“Our favourite accommodation in Thailand” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Little Eden Bungalows & Restaurant

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ko Chang
Little Eden Bungalows & Restaurant
You added Little Eden Bungalows & Restaurant to your Saves list
4/47 Lonely Beach, Ko Chang 23170, Thailand   |
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Our favourite accommodation in Thailand”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2011

I would just like to confirm everything the last few people have said. Great bungalows in the Lonely Beach part of Ko Chang. David is a tremendous host providing information, trips, tours etc and, not least, some of the best food on the island. The restaurant does Thai food as well as some fantastic western comfort food. After three months away David's exceptional spaghetti bolognese went down a treat. Also the 'Eden' prawns ought get a mention!

Unlike a lot of the bungalows we saw on the island the gardens between huts are well looked after and kept litter free which, unless paying for one of the more expensive resorts, seemed to be the exception. This, along with the comfortable communal areas and restaurant made it a great place to while away the hours.

The only downside is that there is noise from the parties in the area but Little Eden is as best placed as anywhere in Lonely Beach. If you want to stay in the area and have access to the bars and restaurants (we did) you'll be hard pushed to find somewhere quieter.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Polish first
Guildford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

I came to Little Eden on a reccomnation from a friend - I instantly loved it, normally I always stay in huts on the beach but this made a healthy alternative, the bunglows are situated slightly up a hill on the edge of the island jungle....making them a little more exclusive and with a maybe more mixed and interesting clientele.....I slet the best ever the bungalows are the beauitful traditional style which are now becoming few and far between now in thailand....ultra clean and confortable - any time you want sheets changed or cleaning... etc they are always happy to oblige...David runs the bungalows with Lai his thai wife...it makes for a really good combination...David is a nice guy and funny slightly eccentric so always makes things interesting. he goes out of his way to make everyone welcome and to organise anything you need...he is also very informative about all the activities in the island...I only intened to stay a few days and was there 2 weeks....David has also put boosters in for his WIFi so all through his huts you can use your laptop which as I was also doing some work was great - the novelty of skyping my friends from my bungalow never wore off!!! He also has good value wine!
TIp; Try the Eden Prawns - i was slightly addicted! Hope this review helps.....

Richmond, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2011

After reading the reviews on TripAdvisor we decided to head straight to Little Eden upon arriving in Lonely Beach. David, the owner, who had promptly replied to my email to let me know that there was last minute availability, greeted us and showed us to our bungalow. The bungalow wa simple but elegant, with a double bed that has the prettiest mosquito net I've ever seen hanging above it, a fan, easily accessible 3-prong electrical outllets, several windows (without screens), a large bathroom with a cold shower, sink, and western toilet, and a porch with a hammock and a bench. Relative to the rest of Lonely Beach, our room was very quiet, though dance music can be heard until sunrise no matter where you are located on this part of the island. The fan kept us surprisingly cool at night, though we continued to wear DEET bug spray to bed because mosquitoes would inevitably find their way inside our net due to our own carelessness getting in and out of bed. At first I was worried about the cold shower but with the heat it felt nicely refreshing and I soon got used to it. We brought our own toiletries as none were provided here (nor are they provided in other similar bungalow accommodations). The hotel is located up the hill from the action, a 2 minute walk from the main drag, which is perfectly removed and yet accessible. We found ourselves happily staying on site a lot of the time though because the restaurant at Little Eden is significantly better than anything else we tried, while still having very reasonable prices. The lounge area is fantastic with a great vibe and energy, comfortable furniture, and lots of electrical outlets to plug in laptops while using the free wifi. Our favorite aspect of the place is the owner, David, who gave top notch advice on everything from snorkeling to buses to identifying strange and beautiful jungle noises. He manages to book activities for guests at rates we couldn't seem to find anywhere else. Overall we felt welcomed, safe and at home at Little Eden, and would certainly stay here again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2011

We stayed in december after a few nightmare nights at other hotels in ko chang. David was amazingly accommodating and arranged for a hut closer to the wifi as this was essential during our stay. He arranged tours for us including the best scuba instructor ever at bb divers. He sat with us and explained everything there was to do on the island. He is a lovely host that in the end becomes a friend. The language barrier has been an issue for us and as David speaks both english and thai, it made everything extremely easy meaning all we needed to do was relax, which we
did a lot of!!!

The restaurant serves great western and thai foods with david's specialty being "slow foods" - the prawns in lemon and garlic were amazing and sampled many times. Also they were very accommodating in organizing a special meal of chicken parmigiana (a favorite and one we had been missing and craving!!!) , thank you!!!

All in all we had an amazing stay and can't wait to go back :)
Thanks again David
Emma & Eugene

• Stayed December 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2011

We stayed here in December 2010 and loved the friendiness and ambience as well as the delicious food prepared and cooked for us. Thanks, David.
PS The drinks were good too!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2010

I had a superior bungalow with a hot water shower that was just what I needed. The bungalow was small but with sufficient room for back pack etc. The bathroom was clean and spacious. I slept like the proverbial log each night for a week and was surprised how quiet it was after ten at night.

The beach is a walk down the hill and by the time I visited the sand had been washed away by storms but there was another quiet sandy beach only another ten minute walk away. For those who like a more lively time there is plenty going on in local bars.

The food and beer in the restaurant were excellent and good value. I will certainly stay there again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2009

I stay in this hill site place for 3-4 days. It was very pleasant visit. Alex (Engl) and her Thai husband Lek are easy going couple. I was there in March 2009. Price was 250 B/ Night
This was so called high season, but this year the business was slow, so plenty of accommodation available. I usually had a breakfast there, They also do laundry (40 B/ KG). Lonely beach is about 15 minute easy walk, on the highway or along the ocean.
Twice I' ve seen monkeys playing on the telephone wires along the road.
I preferred to stay away from the beach- it is more quiet- the walk was pleasant.
The huts have fan only, but I was not hot at night (may be in June).
I think you can use laptop there.
There is an excellent restaurant on the ocean VALAPURA (I am not positive of the name)
It is in little upscale resort (~1,200 b/night), but the pricing is not upscale at all. The dishes start at 45 B and the food is very, very good. I tried many dishes and was never disappointed

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Little Eden Bungalows & Restaurant? Share your experiences!