“Aana Resort” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 71 Hotels in Ko Chang
Bangkok, Thailand
“Aana Resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Absolutely great location and very peaceful as most reviews will reveal. Yes it could do with some paint here and there but its a great experience for 2-3 nights.Breakfast good, kayaking fun and the dinner boats earned me browny points with the girlfriend

Room Tip: go for the villa if your budget allows
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Berlin, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

When we saw the photos of this hotel on the internet, we were so impressed and booked it immediately. When we came there, we have realised those photos were taken a long time ago, because now it looks like it needs to be renovated.
The front-desk staff weren't nice at all, they have lost our reservation, so we had to wait for few hours to get to our room, but it wasn't a problem for us.Later on they upgraded us, so we got bigger room with amazing view.
If you want to enjoy the beach, you can get there by kayaking which is so adventurous, at least it was for us.
For the stay in this hotel better rent the scooter, you will need it, because this place is far away from everything.One suggestion - don't rent the scooter in the hotel, it's twice as expensive as normal rental places.
We didn't like the breakfast, coffee was tasteless, food was ok, but nothing special and generally buffet table didn't look clean at all.
Too bad I'm giving it three stars, because this place with a bit of investment and effort, could be one of the best on the island.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Have been here over 10 times in the past years.
When we first started coming it was perfect, but over the past few years, they have stopped renovating and the quality has dropped a lot.
The last time we stayed there was December 2013 (will definitely be the last time we stay at Aana, unless the give the place a major makeover), where we stayed at one of the regular rooms. We had to change twice during the stay, because the aircon broke down!
Also stayed in November 2013, where we stayed in one of the villas near the pool.
Our jacuzzi on the balcony didn't really work, we had a bit of dark mold on the ceiling, and several of the steps on the staircase leading to the room was broken, making it a bit dangerous to walk to the room after dark.

Also the food is rather disappointing, used to be pretty good.

I really hope they will improve as I used to like it a lot, but it seems, unfortunately, that the mentality at Aana is that instead of keeping a high quality level, they just reduce the price...

The only reason they get two stars is because they do have friendly staff.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Private and peace. good service from officer with smile. very good breakfast. but you need a car or motorcycle to go to another beach. River view is very good, I stay in villa room, it's so pretty good and worthyใ

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

I and my friends had stayed at 18th-20th May 2014. When we arrived to the hotel, they were not provide any welcome drink and ignore to us. I wondered why? it may be we are teenagers. And when I saw the room is very small and the lights in room is broken at the door in. There are no checked some orderliness in room before'll buy the room to us. OLD TV, Furnitures is very old also. Moreover when we were swimming at that time the rain is runing, we put our stuffs on the pool chairs then one man staff who are reponsesible around pool he raised an umbrella by did not asked customers. Our stuffs under the umbrella have suddenly wet all by we are not got any say sorry feom him. But we forgave him. Next restusarant staffs have not service mind but a lady boy staff in the restuarant is very nice. All every thing is bad but look good just the hotel located. I promised will have not back to this hotel anymore.

Stayed May 2014
maidenhead
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

I have stay here at the aana resort for 2 days and thought I would put up a review. We are here for 5 days but decided to split the stay into 2 days with a jacuzzi villa and 3 in a deluxe room it must show the level of annoyance that after 2 days in the premium room I thought to write a review. Everyone know people are more inclined to want to put a negative review or at least us British are. To put into context I have stayed in thailand many times and have a thai wife so have experience of many hotels in different resorts and there isn't a language barrier with staff as my wife speaks thai but i am sorry but this review may be mainly negative, I will try and point out the positives to give it a as much balance to the review so as to show why it scraped two stars.

The place is in a Fantastic location and the natural grounds do look very good and you can take some nice photos.

There is Free kayak to a quite beach which looks amazing and you can also take the kayak out in the evening to see fireflies.

There are nice restaurants within walking distance and a very friendly bar called saparot

Price is acceptable if you get discount but is only worth half what the door price shows.

Jacuzzi Villa is ok but need maintenance. The one we had I wouldn't recommend for families. Not sure how safe the balcony is with old wood and to many nails protruding. The aircon was ineffective due to single glassed windows and large gaps. Jacuzzi is a little grubby but nice to cool down in as the aircon doesn't help much.

Staff have been a let down so far for me as I mentioned earlier I would just put it down to me not being understood as I am a farang but seems even my thai wife couldn't always be understood. Normally I would have thought changing rooms would be straight forward especially from a limited number villa to a deluxe room where there are plenty in a block but seemed we had to wait till the one we had been allocated became available.

Now we are in the deluxe room the problems continue. The toilet shower was leaking which the staff fixed but now the shower does the same. One plus point for the deluxe room is that at least the aircon works.

Restaurant food is of a good quality I did enjoy a masaman pizza but the staff we not very attentive even though on both occasions we were the only customers and the prices are steep . Breakfast is a buffet and has a large selection.

All in all I would say stay here only if you get a cheap deal and look for the positives where you can because koh Chang is a beautiful island and the Aana is a good location with nice views. Just hope they make better use of the potential and give it a full renovation and I will be back.

Stayed March 2014
Nonthaburi, Thailand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

The location is hideaway. There is no lift to get to the high building. It is a long walk from the room to the restaurant.
It's nice for a couple coz it is really quiet.
"Dinner on the boat" programme is recommeded as the food is really tasty.
The best time to visit there is in May since the weather is really nice (according to the hotel staff information).

Stayed September 2556, traveled as a couple

Been to Aana Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!