We have been to Thailand before and we know what to expect, especially with places where you think that you are getting a good deal. We didn't expect much from our stay here, we thought that it would be below standard but we booked late so we thought that as long as it was sufficient it would be okay. Even then we were still disappointed. There was so many things wrong with this place that I will only briefly go into the main points on why you should not stay here if you have other options:
1) Very, very, exceptionally bad service. The woman in the reception, not the manager, was beyond rude every time we had to talk to her. It was shocking and unnecessary. This was particularly bad when we were checking-in; we booked online a couple days before, a Queen size bed, and when we got there she said that we could only get two single beds because we had just booked that day. After trying to argue we gave up and just took it.
2) Fresh looking blood stains on the sheets, the blood was not ours.
3) When we got there the safe was locked. We had to ask 3 times to get it unlocked and finally after two days of pestering them the manager came and unlocked it. Luckily nothing went missing before then but you really need it for peace of mind.
4) We were running out of clean laundry so we used their overpriced service, which claimed same day return if brought in before 10 am. We explicitly asked if we would get it back that evening, otherwise we wouldn't have given them almost all of our clothing. We did not get our laundry back until almost a day later than it should have been back. This isn't a big deal if you aren't counting on it, but we were...
5) At this point we should have known better but we thought that it would be great to not have to worry about our trip back to Bangkok so we booked transportation through the hotel. This was a very poor life choice. It cost 1000 baht each, showed up about a hour late, and took over eight hours to get to Bangkok. The 1000 baht is overpriced, you can get way better. The driver blamed the first people he picked up on his being late but according to them that wasn't true. They told us were would be there before dinner but we got there at 9 pm and the other people in the minibus almost missed their flights.
Generally this place was really run down. The room wasn't ever nice or clean, the floors were very dirty and there was black mold in our shower. The beds were also rock hard, I like a hard bed but this was a bit much. The pool was also dirty and food in the restaurant was not good. The pool server never wanted to get change and once even asked for a 100% tip.
On our second day we talked to the manager about our dissatisfaction with the room, the safe, the service, and the laundry, and she just said "sorry". We gave them the opportunity to improve but to them sorry was sufficient to make up for all of this.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Dear Alexis B
Report response as inappropriate
Greeting from Ramayana Koh Chang! On behalf of the Ramayana Kho Chang resort & spa, It is pleasure to have you here. Thank you for your comment. so we have learned how to be better from your comment.Even there are some activities that operated by the outsource operator such as laundry, Transfer service we still can learned from your comment and share to our supplier to improve thier service. and we have taken note for anything that you may discomfort to improve our service to ensure that we would be able make you more comfort whenever you visit us.Thank you again for your precious comment and hoping to have a chance to service you again.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.