“Amazing experience..in love with the place to stay in” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Divine Ganga Cottage

You added Divine Ganga Cottage to your Saves list
Divine Ganga Cottage
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Vill. Post. Tapovan | Laxman Jhula, Rishikesh 249192, India   |
Ranked #9 of 92 Rishikesh B&B and Inns
Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India
“Amazing experience..in love with the place to stay in”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

It was the moth of September ..and we were really wondering ..where to stay ... but Divine Ganga Cottage provided us an amazing comfortable stay and we were moved by the hospitality of their staff..It is a must recommend for everyone. The view from the terrace was awesome and one can never stay so close to the river Ganges...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Hotel Divine Ganga Cottage at Hrishikesh is off the main town and closest to Laxman Jhula. It is a charming place. Although the access to the hotel is extremely narrow - to be noted if you are driving down.

The hotel authorities have tried their best to provide signages, however, we would recommend that one mentions that it is close to Tapovan
Resort.

The manager - Ms. Gautami Routella is very warm and friendly and staff Harish and Mohit very helpful. Shashi ji prepares awesome food.

The experience here was very different from the regular hotel as the options provided were offbeat and very enjoyable. The walk to Laxman Jhula from the back lanes to a lunch at a cafe run by volunteers at an orphanage, a massage from locals, white water river rafting, and secluded river banks were things that we had not planned at all but enjoyed every bit.

The view from this hotel is spectacular - as good as what is on the website.

Room Tip: All rooms are good. If you are travelling in cold seasons, and with children request for a corner r...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Singapore, null, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I thought it is going to be another hotel but to my surprise the hotel was pretty good. I had a Ganges view from my room. Very neat rooms. I had an opportunity to interact with the owners. They are very friendly. The hotel manager was very kind. The restaurant in the hotel was very homely. Hotel manager said 'we have basic & simple food. But my friends and I enjoyed the food. Neatly cooked and presented quite well. I have already spread the word about Divine Ganga to all my friends and family. I would only stay in this hotel whenever I visit Rishikesh.

Room Tip: I stayed in the first floor - Ganges view. It was quite good.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
New Delhi, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

The hotel is a nice budget hotel with great view (if you book a ganga View room). I booked ganga View room for about a week. Although the stay was comfortabale, there are a few short comings that I want to highlight. I would have liked a bigger room and closet for that price. The rooftop cafe is ok but not up to the mark if you are looking for good food.

The biggest problem is approach road to the hotel, which is a narrow lane. So if you are planning to go by your own car, you should think twice.

Room Tip: Go for Ganga view room, which is probably the only USP of this hotel
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Great reception,
Great room
Great food
Best set of stairs anywhere
Best in Rishikesh
Ok 200 words.
I stayed for about three months, so Ganga became my home. I went on various trips.
got my teeth fixed.

Room Tip: Just ask Gautami Re swimming pool there isant one. Comment was mistake. I just used hotel as a bas...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

We've been on the road for 3 years and live out of our backpacks. This hotel was a perfect place to call home for a week.

We opted for the basic room on ground floor. Due to our long stay, we got an 800Rs room discounted to 600Rs. Like most budget places in India no top sheet on the bed but one was supplied with smile when we requested one.

The place was kept very clean. The more expensive rooms had nicer bathroom fixtures (our shower head was stopped up and only alowed a trickle, I just had bucket showers, no problem at all.) The higher priced rooms also have more decorative touches like colorful silk pillows added to beds. For us the budget choice was perfectly fine. There was room in cabinet for our packs too.

It's a pleasant 10 minute walk to get into the thick of things, the temples, souvenir shops, Ashrams and the bustling area around Lakshman Jhula Bridge.

The restaurant serves pretty decent breakfast and chai but coffee not recommended. We often went go Our favorite restaurants: Little Buddha for to die for dishes.... Chili Colorado, hummus, grilled vegetables...sooo delish, pizza and killer avocado sandwiches. Avocado shake also fantastic. Heard great things about Pyramid cafe for best salads.

When we had charming and very helpful, Gautami (pronounced Gotme) reserve our oto taxi to Haridwar and a bus onward from there to Jaipur. We were inaccurately told there were no direct buses to Pushkar. Also a hefty (30%) was added to the normal fare and our bus was a rattling old and had torn covers in sleeping compartment. Other tourists we spoke to while waiting for our "Luxury" bus had gotten their tickets the day before , we booked 5 days ahead. We had been told there was no direct bus to Puskar. Their bus was also much newer. One girl had a private taxi drive her from Rishikesh to Haridwar for what an oto taxi cost us. This was our only disappointment and beef with the hotel. All else about our stay was great; restaurant, Sashi especially, with his cute giggles, tries to please.

Stay here for a pleasant and quiet atmosphere, within easy walking distance to sites of interest. But book any onward services with an agent in town.

• Stayed November 2012
Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Hi Tash! It was great to share this wonderful experience with you. I can only reiterate what a delightful place to stay if you want to be close to Ganga and experience the real deal that is India. My room was in the older part of the complex and while not 5 star the accommodation was clean and comfortable, and more importantly the staff were so lovely, especially the manager Gautami and the chef Shashi. If you are looking for an excellent tour including yoga and local guides check out my review of 'Bohemian Tours'.

Room Tip: If you want 'luxury' ask for a room in the new section. If you want service, views and acces...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to Divine Ganga Cottage? Share your experiences!