“Safe, friendly and welcoming atmosphere with fantastic sunsets! And I was always greeted with a big smile.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Paradise Palms Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ko Chang
Paradise Palms Resort
Ranked #3 of 89 Ko Chang B&B and Inns
5.0 of 5 stars 215 Reviews
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

You MUST stay at Paradise Palms!!! I couldn't have been happier with my stay at Paradise Palms. Matt, Tara and their daughter, Muksada, made me feel so welcome - their friendliness and hospitality knows no bounds! It was like I was staying with my aunt and uncle - both Matt and Tara took a genuine interest in me and did everything they could to ensure that I was enjoying myself and could get the most out of my stay with them. My bungalow was big, bright, comfortable and clean, and offered air-con as well as a great view of the luscious palm garden and ocean beyond. The gated property is so peaceful and quiet that I was able to relax and get into the holiday spirit right away. It felt like my own private slice of Thailand. The pebbly beach is not so great to lay on (but still good for a swim) but a variety of comfy sun lounges are provided instead, or you can take a 5 min taxi to the next sandy beach along. I can highly recommend both the Thai Cooking course (SO AMAZING!!) and the 1-day snorkeling speedboat tour that they arranged for me. Also, Saffron Restaurant is literally a 1 minute walk away and serves the most delicious food in extremely picturesque surrounds. I can't wait to come back and stay again! Thank-you Matt, Tara & Muksada!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Antwerp, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I stayed at Paradise Palms Resort during my first ever visit to Ko Chang and safe to say, I'll be back! Lovely island and lovely resort as well. Matt & Tara make you feel like home, which is more than welcome when you get sick as hell, as I did. Fortunately I was staying at the front view bungalow, which meant my sickbed offered some stunningly beautiful sights and sunsets ☺ Tara & Matt took great care of me bringing me medicine and food (gotta love that fruit salad Tara makes for breakfast!) When I was back on my feet again, they arranged a scooter for me so I could tour around the beautiful island. They also helped my friend to find and get to the bus stop where he was supposed to pick up his girlfriend. In short: they really do all they can to help you out.
The bungalows were top-notch. Big & clean with aircon, tv, big fridge ... everything you need and more. And no bugs, which I still think is quite the accomplishment in that environment. Ohw and I really love the ideology behind the 'honesty bar', describes (and sets) the atmosphere perfectly.
Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

When I checked into Paradise Palms, (Nov 13th) my family and I were greeted by Matt, Tara and daughter Muksada like old friends. After the previos stay at another "resort" which was not so friendly it was like a breath of fresh air. I booked 2 bugalows for 4 nights, they were big, clean and right next to the beach, the views were stunning especialy at sunset and the water was crystal clear there was plenty of room to park my hire car, in the safe gated resort. Matt and Tara seemed to strike the right balance of asking you if there was anything that you needed or perhaps come and share a cold beer on the beach front without being intrusive. I must give a special mention to Tara, during my stay I also hired a new bike, unfortunately some guy ran into me knocking me off causing damage to my bike, As I could not speak any Thai and this other guy could not speak any English, we had great difficulty communicating. The Thai policeman seemed to be saying its 50/50 so we should each pay for our own damage, as this was not my fault I insisted that we go to the police station. I called Matt for advise within 10 minutes Tara was there (along with Muksada still in her school uniform), she spent a consideral amount of time (2 hours) ensuring that I did not end up out of pocket, the other guy ended up paying 9000 thai baht for the damage caused to my hire bike. I believe Tara went way beyond what one would expect an ordinary resort owner to do for a customer. I really enjoyed my stay at Paradise Palms and I would say that it is the only place that I would consider staying when on Koh Chang in any future visit (which I am hoping will be early next year).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Chichester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I returned for a second time to this fabulous bungalow experience. I'm happy to say it was equally as great as the first time. Matt and Tara were again so helpful with advice and booking trips and transfers. The bungalows were very comfortable and relaxing with everything you need. They were clean and had been revamped a bit since my last trip. I can highly recommend the Thai cooking course they arranged for me. It was a fantastic stay and the best sunset I have seen anywhere in the world. I'll definitely be going back next time I'm in Thailand. Thanks Matt and Tara for a great stay.

Room Tip: All the bungalows are reasonably priced and great but the beachfront one gives the best views.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Zevenbergen, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Matt, Tara en Muksada what a wonderfull team. Always helpfull and making your holiday a real party inlcuding arrangements for bike rent, diving course, transportations, tips for the best restaurants and organize barbecue with a perfect view of the sunset and directy to the beach. A real recommendable stay.
October 2012

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Chiang Mai, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I am finally back in paradise it has been 3 years since my last stay at paradise palms resort.

Paradise Palms resort is still my favourite spot ON THE ENTIRE EARTH. Good clean bungalows with TV, Aircon, fan, clean sheets/towls and nice functioning bathroom in western standard to a reasonable price.

Tara, Mathew and Muksi are as usual very pleasant hosts, helpful and positive

So whats new
The weather have been even better this time (closer to high season),

NO GYM - I was shocked to see the gym was removed, but instead Mathews has shown me a route for a killer run down at white sand beach, so I got trained my cardio for sure. I can recommend try out "cardiac hill" with Mathew in the morning.

Wuuhuuu Free WIF!!!! Finally Mathew added a WIFI router, so now you are able to check your mail and do some browsing, The connection is not stable enough to provide internet service for business use, so dont expect that at present time.

--------------------About koh Chang----------------------------
Koh Chang has been developed massively since I visited the Island 3 years ago - More hotels, resorts, construction shops and as a result also "Prices has increased to ridiculous level" in example normal thai dishes are like 100-200 baht per plate. Same dish in Bangkok would be 40-80 Baht a dish.

Customer service level at many restaurants has decreased since my last visit - in a restaurant with plenty of staff you will see them almost sleep and take no interest in the customer.

Beside from this Koh Chang is a very beautiful spot on earth, White sand and clean beaches, beautiful nature and space for tranquility
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can highly recommend visit Paradise Palms resort if you need a quiet place to relax and have romantic holiday with your love.

Room Tip: bungalow 1 and 2 toward the sea has the best view from the "balcony"
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Chiang Mai, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

After reading the great reviews of this place, my wife and I decided to give it a try and headed down from Chiang Mai with her parents, who've never seen the ocean before. We got there the day after the heavy rains stopped and enjoyed 4 sunny days of great weather. The owners, Matt and Tara couldn't have been nicer and made sure we had everything we needed for a great stay. They even delivered two nice motorbikes for us to use around the island. Matt always came around to make sure we everything was ok and offered great advice for sightseeing, The bungalows were big and clean with a great view of the ocean and the sound of the waves out our door lulled us to sleep every night, along with the many beers we drank around a campfire Matt had set up on his man made beach. The beach is made from rounded rocks and the water was clearer than most of the other beaches we came across. We sat on the beach every night to watch the great sunsets before we went out to dinner and ended each night around the fire. Talk about a peaceful place. And the beds were extra comfortable. We can't wait to get back in a few months.

Room Tip: Bungalows 1 and 2 are right next to the beach. Great views
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Paradise Palms Resort? Share your experiences!