“Fun with the animals” 4 of 5 stars

Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 attraction reviews
“Fun with the animals”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

The was a little above average for a zoo. My family and I have visited many zoo's as my children and I are animal lovers. The staff was friendly and the animals all appeared to be healthy and happy. I had a chance to chat with a few of the Zookeepers who were very open for questions. I do recommend visiting.

Visited April 2014

Suffolk, Virginia
“Awesome Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

I went here with a group of friends our children under the age of 6 and had a blast. You can ride and elephant, which the kids thought was awesome. They have a bag of foood you can buy to feed the other animals such as giraffes, camels, donkies, etc. They even have where you can feed and take pictures with baby tigers or monkies. It was really worth the trip and something we will remember forever! The facility doesn;t have the best of bathrooms and the gift shop was a little small, but I was there for the animals. The price is affordable too!

Visited August 2013
Ranson, West Virginia
14 attraction reviews
“Love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

I loved the zoo! You got to pet and feed multiple animals...it was awesome. There were a few babies born, we got to see, which were so cute! Baby tigers will be born next month, and they even let you take pictures with them, with you feeding and holding... It's not that expensive, and you can spend all day. I can't wait to go back!

Visited March 2014
Roanoke
24 attraction reviews
“Animal Lover”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

If you are a animal lover and at the Natural Bridge you just as well take in the zoo as well, especially if you have kids. They had baby tigers which were cute and you could hold one and have your picture made at certain times. Elephant rides for the kids. Gift shop and snacks. Reasonable price.

Visited May 2013
USA
22 attraction reviews
“Not bad - for those who rarely visit animals - it is worth visiting”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I must admit, that I'd never choose to visit this zoo, had it not been for my child. So from a kid perspective, it is worth the visit. The elephant ride is a small circle and so nice for the kids to get that ride. Compared to the Washington DC Zoo, this is a "open" space - so a different feel to it. But definitely, you can't compare the DC zoo to this place, otherwise you'd be disappointed. The Giraffes and Zebras are unique - you don't see them in DC's national zoo. We also chose this instead of the Virginia Safari Park, because for kids in car seat, it is hard to see animals from a moving car.

Visited November 2013