“Different class” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ciao Koh Chang

Ciao Koh Chang
15/6 Moo 4, Ko Chang 23170, Thailand (Formerly Ciao Kai Bae Italian restaurant)
+66 39 551 113
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 187 Restaurants in Ko Chang
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Description: Ciao Koh Chang restaurant Classic Italian food-Thai fusion cuisine Pizzeria, Wine bar, Coffee &Cakes Located end of white sand beach road
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Different class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

Had some great food in Koh Chang but this place is special. Service was outstanding. Food really was fantastic and would compare with any highly rated Italian restaurant.

Visited July 2014

• Thai first
“Very good food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We were here for an early dinner. The girl with the menus was not very happy to see us for some reason. No smiles or eyecontact. But fortunatly the impression changed when we met the owner Gin. Se was a delight to talk to and she came with good recommandations to what to eat.

The food was fantastic. We had a kind of minipizzas for appertizers. Spicy salami. Very good!

For dinner we had pasta with meatballs and ravioli with truffels. Everything was cooked to perfection and just the right amount of spices. Lovely! Italian restourants are often afraid to use spices, but not this one. This actually tasted like Italia.

For dessert we had coconout cake and tiramisu. With a double espresso. It all tasted so fresh. The tiramisu was the best I had ever had!

To bad we found this place to late in our vacation. I wish we could eat here more often.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Manchester, England
“Absolutely amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

We ate here on our first night and arrived on the island quite late, which meant I didn’t have time to do my usual thorough research on Tripadvisor. That being said, when we drove past, I knew I’d seen it on Tripadvisor, but couldn’t remember how highly it was ranked, so we decided to call in. Now that I’ve been there, I cannot believe it’s not number one. The food and service were both first class, I had lasagne and my wife had spaghetti carbonara and both were absolutely amazing. We also had garlic bread which was perfect too.

The food isn't cheap, but is great value, considering the quality.

Overall, I cannot rate this place highly enough. Good Italian food is hard to come by in Thailand, but this place was truly amazing, make sure you give it a try.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
“Excellent Italian Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

We went there because of good reviews we had seen. Both, food and service were excellent. Not really pricey, considering what we had to eat and drink. Owner very personable and friendly staff.
We liked the antipasti platter, Bruscettas, Truffeled pasta, and also the pizzas which we could order half/half. There was also plenty Kids-friendly items on the menu.

Visited March 2014
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“best ravioli I've ever tasted”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

Great attentive service & awesome with a big fan pointed right at the table. I ordered ravioli al pesto - I took a bite and thought, "Oh my God! What is this? It's amazing!" Had to order some bread to dip the herbal and flavorful olive oil-based sauce! Even though it is pricey for Thailand, it tasted expensive and very well-made. I thought the meatball pizza was just okay but my boyfriend liked it - nice crust. The garlic bread we got was a bit dry but not horrible.

• Visited March 2014