“Beach style” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Koh Chang, Thailand
“Beach style”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

Want a snack or a meal if you are on the beach then this is a nice restaurant, typical Thai and western food.

Gothenburg, Sweden
“Best thai food ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

This is the best thai restaurant I ever have visited.
I was here with my family 2006 and returned in 2011, same excellent quality!

Visited November 2011
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Value for money restaurant, and accommodation. Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

We stayed at Nature Beach which is a bunch of bungalows, with a restaurant and bar included (which is available and welcoming to non-residents).

The restaurant is right on the middle of Lonely Beach and has a mixture of lounge-back thai cushions-on-the-floor-with-low-tables, plus 'ordinary' tables and chairs. The staff are efficient but not much extra, they would score 5* if they could introduce some friendliness to their work. The food is excellent, with plenty of thai options and also some standard tourist basics such as banana pancakes, french toast, and beans/muesli/cornflakes options for breakfast. Very good value for money, with chicken pad thai for example an absolute bargain at 60 baht.

The bungalows (I couldn't find this as "accommodation"/"hotel" so will review it here too):
We stayed for one week in a recently refurbished basic fan-only bungalow which had a bed, one long shelf along one wall, and an attached private bathroom with a hot 'power shower', western style toilet and handbasin. It all was clean and in good working order. Well-sealed against the elements and noise and solid walls so more secure than the older style 'woven bamboo' huts.
The restaurant and bar pumps out music til at least midnight most nights - on "full moon party" night it went through til dawn so we were glad for our ear plugs. The rest of the time it wasn't a concern for us and the speakers are directed out towards the sea so its not too bad.
The unfriendliness of the restaurant staff extends to the head woman on reception who seems to be in charge of things on the accommodation side. She warmed to us somewhat by Day 5 or so but I wouldn't say we were welcomed with open arms from the outset.
A word re pricing -- I originally booked our room at Nature via Asia Rooms just so we would have somewhere to head for when we first arrived on Koh Chang. They charged 900 baht for our room. However for subsequent nights we booked directly with Nature Beach and paid only 600 baht! So I would recommend not booking too much on the 'net and seeing if you can renegotiate the rate once there. Also many places we've spoken to here on Koh Chang will offer a small discount (10-15%) if you book 3 nights or more.

• Visited November 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Not what it used to be”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

I went to Nature Beach (formerly Nature Rocks) in 2008 and it was on of the best places I'd ever eaten. Unfortunately, when I went back in 2011 I found the food is now very average and the service is sluggish.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Lovely beach resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

We stayed in a beach hut, well one near the back an very satisfied with our stay.

The huts get very hot and the fan only makes things a little bit more bearable. However the cold shower can be utilized whenever things get too sweaty.

Good value at 300 baht for am old hut and 400 baht for a newer one.

The beach is clean and the water is warm and clear. The only gripe would be the hawkers patrolling the strip selling bracelets and interrupting your reading/dozing/tanning. Everyones got to make a living I suppose.

The on site restaurant is lovely and very peaceful. The food is reasonable priced and delicious. The service is a little on the relaxed side and I had to fetch the menus myself a few times but an optimist would say that this only adds to the laid back nature of the place. The waiting staff could maybe smile a little bit more, being the land known for that and everything, but then again they probably work 12 hours a day, 7 days a week!

Be warned that if you book through Tony's tours and travels which is advertised at the reception for a trio into Cambodia expect to be at their mercy and pay double for a
Visa, persuaded to transfer into cambodian riel at shocking rates over the border, stop at their friend's cafe while they 'clean the bus', have to find your own way if you chose not to stay in their recommended hotel whilst dumped at a random place in Siem reap. Intact avoid these scam artists at any cost.

As for nature beach, I am just trying to give an honest opinion but I would definitely stay there again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere