“Beautiful resort on secluded beach.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Koh Chang Paradise Resort & Spa

You added Koh Chang Paradise Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Koh Chang Paradise Resort & Spa
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   39/4 Moo 4 | Klongprao Beach, Ko Chang 23170, Thailand   |
Ranked #12 of 71 Hotels in Ko Chang
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Beautiful resort on secluded beach.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2011

This place's name is apt-it really is paradise. It's a beautifully designed and maintained resort, which literally meets/tips out on to the gorgeous beach. Koh Chang's a beautiful island, with perfect hot, dry, sunny weather in January, with low humidity, a breeze and temps low to mid 30s. This resort shares its beach with two others, so it feels private. White Sands, up the coast, is a lively place with a nice beach which we went to at night a few times, but I 'm glad we opted to stay at the Paradise Resort, which is barely in Klong Prao, because it's quieter and the beach is even nicer. A fantastic place to chill and unwind in really nice surroundings. You won't want to leave!

• Stayed January 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2010

Stayed for 3 nights in this hotel. Great value for money. Particularly food and drinks (even at room mini bar) are very fairly price. Food quality is very good (in particular Thai dishes), and service is all the time very friendly and professional. The rooms adequate, but very small so it is difficult to move around and place large pieces luggage. Rooms are clean, but curtains and walls are a little bit run down and have stains. A couple of things where not working in the room (DVD was not connected, a couple of light bulbs), but were fixed quickly by the staff. The beach and pool have a very limited number of sun beds, and most of the beach is covered by shade so it is hard to find a spot for sunbathing. If you are looking for a very good value for money, and going to do lots of activities during the day, this place is highly recommendable as long as you find a good discount rate.

Hotel Feature Tip : I wouldn't recommend paying for the front beach rooms as view is very limited, get a larger room on the garden view. Thai food is very good at the hotel restaurant

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

When writing about my time in Paradise Resort, I can't help but to mention that the staff was friendly. I was supposed to tip them after my stay, but unfortunately I was in such a hurry and lacking cash that I couldn't. They were helpful and friendly at all times and carried our luggage to the bungalow and showed us the room. Note that after this I stayed in Millennium Hilton in BKK (ard. 5000THB) which did not offer the service in question.

The biggest pro in my opinion however was the breakfast. It's been a while since I've had such a good breakfast in a hotel. I can't complain about anything. Both the western and the Asian influenced foods were good, the coffee was great (which is rare in Asia to my experience) the omelettes were delicious and it was comfortable to eat yourself full in the morning as usually you had a day's worth of something to do while on the island.

The bungalow was nothing too fancy, but just what you need. The resort itself was set on a beach, which is always a bonus and the pool next to the beach was good as well.

For the only cons, there weren't too many places to eat nearby. You always had to take a taxi in order to go and have dinner as I usually don't want to eat in the same place twice while traveling.

Note that the hotel has a large population of German, Ukranian and Russian tourists and it seems like the resort was more or less built for your average 45-70 year old white couples who come and spend their retirement funds in Thailand. Not for backpackers, but if you need some time in a lazy and cozy environment, its for you.

Pros:

- Good service and friendly staff
- Fairly nice bungalows with ok furnishing
- Excellent breakfast buffet with lots to choose from

Cons:

- Poor variety of eateries within a walking distance
- Touristey

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Beijing
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

Have visited Koh Chang 3 times and stayed twice at the Paradise Resort since they have opened the Beachfront Pool Villas.
The location is out of this world, but you have to like a quiet place as there is not much else to do than relax and vegie-out. The new pool villas offer great comfort and are tastefully fitted out, have a private L-shaped saltwater pool and a hot water jacuzzi.
Right in front of the Resort, the beautiful white sandy beach streches over a kilometer with a few beach bars offering cold drinks and tasty Thai food.
The service was very friendly as most places in Thailand are. There was nothing which I've missed, apart from the breakfast buffet which seemed to be below standard for a resort of this quality. I certainly will return to Koh Chang Paradise Resort many more times

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Auckland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2010

This hotel was well maintained and had great staff. Although they advertise themselves as being in Klong Prao they are in Chai Chet which can mean frequent taxi rides to dinner.
Although the rooms are a bit tired, we had a great position between the beach and the pool. The beach was very nice and quiet.
The internet was expensive
Would suggest drinking one of their yummy coconut shakes!
Lay Lay Tong down the beach is a friendly family restaurant which serves yummy food. GO THERE!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Pewsey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2010

We had 2 bungalows, 1 delux on the beach and 1 in the garden (for our 2 sons). Gardens are lovely and well kept. Beach is so clean and our bungalow was just a few steps from it. Hotel staff are wonderful, so friendly, helpful and smile all the time. Breakfast was good but this is not a place to eat in the evening as the restaurant has no atmosphere. Spa is really good ('though pricey for Thailand) but they sorted out my back for me which no one in England has been able to do. Location is quiet for younger people, our sons went off to Lonely beach for a few days to get more exiting company. At times we felt we had the whole beach to ourselves, but just a warning, there were a couple of days when there were jelly fish in the sea. Put that down to it being the rainy season and the water being rougher than usual.

• Stayed July 2010
Antioch, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2010

What a gorgeous resort. I stayed here a few weeks ago with my 19 year old daughter and was very pleased. A lot of attention to detail as you walk through the entrance and into the open air lobby. They greet you with ice cold washcloths and equally cold glasses of juice. Just what we needed as it was about a million degrees outside. :) I noticed that everyone was very friendly and professional. We stayed in a superior beachfront bungalow (A3) and was anxious to see what my view was going to be. Wow! It was amazing. Just what I hoped for. The room itself was very clean and had everything we needed. The shower was amazing! I could see where someone looking for state of the art decor and furniture might complain, but I loved it. It was a very well maintained room, and like the entire resort, it had such a wonderful tropical feel to it. My one complaint would be that the air conditioning never really gets very cold. When you first walk into the room it feels cold as you've just been outside, but after a moment or two it does feel a bit warm/stuffy. We turned it down as far as we could but it didn't help. Also, when leaving the room you have to remove your key from the wall (typical in Thailand) thus shutting off the a/c. Not very cost effective in my opinion as it costs a lot more money to cool a room that's been baking all day in the heat, than one that has maintained a certain level throughout the day. However I digress and honestly can say in the scope of things it wouldn't deter me from staying there again. The inclusive breakfast buffet was very large and satisfying. Lots of choices, from your typical western breakfast foods to salads and dinner type entrees. We had room service one night (Shrimp cakes and Seafood pan fried noodles) and it was delicious! We had massages in the spa which were excellent! My daughter lives in Thailand and gasped at the prices, but for me it was only about 40 usd for two reflexology massages (one leg/foot, the other hand/arm) and to me it was fine. The area outside the resort isn't as busy as White Sands (which we liked) but definitely go to Strawberry Moons as their food is amazing and priced well. The other place we tried was the Yes Bar 2 and it was okay. I was shocked at how overpriced it was if I'm honest, more so than other places on the island, and their service wasn't much better. They also tried to charge me a different price than what was on the menu (almost double the price) so if you go there check your bill before paying. Overall we loved this resort. The beach was beautiful and the service great. I've only been home a few weeks and already miss it. I'm sure I"m missing something so feel free to message me with any questions. Safe travels!

PS - My daughter informs me that their wifi/internet prices are crazy expensive so beware. :-)

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Been to Koh Chang Paradise Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!