My husband and I spent the entire month of February 2012 in Granada, staying at Condo Hotel Xalteva and had a great time. I would highly recommend this hotel as the best place to stay in Granada, especially for longer term rentals. We had never been to Nicaragua before but were looking for a warm winter getaway (we live in New England) where we could also study Spanish. We were glad we chose Granada and decided to stay at Hotel Xalteva....it was the perfect location for our visit. We didn't need a car and could walk everywhere around town.....the Parque Central was only 6-7 blocks away. If we got tired of walking, we could always take a cab for only 40 cents each anywhere in town. For sightseeing in outlying areas, we hired a driver at very reasonable rates.
Hotel Xalteva is a small 8-unit complex built recently and owned by a retired innkeeper from Vermont. He and his wife are charming and gracious hosts, and the whole staff is excellent....very friendly and helpful. Our 2 bedroom, 2 bath unit was modern, clean, comfortable and well-equipped and worked well when we had friends visit for a week. It had plenty of space, air conditioning, WiFi and all the amenities we wanted. In addition there was a lovely pool just outside our door and breakfast was served every morning by the pool. We liked being in a place where we could meet other travelers and also have concierge-type services....very helpful when you don't know the country or the language.
- Also Known As:
- Xalteva Condominiums Hotel Granada
- Xalteva Condominiums Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Xalteva is the first of it’s kind in Granada. It combines timeless colonial design with modern conveniences. Located in the safe residential neighborhood of Xalteva, the name “Xalteva” (pronounced “al-TAY-vah”), refers to the original indigenous peoples who were in Granada before the Spanish Conquest. Built in 2007, by visionary/founder/president D. Jay Snyder they are the first available condominiums in this beautiful colonial city of Granada whose mission is, “To create and provide comprehensive comfort, value and lifestyle options to all guests and visitors whether it be for a transit traveler or a lifelong resident” through, “high quality attention to details, customer service, employee training and development and support of the local culture and environment.” ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Hotel Xalteva reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.