a championship baseball game in Granada!Granada is an enchanting city. You can walk to everything in town from the Condo.People are very friendly and we always felt safe , even when walking at night!Anyone looking for relaxing holiday that they will remember for a lifetime should book at Condos Xalteva.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
jaysnyder, Manager at Hotel Xalteva, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Valued Guests,
Thank you so much for your review, I feel so proud of all of our staff knowing that they work around the clock to help our guests. That was a very exciting game played by the Granada Tiborones, Sharks in English. Here at Hotel Xalteva we offer a complete concierge service to help make each guest have a memorable vacation. We can also reserve special trips and plan special events. Thank you so much for your fine review and we look forward to your next visit.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

From the moment we arrived (middle of the night) to the time we left (3am on Easter Sunday!) we loved every minute of our weeklong stay to volunteer with Education Plus, in the barrio, and enjoy the city. Giovanni, our taxi driver and Francisco the 24 hr guard who carried our luggage were so welcoming. Manager Melissa made sure we had a purified water jug in our room and offered to leave us a pizza for a late night snack! The next morning we were greeted poolside by fresh fruit and sweet bread -- huge smiles from Maria -- who was always helpful. Evankia delighted my children, exchanging English words for Spanish while she made our breakfast. Luiz made my kids laugh -- he was always kidding around. Fatima and Jenn were always helpful with directions, tour details, etc. Manager Melissa is a wealth of information. She recommended the best restaurants, sent us a daily email of city activities we shouldn't miss, and was our Granada ambassador, constantly making sure we were having a good time. She even hooked us up with an amazing woman at the library, so we could volunteer in an additional way. Our room! Oh yes! That was super too -- second floor, two bedrooms, two both. Full kitchen and dining room. Clean and comfortable. Wonderful views. Hotel is located just the right distance from downtown -- it's in a residential area -- so it's quiet, but walkable to the action in the city center. There's a 24 hr guard, so it's very safe. The pool is fun and warm. There's an Eskimo ice cream company very nearby that delighted our kids. We would definitely stay here again. The staff is incredible....we really felt like they were our extended family.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
No one can do anything alone and we are glad you had such a great experience at Hotel Xalteva. Each guest, each staff member and each outside provider be it the library, the education project where you volunteered your time, the local restaurants and the driver who attended to you during your stay are all integral parts of our success here at Hotel Xalteva. We are able to offer you so much because we strive to work with the best individuals and local businesses who are in line with our mission.

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us. Your motivation to seek out more is commendable and what you are teaching to future generations...your two daughters is touching. The energy you brought to Nicaragua is still here at Hotel Xalteva and you will be remembered for it.

As you also mentioned that we offered to order you dinner for your late arrival as well as placed a bottle of purified water in your room prior to your arrival. As part of providing continued high quality service, we now offer a grocery list for guests wishing to have their entire refrigerator filled as well as an increased menu of food options for late night check in's as well as special events.

Thank you so much and we look forward to your next visit.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

This is a great little hotel with a beautiful pool. They are away from all night noise but close enough to still walk to all the places you want to go to. Great staff as well very friendly and helpful, if ever in area again will be back

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
jaysnyder, Manager at Hotel Xalteva, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you valued guest!
We appreciate your positive feedback and look forward to seeing you again in the future. Please note that we now have a Facebook account so that you might be in contact with all of your friends at Hotel Xalteva. We are listed under condominiumsxalteva.

Been to Hotel Xalteva? Share your experiences!