““Day Rafting - safe, professional and excellent”” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 20 Attractions in Rishikesh
Type: Bodies of Water, Outdoors
More attraction details
Owner description: Born and raised in Indian Himalayas, on the banks of the rivers on which we work and play, we have unlimited enthusiasm for adventure, passion for whitewater, dedication to safety and a genuine respect for Mother Nature. We are proud to be Indian and excited to share our extraordinary country, culture, rivers and skills with you.Paddle India ensures every safety measures and put the best efforts to make your trip, A trip of a lifetime.
Rishikesh, India
““Day Rafting - safe, professional and excellent””
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We went on a half day rafting trip for 800 Rp each. Others around were less but we were advised that this was the safest. Very hot when we were there in June so was a pleasure to be in the cold ganga water.

Punctual (especially for india), rafting instructor had great enthusiasm and understanding of english. Not dangerous at all, fun for all ages. No prior experience required at all.

Delhi
“Overpriced trek, filthy rooms”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We used Paddle India to stay overnight at a temple near Rishikesh, and then as our guides to hike down the following day. We ended up paying $30 US/person (much much more then our beautiful hotel in Rishikesh) to sleep in filthy, damp rooms with some of the most horrific bathrooms I've ever seen. The bathrooms were covered in human feces- but I will say that once we alerted Mukesh about the mess he personally oversaw the staff giving every bathroom a cleaning. We arrived in the afternoon, and dinner was not served until after 9 pm. It was by the far the worst sleep I've had in three separate trips to India, and though the hike the next day was beautiful, and the car service prompt, it was difficult to enjoy the hike when I felt so exhausted from such a poor night's sleep. The temple itself did not live up to expectation, and paled in comparison to more beautiful and better kept temples within Laxman Jhula. All in all, a let down of an experience, and a waste of money.

Muklis, Owner at Paddle India, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Namaskar!
Greetings from Paddle India!

I was extremely concerned to read about your experiences in a overnight trek trip with Paddle India - a professional outfitter place which has always prided itself on its safety, service and its team.
I understand your anguish, and thank you for taking the time to pass on such valuable feedback, which, needless to say holds a mirror of introspection for me & my team.

I assure you that your feedback has been taken in the right spirit, with a resolve to look into each and every aspect mentioned in your posting.

However there are some points which I would like to clear for this problem in the Trip:-

1:- Short Notice of the Trip
The trip was too short notice. We had only couple of hours to arrange the trip. The property where you stayed is not Paddle India property. Better than anything for staying, especially on Treks, we trust on camping Gear as we know what Services and Hygienic means.

2:- Rooms & Toilet Conditions
As we didn't had much time to arrange for our camping Gear that is the reason we arrange that place in the mountain to stay. Our staff was continuously calling them to clean the rooms and the toilets. But unfortunately like most of the people they didn’t. But once we get informed about the condition of the toilets I and my Team personally take care of that.

3:- Dinner Time:-
We asked the whole group about the dinner time and they said around 8 pm. Sorry for your timings but the dinner was served around 8 pm, not 9 pm.

4:- About the cost of the Trip:-
As we have charged $30 US/person, which is a very cheap cost as it included Accommodation, dinner and breakfast, Guide Charges, Forest Department Trekking fees and transport . The cost was given as per 6 members in the trip but at the final moment there was only 4 of the guest came for the trip. But as per our policy we never disappoint the Guest, we do the trip even if it is a loss for us. If we will calculate the expenses of the trip it was much more than we had from the Guests. The cost discount was also given because of Mr.Ben, who had already done the trip with us before and was joining us again for the trip.

5:- Refund of Your Money
In Paddle India we care a lot about the complete satisfaction of the Guest. But as you were not satisfied and wasted your precious time, so as per our policy we will like to refund you the $ 30 and plus $ 30 more for your precious time as we had make a mistake. Please do send us information, how we can repay you in our Company Email address paddleindia@gmail.com. More than money we do care about Satisfaction.

6:- Another reason for you Bad Sleep
I just thought deeply and it reminds me that you were also sick in trip. So may be this could also be a reason for your Bad Sleep. I am heartily sorry for your Bad Sleep.

7:- Hike and Our Car Service
Thanks for your nice comment. This is what Paddle India do professionally. The job which we do, we know how to do it.

I would personally like to welcome you back to Paddle India, and hope to provide you a relaxing and rejuvenating trip with us, that is in keeping with the high standards and safety that we are known for.

Thanks again for writing a Very Valuable feedback for us. I promise you, we will take this feedback in a very positive way.

Best Regards
Mukesh Joshi
Owner $ Instructor
Howrah, West Bengal, India
“The Best..!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

The best in rishikesh. If you are planning for a rafting trip in select no one other than them.They are the best in their business..!! Sorry i am a bit late. :P

Kochi (Cochin), India
5 attraction reviews
“Rafting Thrill”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

If you want to go rafting then do it with Paddle India only. Mukesh and his team knows their job thoiroughly. All my queries were addressed to satisfactorily when I called up. Me and my friend did the 25 km long stretch. They took a lot of safety precautions. Our team was given detailed safety instructions. We were the only ones that had safety kayakers with us. They have pick up and drop facility too.Had a great experience. Thanks a lot....

Aarhus, Denmark
“Excellent river rafting & trekking!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

My river rafting trip with Paddle India was a really fun adventure I would definitely recommend to others.
And so was my 4-day hike with the same company. I had such a good hiking trip to Chopta with Chandan from Paddle India!

I didn't have any former experience with river rafting, but Paddle India made me feel very safe the whole time. Mukesh from Paddle India is very skilled and good at what he does! We went down some wild rapids and got to float in the river later on. A really good day in great company.

After the river rafting, I also booked a 4-day trek with Paddle India to Chopta. And it was absolutely amazing. Very beautiful and such a cool trip. Chandan, our guide, had everything under control and we had so much fun!

The guys that run the company are very friendly and considerate. Paddle India is a good choice if you are looking for a positive adventure!

Visited May 2013