“Pleasant surprise” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Fredericksburg, VA
“Pleasant surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

We were headed for Westmoreland State Park and thought we'd stop for lunch nearby. The restaurant wasn't very busy, but it was a beautiful day so we sat outside on the deck. The plastic chairs were oversized and comfortable. The awning kept the sun off us which made for a perfect temperature. The servers were friendly and our food came quickly. We ordered off the lunch menu and my hubby had meatloaf, mashed potatoes and spinach. It came with warm bread, apple butter and butter and a wedge of watermelon. He said it was flavorful and ate the whole thing. I had the French Dip sandwich with delicious homemade cole slaw. The sandwich initially fit me as slim and the filling of thinly sliced beef, onion and cheese a little light, but it turned out to be filling. It was served with a choice of potatoes (my mashed were bland), a slice of pickle and a wedge of watermelon. It was a nice change from the usual burger and looked very appealing in the way it looked on the plate. Our bill with two cokes was under $17 for good homemade food. I would go back again and next time try one of the desserts. They looked yummy!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

76% Recommend
North, VA
“Great Find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We were driving on Rt 3 around lunchtime and found this on TripAdvisor.
Would stop here again. The French Onion Soup was excellent and my husband's chef's salad was a good size. We didn't have dessert, but they looked delicious. The servers were very friendly and the meals are all home cooked. There were a number of choices and the prices are reasonable.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“I would definitely go back, good food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

We had passed by many times and never atopped but had always heard good reports.
I am so glad we tried ,service and food were excellent.
They now have a repeat customer.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
lusby
“Wonderful meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We went in on a bike ride through the area. Meal was very reasonable and the portions were fine. The staff was very friendly and I would recommend this to anyone of my friends. My kind of place, quiet, friendly and fresh tasting food at a reasonable price.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Basic Home Cooking”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

The food was fine but very basic. The one waitress was overwhelemed by the large crowd on a good weather evening.

Visited October 2012