“Great food, nice price, friendly staff and owner” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Monkeys Bar & Restaurant

Monkeys Bar & Restaurant
9/44, White Sand Beach, Ko Chang, Trat | Grand View Plaza, Ko Chang 23170, Thailand
+66 39 551 402
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #40 of 187 Restaurants in Ko Chang
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: International, European, Thai, British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: You`ll get a warm welcome the minute you walk into Monkeys from the staff who speak English or from Rob, the Manager or Mick the Owner, both of whom are from the UK. We have an extensive menu with over 120 classic International & Thai meals cooked to a western standard.You can relax here in comfort as well as enjoying our other facilities. Such as free wifi, free snooker, live sport, including English Premiership football on 3 large TV screens, quizzes and games to keep children occupied.We cater for singles, couples, families and large groups. We are located in the middle of White Sands Beach Resort, on Koh Chang, on the main road. After KC Grande & Kacha Hotel, next to the Alina Hotel and before the Changburi & Grand View hotel.
Tromso, Norway
“Great food, nice price, friendly staff and owner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

Many visits to Koh Chang and all over Thailand. 4 times to White Sands.
Perfect stop for good food, atmosphere, tastey bar drinks, EPL/sports tv, free pool and watching life go by streetside. Staff all very friendly, english speaking and great service and advice on western or thai menu. Super clean kitchen and fresh food. No micro meals here. Never a bad meal or order forgotten. Be sure to give it a taste while sampling White Sands and say hello to wonderful owner, Mick, and his pleasant staff.
See you on the beach. Thanks for keeping my tummy happy. ENJOY

Visited December 2013
MickD239, Owner at Monkeys Bar & Restaurant, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
My 7 month old son woke me up at 04:00 this morning....so after getting him back off to sleep...i decided to check my mail....and that really woke me up!. Thank you Gregg, I won`t disagree with any of your comments :-)
If your tummys happy then so are we!
Readers should know we have become good friends during your numerous visits here and so might see this review as a little biased. However, dare I say you are too long in the tooth to be influenced and I have never asked you to write a review. So bless you for that. But also as your Mrs has now joined you and sampled monkeys and been satisfied I am even happier still! :-)
We will continue to serve you well as on occasions you and I watch life go by outside and put the world to rights.

Skurup, Sweden
“Nice place for premier league, bad mojitos...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Nice big sofas to sit in when you Watch premier League games, but the mojitos are the worst ever tasted. Stick to the beer, both on bottle and draft.

Visited December 2013
MickD239, Owner at Monkeys Bar & Restaurant, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
I`m glad you enjoyed watching the football on our sofas but obviously disappointed the mojitos weren`t to your taste, especially as that is our No.1 best selling cocktail. If you had informed me or one of my staff we would have done something about it immediately.
Westgate-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Good food and excellent service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

Mick the owner and Rob his manager are both from the UK. Nearly all the staff speak good English and give an excellent service. The food is good and reasonably priced. English & Thai food is readily available. Good mix for both adult and family dinning. Well done guys keep up the good work.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Your positive comments about our food, service and staff are much appreciated. I`m pleased you recognized that we cater for both adults and families. Most of my staff have their own children and there are few restaurants/bars here that kids are catered for and can relax in with things to keep them occupied. Thank you.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Great food, great staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

I came here on my first night in Ko Chang and was not disappointed. The monkey burger is indeed first class. I ended up chatting to the staff for a good few hours too, they're all really friendly and speak great english.
Also, they show EPL football when it's on, so I'll be back tomorrow.

Visited December 2013
MickD239, Owner at Monkeys Bar & Restaurant, responded to this review, December 21, 2013
Very glad to you enjoyed the Monkey Burger and thank you for your compliments. And good to see you in for the Newcastle game. away the lads!
Onsala, Sweden
“Good food nice staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

The food was really nice and the staff are really friendly. But it is a crowded place that would benefit from more staff in the evening. Service sometimes took loooong time.

MickD239, Owner at Monkeys Bar & Restaurant, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
I am very happy you thought the food was really nice and the staff very friendly

You`re right sometimes in the evening we get crowded because Monkeys is a popular restaurant and bar. Normally our service is pretty quick so I`m sorry you had to wait a little while. These 2 weeks are the busiest of the whole year and I`d like to think we do have sufficient staff. But I will monitor that.