“Top Resort again and again” 5 of 5 stars
Review of TOP Resort

You added TOP Resort to your Saves list
TOP Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   24/45 Moo4 | White Sand Beach Road, Ko Chang, Thailand   |
Ranked #16 of 71 Hotels in Ko Chang
“Top Resort again and again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Like always the top resort is top :) again a wounderful stay with my wife we are both happy and we would like to stay forever ! Nice rooms nice pool , wifi,great staff great food very nice garden with a lot of butterflys and geckos .. Cool area for playing beachvolleyball or badminton ..privat balkony at the poolvillas.. Love it!!!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Thai first
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

I don't think I can add anything of value to the other reviews here.

I booked this hotel as a last minute get away to the island of Ko Chang and I picked this hotel based on the reviews on Tripadvisor. As usual the Tripadvisor community provided a good judge and I found the hotel to be a lovely place to stay for a few days.

The apartment I had was clean and spacious and the resort itself, although nothing to look at from the road out front, has a lovely swimming pool and nice grounds. It always felt like there were very few people staying here even though reception told me they were full (hence why I was upgraded for free from a hotel room to an apartment)

Very pleased with my stay here.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
corfu
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Stayed at the hotel in February for 1 week.
I was lucky because while I had booked for Stantard room,
there was no room, and they given to me Bungalow
with sea view. The rooms are clean, and surrounding
area very nice. The pool was small, just for kids.
Generally I had a nice stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

As a part of my 7 day Thailand trip, stayed at the Top Resort for 2 nights and I must say I am really glad that I did. Everything; the room price, staff (reception, room service, restaurant etc.), the room size, facilities & the service; was top notch. Although I must mention that for me the best part was the seaside restaurant on top of the resort. The restaurant manager was very friendly and so was his staff, but more importantly the food was delicious & they had a good range of drinks. I was supposed to explore other food stops on the island but I simply couldn't stop going to this restaurant.

Both thumbs up to Top Resort. I am definitely going back.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Cork, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Nice hotel lovely pool and gardens with lovely sea views looks very poor from the outside but inside it was very clean and peacefully especially as we were in the back the front rooms would not be so good as they face the street
On a downer the beds were like cement blocks impossible to sleep on maybe it's the thia way but I think I'll pass on this place for the sake of my back ' we got accommodation near by with perfect beds

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
England, Essex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

Top Resort

Stayed for 3 nights mid November, agree with previous reviews that the reception area isn't the most attractive.
Once your in though the garden and rest of the grounds are very nice.
Small but inviting pool area with bar.

Although the majority of guests are German we didn't find the language an issue.
There was a lovely German girl on reception during our time there who was very helpful & spoke good English.
However, if you don't know any German & like sitting at the bar for hours having a chat with other guests then maybe this place isn't for you.

Our deluxe double room was a very good size with plenty of space for clothes and decent tv/wifi/aircon.
Located at the end of White Sands so there is a walk to the far North end of the beach but bars/shops begin very soon after leaving the hotel.
Spent the final 2 nights of our trip at Rock Sands at the North end of the beach (prebooked) so was more than happy staying at the Southern end.

4 out of 5 as the cove they have down at the bottom of the steps could've done with a slight tidy up, although I guess it's a never ending job with the sea bringing things in everyday.
+ maybe new modern signs on the building would make it more attractive to those walking by/new arrivals.

Overall though the room was perfect

• Stayed November 2013
Dhaka, Bangladesh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I travelled with my husband to Koh chang in early June-2013. We had not booked hotels from before and after checking out tripadvisor, we simply walked into the resort for a room. the reception was very small and quite disappointing, so we wanted to check the room first before we moved in. The hotel staff were very nice, and immediately took us to a room which was well within our budget, and had a great view.
The hotel had a nice pool and a private beach, though not fit for swimming. And I would disagree to many comments here that the staff only knows german. We had no problem conversing with the staff in english, and we know not a single german word. Breakfast is not included in the room rate, but for 150-200 Baht, you get a good english breakfast.
I would recommend the hotel to anyone who wants a clean nice hotel (within budget).

Room Tip: Try and book a room facing the sea, the view is worth the money spend!