“If I knew then what I know now.” 3 of 5 stars

The Mark Addy
3.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   56 Rodes Farm Dr, Nellysford, VA 22958   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Nellysford B&B and Inns
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
“If I knew then what I know now.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

For a first time B&B experience things didn't go very smoothly, but that was a booking problem, not the fault of the Inn. We liked the staff. Exactly what was expected out of them. I'm going to be average on everything here, (except the location).
When I saw what I had to shell out for these 2 days (no online deals here) I was rather disappointed when we settled into the room. I'm not going to nitpick here, I just kind of feel ripped off.
So, if you're looking for above average B&B, do your homework first, and if you DO stay here, insist on the very best room at the cheapest price you can find and you should be happy.
If you do like we did and stay in a standard room it just isn't worth your bang for the buck.
To the Innkeepers, good luck with that place. Hope all goes well for the future travelers.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Alexandria, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

This Inn has a great location overlooking the Shenandoah Mountains too bad the non-smokers of us could not use the front porch as the owners, smokers, tended to monopolize it. This Inn could do with a major redo-it is really worn down. We stayed 2 nights on a Groupon deal-our room was not cleaned between the two nights and there was a bunch of hair in the shower/bath the first morning (I wonder when it had last been cleaned). The dinner we had there the second night was good. At checkout the last day I inquired about the 10% discount included in the Voucher for dinning there. The clerk asked the owner about it, who was just round the corner from us. She said, loud enough for us to hear, if the couples ask for it give it to them but do NOT volunteer it to others on the same Living Social!!??!!

Room Tip: Don't go there! But, our room location was great, at the front of the house over top the front p...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We stayed for two nights in the room named "The Colonel." It is a large and comfortable space with a door onto a terrace. I saw several other rooms and they do vary in size quite a bit. (probably in price also...) There is lots of hiking in the area, but the weather was bad so we went into Charlottesville (about 30 min) and visited Monticello, which I definitely recommend. The breakfasts were large and inventive. The dinner was wonderful. My lamb chops were cooked to medium rare perfection. The chocolate cheesecake is the best I've ever tasted.

Huntingdon Valley, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Stayed at The Mark Addy in early October 2013 and it was truly delightful. Like most country inns, the owners set the tone, and Leslie and Rafi couldn't be nicer or more accommodating. I'm in a wheelchair (the inn has an accessible room on the first floor), and everyone was eager to provide assistance when needed without smothering. Rafi downplays his skills as a chef, but both dinner and breakfast were outstanding and expertly conceived and prepared. Although it was raining during my stay, the view of the Blue Ridge from the front porch (highlighted by a lovely fountain) was genuinely spectacular. It has ample seating options and is surrounded by a well-tended garden; obviously a great place to rest and linger over tea or coffee. Highly recommended as an alternative to a regular hotel when in the area.

Room Tip: The accessible Sundance room is obviously the choice for wheelchair-bound travelers, but is also bea...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Williamsburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Mark Addy for four nights for our honeymoon in July 2013. We had never really stayed at a bed and breakfast before, and the experience was above and beyond anything that we could have expected. The hosts were so helpful and gave us great advice on what to do as we had never been in the area. They went above and beyond the average necessities to provide for us and make our stay fantastic. Our room, Schloss, was beautiful, and although this is a pet-friendly room I honestly didn't notice any pet hair whatsoever in the room. It was beautifully decorated with a very comfy bed and lovely furnishings. The dining room where we had breakfast each day and dinner on one night was beautiful. The dinner I has there was probably the best meal I have had in the last 5 years. The gardens were beautiful, and the setting very relaxing and refreshing. We cannot wait to visit again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Falls Church, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed 2 wonderful nights at the Mark Addy Inn. The setting is very peaceful and relaxing and Leslie and Rafi are wonderful hosts. We had a wonderful dinner there for my birthday; the food was excellent. Also a 3 course great breakfast is included with your room and you will not go away hungry. We hope we will be able to visit again soon.

Room Tip: We stayed in Le Jardin room and loved it.
Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Four of us enjoyed two days at the Mark Addy Inn while doing some wine tasting in the area. Our hosts, Leslie and Rafi, couldn't have been more accomodating. The house is full of wonderful antiques and each bedroom is well appointed, clean, and comfortable. The gourmet breakfasts by Chef Rafi were two of the best we have ever had at any B and B. From the spacious front porch, we enjoyed a glass of wine overlooking the beautiful grounds and great view if the mountains. A great mini vacation!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Been to The Mark Addy? Share your experiences!