“very relaxing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Natural Bridge Hotel & Conference Center

Save Saved
You added Natural Bridge Hotel & Conference Center to your Saves list
Natural Bridge Hotel & Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15 Appledore Lane, US 11 & 130, Natural Bridge, VA 24578   |
Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Natural Bridge
“very relaxing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

good place to go and relax and just chill out... to get away from the mad rush of life... go without the kids to have some quality time ..the rooms are nice and clean.. the staff is super friendly...the next morning we ate breakfast on site the food was hot good.. our waitress was super. her name was niki just a young and well mannered person.. they are lucky to have people like niki working there.... next chance we get..,I will be back... you'll love the view of the mountains as well.. don't know if there was a pool or not..

329 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Deltona, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

My parents, my boyfriend, and I stayed here as part of a summer package to see all of their attractions. It was a great deal and we truly enjoyed every minute of it. The people at the front desk were very nice and the lobby is very nice. We had a room with a balcony and two double beds. The room was very nice, clean, and we have no complaints about it. I felt like a princess with a balcony room! If you stay, I suggest getting a balcony room because the view is absolutely stunning whereas the view from the other side is not so great. The hotel is absolutely beautiful. Whenever we drove up to it, I exclaimed "that's where we're staying???". I was amazed! We had their Friday Night Seafood Buffet as part of the package and it was DELICIOUS! They had all kinds of shrimp, crab legs, clams, side dishes, desserts, etc. The waitresses were very friendly and eager to refill our drinks, take our plates, and answer any questions that we had about the area. The workers were constantly bringing out more food. We also ended up getting the breakfast in the morning and it was very good! They had French toast, eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy, Danishes, etc. The waitresses were also very friendly. We got our own milk and orange juice up at the buffet.

Room Tip: -Get a room with a balcony - the view and balcony is worth it!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Westfield, North Carolina, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I took my wife out for a long overdue weekend getaway. I had looked online for a nice hotel, the photos were beautiful, I also read the reviews for the hotel saying the rooms were outdated I assumed outdated was referring to the décor. Let me first say the Hotel and the grounds were beautiful from the outside, the inside yes was outdated which would have been fine but that was only the beginning. We were greeted at the front desk by a woman that evidently hated her job she was grumpy, rude , and just plane nasty. She answered my questions with short answers and did not elaborate on anything. We proceeded to our room only to find another layer to this onion. The door to the room was hard to open it appeared to be swelled shut and had to be forced open. I proceeded to unload the luggage from the truck and was greeted by another guest at the hotel who could not get her door opened. After helping her gain access to her room I went back to unloading my luggage. The room was outdated of course but when we turned the Air Conditioning on it was very loud, but it did work. We tried to turn the TV on only to find out the remote control did not work, after a trip to the front desk to get another one and finding out it didn't work either I had to call for the maintenance man. Forty five minutes later there was a knock on the door maintenance arrives reprograms the remote and is gone, no sorry for the inconvenience, will there be anything else, nothing, just gone. That night my wife went to take a shower after the 20 min wait for hot water she got into the shower only to find out the water had backed up about 2 inches deep in the shower stall but as long as we waited 30 min between showers the drain could keep up.. The next morning we proceeded to the dinning room for breakfast which was an additional charge. My wife and I paid over $30.00 for the same buffet you get as a complementary breakfast at a Hampton Inn. I was ready to checkout, my wife wanted to stay because the motel was next to the bridge entrance. We left the next morning and will "NOT" be back to that motel.

Room Tip: Find Another Hotel
Roanoke, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

We live close by and have always wanted to come stay and have the seafood buffet. We stayed in a patio room, that area should be called the smoking center. It was a nice cool summer night and nice new windows on the front and back of the room would have let in a great breeze, but everyone on our floor (2nd) was sitting on the balcony smoking. That is bad enough, but two groups convened right in front of our window to converse and everyone of them was smoking. When I checked out, I complained and was told that the only floor you are supposed to smoke on is the 3rd, but that no one pays any attention to that. No apology. When we checked in we asked for reservations for that night's seafood buffet at 7:00 and were told by a very rude lady, anytime BUT 7:00, so we asked for 6:30 and she said the only thing left is 8:00. We arrived at 7:55 and were greeted by a most unprofessional hostess. When we went through the line, every single seafood offering except the fried food and crab legs was empty. It was 8:35 before one of the empty warmers was filled, and we had finished eating before any of the others were. The food we did have was bland and unappealing. I guess if you like crab legs it is good, but I do not think I can eat $34 dollars worth of them.

Room Tip: Unless you are a chain smoker do NOT get a patio room.
Saint Pete Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We just used a Groupon for this place. It was a great deal for a room, tickets to all the attractions and breakfast for two. It's an interesting area, but nothing else to do. It was fine for us. Yes, as others have said, it is dated. Our room was very clean, no problems. We upgraded and got a room with a balcony, so we could sit outside and drink wine. The staff couldn't have been nicer and the food was good.

Room Tip: The rooms on the second floor have a little patio area with chairs.
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

The Natural Bridge Hotel is the only convenient place to stay if you want to visit the Natural Bridge, The Caverns and The Virginia Safari Park. We were aware that it is an old hotel in need of major upgrades, so our expectations were not high. The air conditioner was loud but we were so tired it didn't matter. We were pleased to have two adjoining rooms - I don't see how a family of four could share one small room. The rooms were clean, the bedding was new and the window treatments added a nice touch. Since we've already seen the tourist sites in the area, I don't expect to return, but I would definitely recommend it to friends.

Room Tip: We had a mountain view room on the third floor. Except for the noise from the air conditioner, the...
Stuart, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

One could not ask for a better staff and the service they provide! Two months out and Whitney worked with me for 30+ minutes on the phone to arrange the best deal on three rooms, the Escape Package and meals; what a treasure they have in her!

As for the hotel? Yes, she's an old lady -- a little rough around the edges and a bit stained here and there. But stains are stained (duh!) --- not dirty. Look beyond it and you will see the glory of the history that is hers, the pride the staff enjoys in their efforts to keep her afloat, and the promise of her future.

I hope the 'powers that be' in our governments will see fit to take her gently by the lead and return her to her grandeur some day.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Natural Bridge Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!