“Remarkable hotel owners, not to be missed” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel the Holiday Home

You added Hotel the Holiday Home to your Saves list
Hotel the Holiday Home
Tapovan, Laxmanjhula | Near Ayurpark, AnandaPrakash Yogashram, Rishikesh 249201, India   |
Ranked #12 of 96 Rishikesh B&B and Inns
LONDON
“Remarkable hotel owners, not to be missed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I have travelled extensively and in my experience my 11 night stay at The Holiday Home, was incredibly positive. I am a big fan and feel very fortunate to have found this place randomly online. All rooms have own bathroom & hot water, ranging from fan-only up to a/c, with complimentary service like mineral water, laundry, and morning chai, if you choose at additional cost, meaning guests with a range of budgets and needs can enjoy staying here. My room was very nice, light, airy, safe, secure, comfortable, well sized even for 2 people and well appointed. The wifi was without doubt the fastest, most reliable I’ve found during 2 months in India. Based in Tapovan, it is a few minutes walk to grocery stores, stocking popular health foods and Western foods; many adventure tour operators; pharmacy, restaurants, other shops and the local Vikram stop. In the opposite direction, it’s a 5-10 minute downhill walk to Laxman Jhula Bridge. I found the hotel owners to be exceptional people. Genuine, trustworthy, kind and helpful, offering good advice in answer to my questions. They helped me greatly when I was sick, far exceeding my expectations for a hotel. It’s a business and there was always a polite, professional approach however there is so much more if you are open to it – intelligent conversation, insights to Indian culture, extensive knowledge of yoga philosophy and compassion. I found the location and the immediate streets to be quiet, away from the busy main road. Staying at The Holiday Home feels very personal, but they are not intrusive people, overall I would highly recommend staying here whilst in Rishikesh.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

This place was simply great compared to most other places we have come across and stayed in during 6 weeks of travel in India. The manager is also a yoga teacher and we took lessons with him almost daily. He had two young men working for him and they may have upped their game because the boss was around, but, nevertheless, they were the most helpful hosts. We could actually trust that if we asked them to do something like call around to ask for the best trekking prices or book a train ticket, that they ACTUALLY did it! They also brought us complementary tea every morning and provided tons of drinking water for free. It was also incredibly reasonably priced, three of us stayed in a double room with an extra mattress for 500rs for all three. When we came back from a trek and they did not have room, the young men took the initiative to call another hotel down the road, get us the same prices and even have someone from there come and pick us up.

Room Tip: The cheapest rooms are without windows.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Total value of my Money, Specially for backpackers those who keep wandering it the perfect place for them, I think I will come back to this Hotel again. Don't forget to get your Yoga Classes here there are very Good Yoga teacher. only thing that you need to prepare in well advance to order your meals as they need preparation time in advance.

Room Tip: Upper one are excellent mountain view room
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel the Holiday Home? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel the Holiday Home

Address: Tapovan, Laxmanjhula | Near Ayurpark, AnandaPrakash Yogashram, Rishikesh 249201, India
Location: India > Uttarakhand > Rishikesh
Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Room Service
Ranked #12 of 96 B&Bs / Inns in Rishikesh
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, HostelBookers and HostelWorld so you can book your Hotel the Holiday Home reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Hotel the Holiday Home, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.