“Perfect place for vacation” 5 of 5 stars

Ramayana Koh Chang Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   19/9 Moo 4, Khlong Prao, Ko Chang 23170, Thailand   |
Ranked #16 of 71 Hotels in Ko Chang
Seoul, South Korea
“Perfect place for vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We stayed here for 3 nights and we really loved it. The hotel and the room were really clean and perfectly managed and the small forest inside the hotel was a charm. The pool was not too big but very clean and cosy surrounded by the trees.
The staffs were EXTRA kind and friendly and were willing to help you anytime.

Since the hotel provide shuttle to nearby beaches and you can easily get access to other beaches by renting bikes, the location of the hotel isn't really a big problem but do remember this hotel isn't right next to any beach. If you're a beach lover, rent a bike and go to white sand beach, especially northern part of it.

I had no problem sleeping, but my partner who is sensitive to noise had a small problem because of the noise from air-conditioning.

You can see the Wi-Fi signal, but it was not accessible any part of the hotel but near the reception.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Москва, Россия
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here for 3 nights. Very good location, frogs are signing outside the window in early morning and in the evening :). Clean rooms, friendly staff. We took an extra bed in room, but it wasn't including breakfast :(

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Warsaw, Poland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Really enjoyed the time there, rooms were good, staff was splendid, pool and gardens were great. Location not perfect - far from everything - though frequent busses helped. Got noisy for last days because of some outside disco.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

As a regular visitor with my wife and a 3 years old to Thailand, this hotel is the best I have ever stayed in Ko Chang. It is a good value for money 100%. The hotel is neat and clean. The staff is very attentive and helpful in ever way. The fabulous open door swimming pool and Jacuzzi with a bar has some excellent cocktails is a must. A great place for Family holidays..

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Vikaran S, General Manager at Ramayana Koh Chang Resort, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear VikasOryx,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Ramayana Koh Chang Resort & Spa and for sharing your very generous feedback on TripAdvisor.

The team is very happy to receive your feedback and to learn that you had an enjoyable experience at our resort.

Your mention of the fabulous swimming pool and excellent cocktails will be very motivating for the team.

We hope to always be your preferred resort on Koh Chang Island for your future visits.

Have a happy remaining 2014.

Thank you once again.

Best Regards,

Ramayana Koh Chang Resort & Spa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed hear for three nights with my partner hotel staff so friendly, the food and bar was amazing and excellent value for money, very good prices for both mini bar on site shop and restaurant , gorgeous pool beautiful rooms would highly recommend

• Stayed December 2014
Vikaran S, General Manager at Ramayana Koh Chang Resort, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Emma-george,

Thank you for your fantastic review and generous comments about our service and facilities.

We are so delighted to learn that you loved your visit.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to Ramayana Koh Chang Resort & Spa in the near future.

Best wishes for the remainder of 2014 and beyond.

Ramayana Koh Chang Resort & Spa
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2014

I go koh Chang many time I change many place when I go here but this time I go Ramayana can say look like I be in heaven when I get up I see many tree around me ranning I see many flower and good smell swimming pool very clean and fitness very clan when I fitness I see lake and tree can say I like very much I forget some in swim and fitness never loose staff here get for me I will go again on February breakfast here very nice have Chinese Thai American all . Can I see I feel falling in love Ramayana already

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Vikaran S, General Manager at Ramayana Koh Chang Resort, responded to this review, November 11, 2014
Dear PAI_13,

Thank you for staying at Ramayana Koh Chang Resort & Spa, and for sharing your feedback through TripAdvisor.

We are delighted you had a memorable experience and found the resort to be peaceful and calm.

Your appreciation of the resort landscape is very encouraging, describing it like being in heaven.

The team and I, look forward to welcoming you back on your future stays at Ramayana Koh Chang Resort & Spa.

Kuryk, Kazakhstan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2014

I will be returning to Ramayana in November for the fourth time and thought I would just check out the latest reviews, just to see what to expect this time around and if there has been any major changes to the hotel since my last visit (just over a year ago). Obviously everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I can’t believe some of the complaints that I have read! So I would like to set the record straight:-

Location – There seems to be a number of complaints that there isn’t a beach. Yes, Koh Chang is an island but the hotel doesn’t advertise that it is on the beach. Instead, it is offers the tranquility of a “jungle” location and they go above and beyond, by offering a FREE bus service to their sister hotel, the Dewa which is on the beach. Do people really book hotels without researching it’s location? Personally, I use google maps to check the location of a hotel before I book it. It is somewhat “away from the action”, but that’s not a bad thing in my opinion. Many of the hotels on Koh Chang are pretty isolated. If you want to stay on Koh Chang in the heart of the action, stay in white sands or lonely beach (but don’t expect Chaweng/Patong/Pattaya). As the hotel manager has suggested, if you want to get around the island, the best way is to rent a bike (the hotel ones are comparatively expensive btw…) or you can take a songthaew (which compared to other areas of Thailand is expensive).

The beach (at Dewa) – I have only been once. It’s not the best beach on Koh Chang and the Dewa (in my opinion) is a nasty grey concrete structure, but you do get free transport to it. Klong Prao has a nice beach and is about 15-20 minutes walk (along the main road) north of the hotel.

Reception – I have always found the people in reception to be functional. They do not bend over backwards or offer pearls of wisdom. Yes, this is the land of smiles and they are pleasant enough without being over-bearing. There is free wifi in reception.

Accommodation – I usually stay in the Hanuman Deluxe rooms, although I’m hoping to be upgraded this time Mr Shivdasani  In general, the rooms are set in the gardens surrounding the pool area (you can’t actually see the pool from most of the rooms). They are Thai style teak buildings (built of concrete) in blocks of 5 or 6 if memory serves me correctly. Rooms are spotlessly cleaned by a team of very hard working ladies who wait for you to leave your room, not hassling you to get up and out (I usually sleep in until at least 12). I haven’t found the beds to be uncomfortable in any way. The bathrooms aren’t of the highest standard but for the time that you spend in them, they do what they are supposed to do. TVs are old tube type and have a limited number of channels catering for all nationalities. There is a balcony with a couple of chairs and a table. The chairs are functional rather than comfortable, but fine for enjoying a few drinks on evening whilst listening to the jungle wildlife that surrounds you. There is also an armchairs and footstool inside the room. Air conditioning has always been fine in the rooms that I have stayed in.

Restaurant – On the odd occasion that I have made it to breakfast, I have found it to be adequate. Nothing special but good enough to start the day. They are trying to cater for a number of nationalities (as are most hotels) and our breakfast habits do vary… I have eaten at the restaurant in the evening on a number of occasions and the food is pretty good. The service levels do vary. I have travelled all over Thailand and to me, this is nothing new. Should you fancy a change and don’t want to travel too far, go out to the main road, turn left and left again and follow the road that runs beside the hotel right to the very bottom. There are a couple of restaurants and bars down there. There is a bar run by an English guy. The restaurants are very good (Thai food). They don’t speak much English but you should get more or less what you ordered  They also have a free boat which will take you into the river where you can see the fireflies.

Spa – I haven’t used the spa so cannot comment.

Gardens – Not really my thing, but most people agree that the gardens are very well kept. It is one of the beauties about staying here. Throughout the grounds there are different statues, a brook running through the resort (look carefully and you might see a fish or two) and lots of flower and forna.

Pool – The pool is adequate for a resort of this size. Don’t expect to be doing “laps” it’s just for relaxing and cooling down. There are usually enough sunbeds for the amount of people who actually use the pool. It is one of the things that I like most about the resort. It doesn’t get crowded, the most people you will see throughout the day by the pool is 10-15. The perfect place to unwind and read a book! There is also a Jacuzzi in the pool area (secluded from the pool). Probably not what you need on a scorching hot day, but a nice touch if you like that kind of thing. Poolside massage is also on offer.

Pool bar – The guy that runs the bar is very friendly. There is a happy hour on cocktails at 3pm. The hotels goes to great effort to put on poolside evening dining which is quite romantic, but I hardly ever see anyone using the facility. It’s a shame really.

In summary, Ramayana is a great place to relax and unwind. Hotel rating would probably be 3+ stars in Europe. This is reflected in the price you pay. If you want ultimate luxury, it is available on Koh Chang but at a maasive premium. Ramayana offers real value for money. If you want to get out and about, get a bike or car, but you really don’t need to go far for a change of scenery. The bars/restaurants nearby are quite adequate. Venture into white beach on your first couple of days and see how the other half live. Visit the Dewa to see what “luxury” is. You’ll be glad of the sanctuary that this little gem of a resort has to offer.

Koh Chang is Thailand the way it used to be. If you want hussle and bustle, partying and all the other things that Thailand has become, go elsewhere! I’m not a tree hugger by any stretch of the imagination, and have been to all the main tourist areas in Thailand. In Koh Chang and particularly at Ramayana, I have found the peace and tranquility that I am looking for in a relaxing holiday.

If you have any questions about Koh Chang or this resort, please don’t hesitate to send me a PM.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Vikaran S, General Manager at Ramayana Koh Chang Resort, responded to this review, November 4, 2014
Dear Stu1969,

Thank you for your great detailed review about Ramayana Koh Chang Resort & Spa and for sharing it on tripadvisor.

I am indeed very grateful for your review and have shared your feedback with the entire team who are very motivated after reading your review.

On behalf of my team I thank you once again for your lovely review.

It will be my great pleasure to welcome you back to Ramayana Koh Chang Rerort & Spa later this month.

Vikaran Shivdasani

Been to Ramayana Koh Chang Resort? Share your experiences!