“Quick trip to the caverns” 2 of 5 stars

Type: Caverns/ Caves
Activities: Group tours/walking tour
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Caverns in the Shenandoah Valley that extend 34 stories underground.
Sterling, Virginia
6 attraction reviews
“Quick trip to the caverns”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Ive been through several caverns in the last year. This cavern was average but was kept very nicely. There were some nice examples of formations in the cavern but other places I've visited were much better. I have to say, our tour guide, Ian was robotic in his description of everything. I was also amazed as we were coming to the end of the cavern he just took off and deserted us. I'm a fast walker and was amazed at the rude end to a so-so tour. I'm from Virginia and hope that the other guides behave a little better. A poor example of southern hospitality.

Bedford, Virginia
15 attraction reviews
“Pretty far out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I've never been in a cavern before and this was a great visit. Our tour only had 8 people in it so we were able to ask a lot of questions about the caverns and hear their history. Our guide was very knowledgeable and friendly and dealt with my need to take photos constantly extremely well. Great visit don't miss!

Deltona, Florida
42 attraction reviews
“Awesome Caverns!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

My parents, my boyfriend, and I visited our caverns during our stay at the Natural Bridge. We had a pretty large group go with us and two tour guides. The tour guides told us a lot of information and they told us about times when we needed to be careful. Don't forget to bring a jacket when you go because it is cold down in the caverns! The caverns are absolutely amazing! There is so much to see! They have a lot of different pathways that they will lead you down and they will tell you about the ones that they don't let you go down anymore. During one point of the tour, the tour guide turned all of the lights off to show you what it was like when the people first started exploring the caverns. It was a little scary but the tour guide turned them off after speaking for about 5 minutes. He did have a small flashlight turned on during the time when the lights were off. There was a spot that he didn't recommend people going down if they have knee problems but my mom did it and she has knee problems. She just took her time and stopped to rest.The caverns does have a gift shop and bathrooms. There is a large parking area. All of us loved it! We especially loved getting out of the hot temperatures and into the cool cavern air! I truly recommend stopping here, especially if you've never been to caverns before.

Visited July 2013
Dover, Pennsylvania
3 attraction reviews
“Beautiful Natural Bridge”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

My 2 grandkids liked the caverns, but guide walked too fast.
Absolutely loved the walk thru the Natural Bridge even though I was exhausted at the end.
Disappointed at the Butterfly display as we thought they were going to be outside not in a
small hot room. The museum was not bad. Kids loved the sound effects.

Saint Pete Beach, Florida
25 attraction reviews
“Small but nice formations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

This and the bridge are really the best things to see in the area. Our guide was very knowledgable and well versed. A definite must see.