“BCU 4* Leader Sea Kayak training” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 34 Activities in Ko Chang
Subang Jaya, Malaysia
“BCU 4* Leader Sea Kayak training”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

I've learned so much during the 5 days training in Koh Chang. Dave Brown is an excellent coach. His patience, passion and enthusiasm is an inspiration. Thanks Dave!

In my opinion, Kayak Chang's owner, Andy, who organised this year's Sea Kayak symposium, had put alot of thought and effort to the whole event. Accommodation at Kachapol was comfy, especially after a whole day on the water. Location and timing for training was perfect 4* conditions to play with, perfectly safe surf's spots, calmer waters for skills training and natural secluded pools for rolling session. Plus you get to paddle with Tiderace sea kayaks and the assorted werner paddles! What more could you ask for?! Lastly, you'll never have enough of a laugh when Andy speaks, its entertainment all the way!

Kayak Chang offers top notch BCU courses in South East Asia. Definately recommended!

Visited August 2014

• Thai first
“Reliable & trustworthy operator”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

I did 5 days kayaking symposium with Kayakchang last week. Though I've been paddling but I was still not comfortable with some areas where there were high waves and surf. Andy Hill, as well as Dave Brown, was very encouraging and reassuring. I did manage to overcome my fears soon.

They are very nice people. Even their Thai helper, Lak, was ever ready on the beach to help us. Thumbs up for them. I would highly recommend them.

Zurich, Switzerland
“7 day expedition with Kayak Chang in January 2014”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

We did the 7 day exlpedition in January 2014. Great paddling, good kayaks, wonderful places to stay overnight. And a great guide who made us feel safe in strong winds.

Visited January 2014
Fredensborg, Denmark
“bounty land”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

did the 12 days expedition in February. 12 days with stunning and breathtaking beaches, cliffs and snorkling spots. Interesting variation in accomodations from tenting on a beautifull Island to a luxurios bungalow on the mainland. As for the paddeling I was really challenged, and improved both in terms of speed and distances and manuevering in waves and near to cliffs. I never felt unsafe for one second though, feeling very confident a safe with our guides Andy and later on the trip Leone. Same same but diferrent.... Andy made me do my first succesfull roll, never mind what it was called - I came up, and tried to make me catch a wave for surfing, always pushing me gently. And he cooked one of the best meals we had on the trip! Leone had a wonderfull kind of laid back attitude, she made me believe in my skills with her supporting personality, so I did the last part of the trip in pretty high waves, feeling I had really grown and improved. We were only 4 in the group, and it happend to be some very skilled and strong paddlers I was mixed with, so I just hung in. Anyway everybody was very helpfull and supportive, and we had some wonderfull experiences. This has certainly been a big, big out of my comfort zone but in nice hot water and always with a laugh experience. Or as Anne might have said; " This isn´t a bikini Holiday" Highly recommended! Thanks to Andy,Leone,Christopher,Anne and Johan for sharing some beautifull moments.

Visited February 2014
Whitstable, United Kingdom
“Unique, safe and brilliant experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Having only paddled for about 6 months I was a little nervous of joining the 7 day trip. But no worries, our guides Luke and Leoni made me feel safe and comfortable from the start to the end. Both were excellent leaders. They encouraged me during the sea crossings and offered useful advice to help improve my paddling skills.
The 7 day trip is a unique way to see the beauty of the area, to visit some remote islands one would otherwise not see and to enjoy some peaceful beaches away from the mass tourism. The kit was first class and in excellent condition (the boats in fact were brand new).
Accommodation were an interesting mix, each one unique, clean and very enjoyable and all away from the masses of tourists.
Although you do require a little stamina to get through the long days, you don't need a high level of physical fitness. The days offer plenty of breaks and opportunities to swim or snorkel. You should, however, not have a rice or chicken allergy as this will be your main nutrition (in different variations) for the week.
Can only highly recommend the trip and hopefully I will be back for the 12 day tour one day.
Thank you Kayak Koh Chang - its been a truly wonderful experience.

Visited November 2013