The hotel had a lot of pros and cons.
• Convenient to area attractions
• Nice history
• Free breakfast if you buy the package deal
• Nice exterior
• Beautiful lobby
• Rooms were showing wear
• Peeling wallpaper
• Halls had horrible carpet
• Stains on comforter
• Stains on carpet
• We found two giant hairs in each of our beds
• Ice makers were too small/ran out quickly
• Stains on decorative pillows
• The bathroom had no exhaust fan, so everyone knew your business.
• The toilets flushed violently and then the pipes shook like an earthquake.
• Our shower was not cleaned adequately, the faucet head had buildup underneath it, the drain was dirty, the grout on the bathroom floor was various shades of black to white. There was obvious pink buildup in the shower grout.
We were staying in one of the balcony rooms and where our room was located was right beneath the pillared part of the hotel, birds were roosting above and there was bird feces everywhere. We could not even enjoy the balcony due to fears of being pooped on and debris falling overheard. The balcony wasn’t even swept up for us, it looked terrible!
• Stained night shades
• One of our bed side lamps had a blown bulb
• 21 channels on cable!
• Breakfast was mediocre
• Dinner was absolutely appalling, I had the shrimp and grits which had mushy shrimp and extremely salty grits. My wife’s vegetable medley was more like a vegetable mash.
• Parking was limited
• You had to wait to be seated to have breakfast which was ridiculous because there were available tables!
I am only reviewing to allow the hotel to see its flaws and bring itself up to what travelers are looking for. Travelers are better off driving 13 miles away to the nearest town to a big name hotel for better and more cleaner accommodations. It was extremely overpriced for what the accommodations were. You can get better rates in Vegas and have more as far as cleanliness and overall wear and tear in the room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay on-site of The Natural Bridge of Virginia. Visit the monumental National Historic Landmark & discover why photos don't do it justice, nor words describe it, and why the awe-struck Thomas Jefferson bought it. Packages starting at $129 for 2 people, $169 for a family of 4, offer a great value on attractions, overnight accommodation & breakfast. Just 15 minutes from the Blue Ridge Parkway; off I-81, exits 175 & 180. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Natural Bridge Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Natural Bridge Hotel Natural Bridge
- Natural Bridge Hotel And Conference Center