“Home from home, wonderful hosts, thank you :)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Seventh Heaven Inn Rishikesh

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rishikesh
Seventh Heaven Inn Rishikesh
You added Seventh Heaven Inn Rishikesh to your Saves list
Badrinath Road | Tapovan-Laxman Jhula, Rishikesh 249192, India   |
Ranked #1 of 92 Rishikesh B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Home from home, wonderful hosts, thank you :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I arrived here at 7am, shown immediately to my room,I was left to rest before checking in. The rooms are plain white, beautifully co-ordinated with simple touches like bedside lamps, ample plug sockets, switches marked with what they do so you don't have to try five different ones to turn a light on, and taps marked hot and cold. It all makes life easier and you can tell thought has gone into the place. The mattresses on the beds are simply the best, memory foam, warm and comfortable, I loved that bed!

Kalam and Charlotte are more than owners they are amazing hosts, going out of their way to help with whatever you need or want, sharing knowledge not just of Rishikesh but also other parts of India. The hotel also attracts some lovely people and the roof top dining area was a great place to meet other people, as was the lobby with its comfy chairs and sofa. You could sit there and quietly browse the Internet or chat with Charlotte and Kalam.

The food was also high quality, fresh brewed coffee, fab breakfasts, mushrooms, tomatoes and scrambled eggs served with good quality bread. If you want something specific for dinner do speak with them as they will do their best to cater for you.

The hotel is a ten minute walk from the Laxman Jhula Bridge, in Tapovan, so you are away from the hustle and bustle, however you're close to the Anand Prakash Ashram which has excellent yoga at 6am and a short walk to Ramana's Garden, a great restaurant serving a good cause.

I will definitely be returning to Seventh Heaven, and I would recommend it as a great place to stay.

Room Tip: You can get wifi in room 3, on the first floor, if you don't mind sitting on the end of the bed!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Utrecht, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We had an absolutely wonderful week at Seventh Heaven. The rooms are spotless and spacious and have a homely feel to them, as does the entire complex. The owners are superfriendly and helpful. We initially wanted to stay for three nights but we eventually stayed for a full week mainly due to this warm and charming place.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I brought several friends to Rishikesh in October and all agreed that Seventh Heaven was one of the best places that we stayed. From the very first email to waving goodbye at the gate it was a wonderful experience. Charlotte and Kalam went out of their way to accomodate us all and were extremely helpful throughout our stay. The hotel isn't far from Laxman Jhula but it's far enough to be out of the hustle and bustle; the food and the view at the rooftop restaurant was great! Thank you Charlotte & Kalam, I look forward to seeing you again next time!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

In November I stayed at this wonderful guest house in Rishikesh, India along with three other women. The place is lovely, clean and comfortable, and the view from the roof top is magnificent. Charlotte and Kalam, owner/operators, are delightful and made us feel like we were all friends. They go out of their way to be helpful. The food was good, and the rooms are kept very clean. The staff are wonderful, kind and friendly people. This is a wonderful venue for first-time visitors to Rishikesh or for those like myself, who make travel to Rishikesh an annual event. Namaste

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

My visit to Rishikesh was amazing and the excellent accommodations at the Seventh Heaven Inn made everything so much better. At the end of each day I had an excellent room to return to and relax, go over my day and plan the next. My room was clean, bright, and comfortable with all the modern amenities. From my balcony I could watch India wake up and begin its day. I so enjoyed my morning breakfast from the roof top, the fresh squeezed orange juice was delicious, and the staff could not have been more helpful. Thank you to Charlotte and Kalam for all you help and advise on what to see and do and for making my stay so enjoyable.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Bedford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We stayed here for one night only, having returned from 3 days trekking. As previous reviews have said, its clean, comfortable and friendly. Great location for heading across the Laxman Jhula bridge and exploring. Ask for a room with a river view, we didn't and wish we had. They are slightly more expensive. We enjoyed our meal in the communal rooftop area; good value and tasty food. Unfortunately we didnt meet anyone else to chat to, think we were a bit early! It would be very fun though. Charlotte and Kalam were very hospitable and friendly, especially when Charlotte had to get up to check us out at 5am! Very kind.

Wish we'd had a bit longer here- next time....

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Sweimah, Jordan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I could not recommend Seventh Heaven enough. My boyfriend and I spent a week here in October and felt like it was the perfect base for two first timers in Rishikesh; a place which I often described during our time there as a 'feast on the mind' - much to the amusement of my companion.. the hotel is walking distance to Laxman Jula but slightly tucked away enabling you to relax and take stock of all the mad and wonderful things that are taking place along the throng of the river.

The property is charmingly friendly and this is all down to the owners/hosts Charlotte and Kalam. Their authentic care and attention to detail resonates everywhere in this hotel. One of the highlights for me during what was a truly memorable week were the daily meals on the rooftop - we met so many different people from different parts of the world and I felt like it made the whole experience all the more gratifying as we got to hear people's personal stories and the various reasons and circumstances for bringing them to this very interesting part of India.

I would definitely recommend staying here - it will always have a special place in my heart. It was the base of a true adventure that will remain with us forever.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Seventh Heaven Inn Rishikesh? Share your experiences!