“Jellystone is nice but expensive” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Natural Bridge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Natural Bridge Station
Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Natural Bridge
You added Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park at Natural Bridge to your Saves list
16 Recreation Lane, Natural Bridge Station, VA 24579   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
CALL FOR BEST RATE
“Jellystone is nice but expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We have stayed at this park many times and always enjoy our time there. A great water park for the kiddos, fun activities planned, campsites are clean. Bring shoes to wear into the shower, however. The prices are expensive. Each year the price goes up for camping. Check in is very easy.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Midlothian, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We tent camped at Jellystone this past weekend and this is the first time we stayed at a more 'commercial' site vs. using the State Park system. We were disappointed. Jellystone is in need of major upkeeps and upgrades. The swimming lake and mini golf course they tote on their website were in horrible shape....in particularly the swimming lake, was more swamp than anything. Strange color due to possible fertilizer run off and sludgy. As a parent, I told my kids to stay clear but it didn't matter b/c my kids didn't even want to dip their toes in it. We camped on a river sight and there is no denying that the view was absolutely gorgeous and was the one thing that made our trip more bearable. But even the camp spots here are all in a line and not wooded...you don't get a secluded, in the woods camping experience at all. AND, the bathrooms are a BIG hike from here up a 40 some step staircase. So not convenient at all. Not to mention the train track on the other side of the river so you hear trains coming thru all night But to give credit where credit is due...the only other plus was the jumping pillow...this was fun! I had alot of friends waiting to hear what we thought of this campground b/c they were interested in future visits but I won't steer any of them in this direction. We were disappointed!

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Pleasant Garden, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We went to Jellystone for the first time this Labor Day Weekend. When we arrived it was already dark and we were having some serious problems with our RV. The Rangers there were great and stayed with us until we were able to get settled in. My 3 yr old granddaughter had a great time. There was so much to do that we never left the campground. The showers and bathrooms were clean. We definately want to plan another trip to this facility.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Lynchburg, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

OK I just stayed there for the holiday weekend. I rated the park as average because it was not awful but it was not really all that great. Let me list some pros and cons.

Pros.
Easy to make reservations
Tons of activities for the whole family.
The pool, spray ground, and water slide were great.
Easy access to the river
The store had several items if you needed them
There were several attractions near the campground if you needed something else to do.

Cons
Tent sites were in pretty bad shape.
The electric hookup at my site was in bad shape, I prayed every time I had to plug something in
The bathrooms and showers were absolutely disgusting!!! I think they were only cleaned once during three days of a full campground.
The roads were in bad shape. I had to leave my car at the overflow parking lot because I could not drive it down to my site on the road without the risk of damaging my car.
The staff was not that friendly. They spent most of their time texting and complaining to each other in front of the guests.
The management was nonexistent. The manager drove around as we were leaving to check on things. I would think as busy of a weekend as it was they would have been more visible.

I did not give this place a poor rating because of all the kids activities but some may. I do think the sites should be in much better condition for the cost of reservation and the bathrooms should be spotless. When we brought that up to the manager he did not have any response. I would definitely not stay there in a tent again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Jonesborough, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We went for a weekend trip in March and absolutely LOVED this place! It was still cold out (pool and water area was closed, so I don't know about those). However, the kids loved the jumping pillow, hay rides and playground. It was just warming up enough to get outside and shake off cabin fever.

When we checked in, we were given a nice yellow bag full of information for our stay. When we looked over the activity schedule, we were overwhelmed! Since the wet activities were not available, the staff did an awesome job with other activities to keep kids occupied. There was an activity scheduled every hour or hour and a half! We were trying to figure out how we would get the kids away to get our meals in!

They had the wake-up the bears parade with a craft before to make masks, ties, bowties, and noise makers. The staff that helped with the activities seemed to be high school or young college aged kids. However, I was VERY impressed with their attention. They were not constantly on cell phones or just hanging out together. They actually did their job!!

Activities included: wii games, jumping pillow games, dodgeball (kids vs parents), relay races, Pajama Jump and Jam, movie night, basketball games with Yogi, hay rides, candy bar bingo, kickball, Pajama Dance Party, Wake Up the Bears Parade and volleyball

Crafts included: tie dye shirts (they have all sizes, including adult), painting ceramics (they spray these with sealer which is nice!), beaded bracelet and keychain, the things I mentioned earlier specific to the weekend theme, making a sock puppet, egg carton bugs, and decorating a pillowcase.

Some of the crafts cost extra, but the prices are reasonable according to the materials and supplies used.

I liked the individual bathrooms (sink, toilet, shower) all in one private, locked stall. It provided privacy. Some people complained about water in these stalls. However, if campers are respectful and dry off IN shower, this wouldn't be a huge ordeal. We did have extra towels with us and I did put one down outside the shower for us to step out on.

We will definitely be back again and for a longer trip!! This is probably the best trip we've ever taken- or close to it- with two little ones (ages 6 and 6). The activity director/manager (I think her name is Rachel?! is awesome. She tries to ensure the kids have a great time and she does a wonderful job with the junior staff!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Vinton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I read all of the reviews on this site before going to Jellystone Natural Bridge. I was a little concerned with some of the criticisms but knew we would make the best of whatever we had. Here is my breakdown of our experience:

1. We rented a Deluxe cabin, it was situated towards the edge of the park so we had lots of shade when outdoors. This cabin is not large and when we were all inside trying to eat or get a drink, we did have some problems being in each others way. I think that the Large Deluxe cabin has more of a separation between kitchen and living area. Either way, we expected a small indoor area and only used it for sleeping and getting food so we all dealt with it fine. My only complaint would be that the mattress was OLD and needs to be replaced in the bedroom, I could feel the springs poking through. There were also limited Pots and Pans so plan to bring your own. Otherwise, the cabin was clean, cool and comfortable. Our 7 year old loved the sleeping loft!

2. Outside cabin features: there was an awesome fire pit made from stones. Wood is available to purchase at the camp store. We also had some great neighbors who left us their wood the day that they left. We had a picnic table and a cooking pit that was made into a grill. This worked fine for what we needed, if you want to make elaborate grilled items, you may want to consider bringing your own grill. We also had a small screened in porch on the back of the cabin, this worked nicely the ONE evening we had showers.

3. The park itself is full of activities! There was something to do at all times of the day and you receive a schedule the day you arrive. Our 7 year old loved to get up and meet Yogi and friends for the Pledge of Allegiance at the flagpole every morning. There was also funnel cakes with Cindy Bear and Ice cream with Yogi. The 13 year old and 7 yr old both participated in the Wagon Ride with Yogi and said it was a lot of fun. The characters really take the time to interact with guests. I read another review on here about being charged for pictures with the characters, that never happened to us- anytime they were around, they gladly posed with the kids for pictures.

4. There were 2 water slides that will wear the kids out! There was a pool, sprinkler zone, game room, activity center - both girls enjoyed painting their own river rocks and that was a free activity for them. A swimming pond is located near the James River. This is another area I was concerned from previous reviews. I loved the pond! The sand was clean and the pond was just as it claims- a pond. Yes, there was smushy stuff at the bottom as well as plant growth but it's a pond. I personally enjoy those types of swimming spots to a chlorine filled pool so I cooled off there instead of the pool which was on the crowded side.

5. We opted to pay to tube down the James River one of our days there. One word of caution- if you are taking children or anyone who has never tubed on a river before, you may want to bypass this activity. I LOVED it because the water was not too low and the current carried us right along. This is a 4 hour trip and the kids got bored because they were afraid to get out of their tubes to swim or anything. The tubes are nice and have cup holders but aren't easy to get back in once you get off it like a normal inner tube is. The man driving us to the put in was very helpful and gave us very good tips. I think the kids and my boyfriend would have enjoyed this more if they had done it before and it were a shorter trip.

All in all, it was a GREAT time and we will definitely go back! P.S.- Rent a golf cart, the kids will love that too!

Room Tip: -Cabins away from the main activity areas are quiet and less traffic with golf carts.