On a whim, we decided to take a drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway - spent a relaxing day, maybe dawdled a bit too much and started wondering where we were going to spend the night. Saw that we were kinda close to Natural Bridge and said "why not?". It was a little on the late side when we got to Natural Bridge but we were told about the light show at 9:30 pm and that the hotel sometimes offered packages that included tickets with a night's stay. Great advice! Booked the room from my cell phone while still in the parking lot. For $129 we had a room, 48 hour passes to Natural Bridge, entry to the Caverns (the combo tickets cost $26 per adult) and breakfast. Room 244 was spacious and had a king sized bed, mini fridge, iron with ironing board and a coffee maker. We took a quick shower (great water pressure, plenty of hot water) and went to the light show - while the presentation was a little dated, the classical music was relaxing and light show really was beautiful. Buffet breakfast was hot, fresh and plentiful and pretty darn good for buffet breakfast - coffee was excellent (and trust me, we are picky on THAT point) also, don't bother with the coffee in your room, just go to the lobby and get some there - looks like it is available all day. The ONLY down side we found was the air conditioner was noisy - did not bother me ONE BIT but my husband said it woke him up a few times, so light sleepers be warned....
Also, do NOT miss the Monacan Village Exhibit at Natural Bridge. The interpreters and the guides were very well informed and they are taking great measures to make everything as authentic as possible. Truly the high point of our visit to Natural Bridge!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay on-site of The Natural Bridge of Virginia. Visit the monumental National Historic Landmark & discover why photos don't do it justice, nor words describe it, and why the awe-struck Thomas Jefferson bought it. Packages starting at $129 for 2 people, $169 for a family of 4, offer a great value on attractions, overnight accommodation & breakfast. Just 15 minutes from the Blue Ridge Parkway; off I-81, exits 175 & 180. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Natural Bridge Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Natural Bridge Hotel Natural Bridge
- Natural Bridge Hotel And Conference Center