“great stop over” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Mount Jackson

Save Saved
You added Super 8 Mount Jackson to your Saves list
Super 8 Mount Jackson
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   250 Conicville Boulevard, I-81 Exit 273, Mount Jackson, VA 22842   |
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Mount Jackson

98 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Chantilly
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Never stayed at a road side motel before, wasn't too bad; cheap, clean, had a frig and microwave. Would stay again if needed .

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Springfield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Convenient, good price and pleasant one night stay. Check in was easy & efficient.
In spite of being right on I-81, external noises were not an issue.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Super8Manager19482, General Manager at Super 8 Mount Jackson, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay. We strive to make sure that each guest enjoys their experience while at the Super 8 Mt. Jacskon. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit in the area.
Gastonia, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I've stayed at The Plaza in New York City and the Fairmount Hotel in San Francisco and this Super 8 isn't them. But, it doesn't try to be. It tries to offer a clean, hospitable and budget location convenient to many Shenandoah Valley, VA attractions.....it succeeds admirably. Stayed overnight September 4-5, to do some hiking in Shenandoah National Park and local shopping and sightseeing. My room was clean and well stocked with the usual amenities (fresh towels, soaps, shampoo, coffee maker, iron, etc) plus a microwave oven and small fridge. Looking behind doors and under table & desk, revealed no unpleasant surprises. Shower & tub was a one-piece vinyl (?) and clean without chips. Not having inside corridors (room doors open to outside, covered walkway) is not a problem for me and the pool looked inviting. I requested a smoking room and did not find an ashtray in the room. The night desk clerk went out of his way to find one. Cable TV reception was not A+ but this may be a provider, rather than motel, problem. No noises disturbed me in my room even being close to Interstate 81 which makes this location easy to find. If you are going only to visit Shenandoah National Park there are properties closer; it is about a half-hour drive to the park. The free breakfast choices were juices, coffee, milk, cereals, English muffins, and bagels. However, a Denny's restaurant is attached to the property (open 24 hours) and I was pleasantly surprised at the quality, taste, and prices there. The morning desk clerk gave me excellent directions to a nearby destination. Overall, for what it offered and the price (I got a discount through my employer and there are AAA & AARP discounts available), I would recommend this one and stay at another of their locations if convenient for my needs.

Room Tip: Corner rooms on upper level are usually quieter.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for staying with us at the Super 8 Mt. Jackson. Our goal is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff's efforts and takes the time to say so. Thank you for the kind words and hope you will continue to choose the Super 8 Mt. Jackson during your future visits to the area.
Washington DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We booked two nights at this hotel, planning to bicycle in the area. As weather is always a concern, we checked the Super8 website for their Cancellation Policy -- which said we could cancel up to 6PM "day of" and avoid a fee. We biked the first day, but weather forecast for the next several days was rain; so we called at 4PM to tell them we were cancelling that night and next. The clerk advised me there was a $50 fee for late cancellation -- less than 24 hours' notice. When I challenged that (based on the website info) he said (a) normally, it isn't a policy they had been enforcing, but the new manager was doing so, and (b) they were Independently-owned and their policy was 24 hours notice -- they couldn't be "responsible" for what Super8 posted on their website!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying with us at the Super 8 Mt. Jackson. I apologize for any misleading information concerning the cancellation policy, and I hope you found it pleasing that you were not charged the cancellation fee. We strive to make each guests stay a satisfying one. I hope that you continue to choose the Super 8 Mt. Jackson for your hotel choice.
Woodbridge, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Upon arrival I was giving a key to a room that wouldn't open. After going back to the office repeatedly I was finally given another room.Upon opening the door the smell hit me. I requested a smoking room, but that was not what I smelled. It was urine and mold. I owned a cleaning company for 18 yrs but it didn't take a professional to instantly see it was filthy. The carpet hadn't been cleaned in years.The chairs had multiple stains, hence the urine.There were cob webs and spider webs WITH spiders, in every corner, The TV had snow on every channel. Only two out of 12 buttons on the microwave worked. It took 3 hrs for the mini frig to chill a soda. The coffee pot had what looked like dried boogers in the slots where you pour the water. And upon checking the mattress there was bug droppings around the headboard and the alarm clock didn't work. After traveling for 16 hrs. I just gave up and took a shower where upon I found hair and crusty fixtures. The bottom of the shower had so much old soap residue it was like standing in slick slim. As I was getting dressed a man opened the door to my room. He had been giving the same room with a working key. After I called the front desk they told me my key was no longer good and I needed a new one. When they brought the new key they informed me the man was a regular and I was in HIS room and that I had scared HIM when I yelled. The only redeeming factor to this nightmare was the front desk girl apologized for not updating my room information. This is a disgustingly filthy motel. Don't waste your money or your time. Go somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
I would like to start by thanking you for your stay at the Super 8 Mt. Jackson. I apologize the hotel did not meet your needs. I want you to know that the comments we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated. Please be assured that the issues you've raised have been addressed, and the appropriate action has been taken. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us, and I do hope you will give us another try.

Been to Super 8 Mount Jackson? Share your experiences!