“Perfect battery recharge!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 71 Hotels in Ko Chang
american in mali
“Perfect battery recharge!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

This place was amazing. The staff was so kind and paid such attention to every little detail. If you're looking for something relaxing, this is absolutely it. The location, quite removed from all the other touristy spots on the island, made it feel like even more of a getaway. And if you want to go into town or to the beach, they have complimentary shuttles a couple of times a week. I will definitely be going back there.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
spateam, General Manager at The Spa Resort Koh Chang, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear Robin

Warm greetings from The SPA Koh Chang Resort :)

On behalf of all staffs at The SPA, I would like to thank you for letting us be a part of your holiday destination and health retreat. We hope you had a good time during your stay with us here.
Thank you very much for writing us feedback and comments and sharing your holiday experience with everyone here.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

The SPA Koh Chang Resort

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I recently stayed at the Spa Koh Chang whilst taking part in the Juice It Retreat. After a complimentary pick up included in my course, the programme was fully explained to me and they were helpful with all of my questions.

The juices that I mostly lived off were tasty and the fruit plate for my daily lunch was very satisfying. Included was daily meditation and yoga, carried out by a wonderful female French instructor and the inclusive daily Thai massages were a real treat. The ladies were very good at seeking out problem areas where they paid particular attention to. One of the ladies kindly stayed an extra 15 minutes later for me as I desperately wanted an afternoon massage - really was very appreciated. I found a few of the restaurant staff to be more friendly than others but overall the staff were very welcoming and friendly.

As it's the start of the quiet season I had the place largely to myself but as my programme went on we had more customers on the fasting programme (I think it was because I arrived on a Sunday).

The oriental room was great for the price it had all the extras I could want and need and was nestles away in some beautiful gardens. A few guests were staying even whilst they weren't on a food programme and I don't blame them as the setting on the quieter side of Koh Chang was perfect for some much needed rest and relaxation. I came away after 6 days feeling considerable more energised and lighter!! Which was exactly what I'd come to seek! Thank you and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it and I think I will be back again in the next few years!

• Stayed May 2014
spateam, General Manager at The Spa Resort Koh Chang, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear Ms.Leanne

Warm greetings from The SPA Koh Chang Resort.

On behalf of all staffs, I would like to thank you for your visit, joining us the Juice It program and sharing your experience with everyone here. We were glad to offer you our best service possible and you were happy during your stay with us. We hope that one day you will return to us when you think of a relaxing peaceful holiday.

I will personally let our masseuse know about your kind compliment toward them as well as our Radiance restaurant staffs. We will try our best to train our personnel to be able to offer a smooth and friendly service to all of our valuable guests.

Thank you again for your visit and we hope to welcome you back again.

Opava, Czech Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

I've been there 10 days and I enjoyed it so much. I felt calm, I felt free, I felt very comfortable. People are so friendy, kind and nice ... their detox program changed my life and I'm planning to come back there soon.

• Stayed April 2014
spateam, Guest Relations Manager at The Spa Resort Koh Chang, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Thank you very much for choosing our resort as a holiday retreat destination. We enjoyed having you in our place, seeing you do a great job on detox program. We hope you have a nice season in your career and wish to see you again at The Spa Koh Chang Resort.

All the best,

Beer
Chiang Mai, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

I spend a weekend here, and I really enjoyed the place, friendly staff, good surroundings. The Natural pool was not really a place to take a swim, and the hotel is very far from everything, please keep this in mind if you plan to stay at beach in Ko Chang, then u have to take a motorbike 30 kms everytime.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Mr. Rasmus

Warm greetings from The SPA Koh Chang Resort.

We would like to thank you for spending your time giving us a feedback and sharing your experience and nice tips for everyone here. We hope to welcome you back again in the future for your next Koh Chang trip.

Ko Phangan, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

I originally booked 7 nights at the spa but loved it enough to stay 11. Great vegetarian menu and drinks menu if you decide to fast but also a large selection of meat dishes too. Some of the best food I've had in Thailand and good for you!
The massages were great too and the staff were always there to help out with any questions you have. Poon, Beer and Mou all speak excellent English and are good fun.
I would recommend to anyone. I'll be back here for sure.

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
spateam, Guest Relations Manager at The Spa Resort Koh Chang, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear Joshua,

Thank you very much for choosing The Spa Koh Chang as part of your travel plans in Thailand. We are very happy as well as the rest of the staff that you enjoyed staying with us, till you had to extend your stay. :)

We had a good time escorting you throughout the fasting session and the entire period.

Hope you will have a good time for your next destination, trekking in Chiang Mai and Koh Pa Ngan.

The Spa Koh Chang staff would love to see you again.

Best wishes,

Beer

Guest Relation
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

Shampoo and conditioner that smell like Jasmin Rice flavoured are very good smelling and relaxing. This place is the best yummy vegetarian food & beverage such as Rainbow terrine, Choco Banana with Almonds.

• Stayed February 2014
spateam, General Manager at The Spa Resort Koh Chang, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear Khun Yoko

Greetings from The Spa Koh Chang Resort.

Thank you for taking your time to give us a valuable comment. We are glad to have you here with us and hope you enjoyed during your stay with us. Looking forward to seeing you again. With your family this time perhaps?

Thiti Orn-in
(Poon)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the spa Koh Chang in late December over Christmas and New Year. I had originally planned to travel with a friend but they had to cancel last minute which wasn't a problem for the resort at all. They took it in their stride despite the fact that I'd confirmed 2 of us on the 8d9n package with accommodation in a lower hill cottage.

The spa arranged for a taxi to collect me from the airport and drop me to reception. I met the friendly staff there who talked me through the program and facilities very clearly. The staff I met during my stay were all wonderful. Professional but approachable and caring in a way that befits a resort and detox centre where different guests have different needs.

The accommodation was perfectly suitable. I didn't spend a lot of time in my room because it's Thailand!! Why are you in your room? The cottage was spacious as was the bathroom. Sheets and towels were changed regularly and anything else you need is a call away.

I managed to eat twice in the restaurant and the food was delicious. Despite that completing the detox wasn't too difficult with lots of fresh juice options and coconuts available from the restaurant. You can take those to your room or the pool if you prefer.

The grounds of the hotel are beautiful. Peaceful and quiet but also teaming with the usual wildlife sounds. It's quite nice (and safe) to leave your balcony doors open at night. The grounds are small enough to run into familiar faces but large enough to find a peaceful corner to relax in if you'd prefer.

There are various activities organised which you are welcome to go on. I went to the beach and did my daily yoga. If you prefer more advanced or one on none classes those are available if you book privately.

My entire trip had a very inclusive vibe even though I was travelling solo. The guests I met were all very friendly and there was a great sense of comraderie between all regardless of the length of their visit or detox (some guests do not follow a detox program).

A detox for me is total detachment from city life and the chance to recharge and refuel both physically and mentally. The Spa Koh Chang provided a great space for me to do that and I've even managed to retain some if that zen in London in February.

• Stayed December 2013
Dear Ms.Stacy

Greetings from The Spa Koh Chang Resort.

We appreciate your kind comment for us. We are glad that you had a good vacation with us. We will try our best to improve our property and hope to serve for your next vacation.

Again thank you very much for the comment

Thiti Orn-in (Poon)

Been to The Spa Resort Koh Chang? Share your experiences!