“Great music and beer on a summer night” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 11 Restaurants in Nellysford
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Housed where generations of Nelson County children attended school from 1910-1939, this charming property features a true 'Biergarten', ponds, waterfalls, a working water wheel and tobacco barns which have been transformed into a boutique shopping village. Our farm to fork menu is sure to please even the most discriminating palette. Experience the delightful creations using fresh, local meats and produce paired with a broad selection of hand crafted beers by our talented Brew Master Danny Wolf or choose from our carefully selected wine list. Dining options include year round porch seating as well as seasonal outdoor seating.
Syracuse, New York
“Great music and beer on a summer night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We stopped by on Sunday July 6 for a beer sampling and because they had a sign out front that there would be music that evening. It was a beautiful setting and evening for sitting in their pavilion and listening to a wonderful duo play a mixture of country, blue brass and classic rock. They were fantastic!

We split one beer sampling and really enjoyed all the beers on it. The Hunny Blonde was one of my favorites, along with the Wee Heavy and the Dry Stout.

We didn't eat here, only listened to music and sampled their beers so I can't comment on the food. The wait staff was very attentive to us even though we were just there to hang out.

Visited July 2014

“Disappointed as a first timer.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

The place is beautiful, the landscaping and different parts of the restaurant are great. I love the two beers I've had of theirs and was really excited about visiting the brewery to try more. It wasn't what I was hoping for. Our server was apparently about to be off, took our drink order, (which was a flight, really good beer) but never tried to get us another one, took our food order and was gone. No goodbye, no introducing us to another server, just gone. The rest of the time we had to get the bartender to fill our waters, get us silverwear, and our tab, he seemed slightly frustrated he had to serve us. Turns out at the end of the meal, our original server had transferred us to the bartender and no one told us. We would have ordered more drinks, but no one bothered. We had ordered the jalapeño poppers, so delicious. I got the nachos as my meal, they were awesome. My boyfriend got a sandwich, which came with great spiced chips. Cheers to the cooks! Thumbs down for the service.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, Maryland
“Good Biergarten-- nice beers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

This review does not comment on food-we just stopped to do a tasting.

This place is a Big sprawling complex of rambling buildings centered around an old historic village school house. It has a lovely Biergarten- loads of shade and a
Fish pond and water wheel. It has a
Play area and welcomes pets. How nice. Mountains form the backdrop.

Three of us shared a full flight tasting of11beers.
Good variety of beers, some interesting seasonals with fruit for the summer. I liked the fact that some were hoppy but others not so. The winners in our book were the Hunny Bunny(Belgian style wheat) and the Wee Hunny a Scottish ale. Verdict was more mixed on some of the seasonals.

Could stand to have more local wines in the bar-- why not -- they are in the middle of many fine wineries ( Rebec, Rockfish, etc)

Staunton, Virginia
“A prime example of what poor quality control and mismanagement can do!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

A fine beer is the Blonde Hunny, in the can, so what could be better than an ice cold draft. Went into the bar ordered a Blonde, and a BBQ, the bar maid suggested the veggie of the day in place of chips, so why not. the BBQ came with a side of slaw "teaspoon size" not even enough to fill a fork "1 small bite" the veggie was a mini ear of corn, after 3 attempts to bite it from the cob I finally gave up on eating the corn "OVER COOKED". As I ate the BBQ I noticed something strange in my BBQ, I very carefully took my fork and dug it out, then I asked the barmaid "why is there a black bean in my BBQ?" she called the manager. he wanted to explain to her and not address the problem with his customer while I sat there enjoying the Blonde I kept feeling water dripping on me. I addressed this with the manager, any excuse is better than no excuse, I heard about 3 different reasons for the dripping water and finally told him 2 quick fixes. Some people are really stupid or just don't care or lack the motivation to make or order the needed repairs.
Overall the BBQ to Sweet, and comes with strange things at no extra charge. The side of slaw undersized, veggie of the day seemed like it was cooked yesterday and left on the steam table, and then then dripping water.
I closed my conversation with the manager as follows "you guys need to brew the Blonde Hunny and stay OUT of the restaurant business!!
Not planning to be a return customer!
HIGHLIGHT "The barmaid was very sweet and on the ball and the Blonde Hunny was cold."

• Visited June 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Yorktown, Virginia
“Awful Service!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Visited the Wild Wolf Brewing Company this past weekend while on a Girl Friend's Weekend in the Charlottesville area. I had read about this brewery so we thought we would stop for lunch, have a beer and a bite to eat. We arrived around 11:30 am, so the place was practically empty since it was so early. We wanted to sit outside since it was still cool out and enjoy the mountain air. We approached the check-in stand to get a seat and the hostess said it would be about a 20 - 25 minute minute wait! Remember I mentioned the place was practically empty - since there were only two of us in our party and there was not a table for two available, she would not seat us!! There was SEVERAL larger tables sitting empty and no else waiting in line or even in the place, but she said they have to save those tables JUST IN CASE A LARGE PARTY COMES IN!!!! She was turning people away "just in case"!! We asked to speak to the manager and she confirmed what the hostess said! We just could not believe they were turning paying customers away - "just in case"! Well, needless to say we left and I will never return. This place must be doing so well that they don't need paying patrons!

• Visited June 2014