“execrable service!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Issa-Blanca

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Oualidia
Hotel Issa-Blanca
Save Saved
You added Hotel Issa-Blanca to your Saves list
Beach Rd, Around Town, Oualidia, Morocco   |
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Oualidia
TUCSON
“execrable service!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

The high ranking for this "hotel" (more like a restaurant with a few neglected rooms above it) on Trip Advisor is VERY suspicious. It's true that the setting is not bad, across from a lovely yet disgracefully garbage-strewn beach. But the rooms are nothing special, even dingy, and the service was easily the worst I've experienced in many many months, if not years (I work in the travel business and spend around 200 nights a year in hotels). Upon arrival I was greeted with a veritable Wall of Disdain, and the assurance that no, I hadn't made a reservation. When I lugged my computer out to find it, the reception staff said they'd been given the wrong date by booking.com --highly unlikely. As it turns out, I was the ONLY GUEST that night. My room was cramped and unappealing, and more than twice the price of far superior rooms I've had elsewhere in Morocco.

Another note on the price: the manager/waiter insisted on overcharging me: 60euros rather than the 55 guaranteed by booking.com. I decided it wasn't worth quibbling over.

Dinner --a semi-endearing facsimile of French seafood fare-- was similarly overpriced. When I'd finished, the waiter asked when I'd like to have breakfast. I replied "7:30 would be great", to which he snapped, "Not before 8!", causing me to wonder why he asked me in the first place.

The next morning I wanted to make a phone call, and was informed by yet another surly employee that the hotel didn't have a phone! Incredible!

Room Tip: I think my room --the only one occupied the night I spent there-- was the worst one: really tiny, wi...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Derbyshire uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

we stayed here for 2 nights end of sept 2012 , a nice small hotel we had room 5 which was at the back of the hotel, a balcony which was nice as room fairly small, only negatives, bathroom was in need of repair as exposed pipework and re-plastering required , the balcony could have a sun umbrella as very hot and no shade , room electrics not ideal as extension cables ran across the doorway !!! however the place was clean and breakfast very good , ate at the hotel once and was very good value, we travelled by bus to oualidia so not the easiest place to find so had a taxi from the main road up the hill as too far to walk , owner helped us out with transport to safi , nice peaceful place and would recommend a visit. on having a peep at the empty other rooms , room 2 looked the best a balcony and more room, double bed with mosquito net and a balcony with a sea view so if staying ask for room 2 !!!

Room Tip: room 2 best choice
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

This is a small, family runned hotel across from beautiful golden sand beach. Very peaceful and quiet a year around. Nadia(the owner of the hotel) and staff will help you with everything you need. You could also get a nice breakfast, lunch or dinner here. Me and my cousen stayed here at least 5 times and we can not wait to return here again!
Thank you very much, Nadia.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

We rented a villa around the corner from Issa Blanca and only ate at the restaurant here. In fact, over 10 days we had most of our meals delivered from Issa Blanca. The owner, Nadia, could not do enough for us. We had everything delivered to our door quickly and beautifully presented. Even wine and beer.

One evening, Nadia prepared the birthday dinner for my husband. A truckload of food was brought over with wine and beer. Additionally, she drove all the way to Safi that afternoon to purchase a delicious birthday cake for my husband.

The prices were on par with every other restaurant in Oualidia and we had the pleasure of eating right in our own back yard.

Our last night in Oualidia, Nadia personally delivered our dinner and brought special desserts for the kids.

Truly superb and would not hesitate recommending the restaurant at Issa Blanca. Thank you Nadia!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Berlin, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2009

We stayed there for one night and before we knew it we were signed up for a really expensive dinner. I would never go again for the "we make you a great seefood dinner" -DEAL again! You will pay a ridiculous amount when you check out the next day.... Dinner in the end was twice as expensive as the room!

• Stayed April 2009
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2009

Overall, we were satisfied with our room, which was very nicely decorated, the meals, including a very good traditional moroccan breakfast and the proximity to the beach (even though the hotel is a little far from the lagoon itself and commodities (internet, other choices of restaurants, etc.).

What we think is laking in this location is good and genuine service. The woman who we think is the manager of the hotel seemed really concerned about the financial impact of low season or that they are new and trying to make their name. We did not appreciate her constant demands for buying things we didn't ask for (meals, quad, souvenirs boutique, all the way to argan oil!?!).

We were repeated not to hesitate to ask if we needed something. But felt like not much attention was given to our requests (the staff leaving as we were talking to them, or trying to sell us something).

Two days after we had given our laundry to be washed, we received it with most of the clothes not dry (which we had to hang again ourselves, all over our room on the night before our departure and we still had to take half-dry the next day). Some of our clothes were also faded and permanently damaged. Not what we expected after we had paid 10 €. If the laundry cannot be done properly it should not be offered or at least an appology or a credit should be given. This was not done, we were only given our laundry and told that we should put it in a plastic bag!?! All of this as we were showed items form the souvenirs boutique, until we were finally able to close our room door. Very "Souk" like.

As we said before, the hotel itself is a decent one. But service is very important to us and a genuine and pleasant encounter really makes the difference when it comes to choosing a hotel.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Issa-Blanca? Share your experiences!