I have been to the Glass house many times and the property is very pretty. The rooms have been recently done up. The food is good and the staff is extremely helpful.
This time though we decided to stay in a tent as the property was full and that wasn't a very good experience. Lots of big spiders on the tent wall, cat strayed into the tent in the the middle of the night and knocked off our toothbrushes into the dustbin! It was scary to be woken from your sleep with a crashing sound and you see the outline of a creature moving away. It was only in the morning that we got to know that it was a cat. So the last night the hotel staff kindly shifted us into a room that got vacant which was really nice. I also feel like the tents look dirty from out side.But again, this doesn't take away from the fact the the property, food, staff all are great and this is my favorite weekend getaway from Delhi!
There is lots to do in terms of rafting and walking around and of course chilling in the rooms themselves...
The nicest thing about this property --the sound of the ganges flowing by....
- Also Known As:
- Glasshouse On The Ganges Hotel Rishikesh
- Glasshouse On The Ganges Hotel
- Glasshouse On The Ganges Rishikesh
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Glasshouse on the Ganges, honours an extraordinary geographical site where the Ganga turns around and flows north towards its source. It is a magical natural spot. Set in a lychee and mango orchard of the Maharajas of Tehri Garhwal, with a garden of tropical plants, full of rare birds and butterflies, it has a sand beach of its own.After the maddening hustle of the crowds which throng the daily dip or the Kumbh Mela, there is no better haven of calm anywhere in the vicinity of Rishikesh. It is known for its serene and spiritual atmosphere. You can easily commute between the Glasshouse and the crowded pilgrimage spots without feeling the strain of its fascinating but continuous oppression of numbers–the calmest bank to watch the Kumbh! You can enjoy an evening Arti at the Parmarth Niketan Ashram. You could also visit the Ram Jhula and the Lakshman Jhula. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with MakeMyTrip so you can book your The Glasshouse on the Ganges reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.