We stayed here for 6 nights in between Bangkok and Hanoi visits, so really enjoyed getting away from city life.
The resort was right on the beach, which was lovely. The room was good, bathroom great and free wifi very fast. Breakfast was average, but lots of choice.
Can recommend Tonsai restaurant in the village - we ate here 3 evenings and loved it. Also ate in the Pilot Bar right on the beach, which was good.
My partner did a one-day Thai cookery course at the Blue Lagoon, which is a 5 min walk from Tropicana - recommended.
We also got the baht bus along to Lonely Beach for the day, This is a more lively, backpackers' type place - worth a visit for a change of scene.
Overall, we had a great time despite it being the start of the rainy season and there being a few intense thunderstorms/downpours. Feels quite unspoilt/untouristy still. Beautiful island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled along the inviting sands of Klong Praow Beach, Koh Chang, The 4-star Centara Koh Chang Tropicana Resort appoints a unique tropical design inspired by the fine mixture of green tropical landscape, white powder sand beach and crystal clear sea of this ideal location. Centara Koh Chang Tropicana Resort has been welcoming visitors from all over the world with heartfelt services, complete guest services, perfect bedroom amenities, plenty of activities and fresh seafood dining. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Fastbooking, Agoda, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Centara Koh Chang Tropicana Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Koh Chang Tropicana Hotel Koh Chang
- Koh Chang Tropicana Resort And Spa