“Chilled out paradise!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Little Eden Bungalows & Restaurant

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ko Chang
Little Eden Bungalows & Restaurant
You added Little Eden Bungalows & Restaurant to your Saves list
4/47 Lonely Beach, Ko Chang 23170, Thailand   |
Alcester, United Kingdom
“Chilled out paradise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

Had a great 5 night stay here in march. The owner David is a character, who looked after me well. My hut was just perfect, hammock outside, comfy bed and a warm shower, backing onto the jungle behind. Excellent food and service and a good mix of guests. Highly recommended and will return one day.... :)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Polish first
Hua Hin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

On our most recent visit to Koh Chang, my wife discovered this cosy little place up on the hill near Lonely Beach. On our typical vacations, we do a few days in a rustic place and then the last few in an air conditioned 3-5 star hotel. I rather enjoy this format, because during many of my travels, particularly Thailand in the mid 1990's, I stayed in very personal places like Little Eden, and prefer spending at least part of my holiday away from the bigger resorts.

Will you get a huge bungalow with aircon? No. Turn down service in your bungalow? No. You're not paying for that. You're paying for a retreat surrounded by jungle. The German owner is very gregarious, and unless you're a hermit, you can't help but meet him. This was a hark back to the 1990's for me, when I embarked on some long travels and stayed in unique places along the lines of Eden.

We ate in the restaurant a couple of times. The Thai food was very good. My wife ordered a Spanish dish I'd never heard of and loved it. The cuisine is not an afterthought like it is in many similarly priced budget locales.

My wife wound up leaving her phone adapter in the bungalow. David, the owner, very promptly mailed it back to us with track & trace at his expense and diligently followed up to see that we received it. This is an example of superb service. When the situation arises, does the property step up? Eden did.

If you can deal without creature comforts like cable TV, air con, and a refrigerator in your room and instead get back to 'nature', Eden is your place. The showers were hot, which is more than I can say for the 4 star place we stayed at on Koh Chang after we left Eden; and this four star place for one night cost more than our two bungalows at Eden over three days. In its class, Eden more than delivers.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Great place to stay for low budget travellers. I think you can't ask for more.. nice cosy and clean place surrounded by green. You need to walk a bit to the beach but you need to rent a motorbike anyway being on koh chang.. I definitely recommend it!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

Possibly one of the best in thailand and i have been to alot of hotels and chalets. David your a legend and thank you for the warm and pleasant stay at the little eden and for the great ideas of things to see and do in the area and there are plenty. The food is just wow, it being thai or western food davids wife can cook excellent dishes. Very clean rooms, and the chillout area i could sit there for hours and relax, chat or surf the net. Very peaceful there no loud music or parties to spoil your day or night, the nightlife is all a 5 minute walk down the street if you need it. Will be back for sure. Cheers folks happy days.

Room Tip: Its all good just wow.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Malmo, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

"Little Eden" is a lovely place, surrounded by jungle and vegetation, and with very nice and clean bungalows. The restaurant is great and the owner is very friendly and really makes an effort to make your stay as good and comfortable as possible.
I have been traveling in SE Asian (mostly Thailand) for many years, and when I'm asked to pick my favourite hotel/guesthouse I answer "Little Eden", without any doubt! So yes, I would recommend this place to everyone!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Odder, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

This is a perfect place to stay - away from the main road have great but simple bungalows just to sleep and great possibility to stay at the restaurant to eat, read, drink and just hang out. It is cozy and relaxed with good food at fair prices. Breakfast is not included but the fair price for the bungalow - all you need for a place to sleep and relax. The owner , David, is nice and helpful. We stayed twice 2x 3 days. Easy walk to a nice beach to stay in daytime and watch the sunset. Scooter rent here is possible and a great way to experience the island.

Room Tip: You can choose bungalow with fan or aircon
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

The location is great. Nice and quiet, but still close enough to the beach (10 min) and restaurants (5-10 min).

The bungalows are okay. The showerhead is not so good, the bed is ok. I was really disappointed that there were holes in the mosquito net, since there are a lot of mosquitoes. Luckily we did bring our own (since we are backpacking for 6 months and go to countries were they usually don't have them, but they do have malaria).

Breakfast was always really nice (not included), I really liked the french toast.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Little Eden Bungalows & Restaurant? Share your experiences!