“Good Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Forest, Virginia
“Good Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Stopped for a late lunch at Moosie's last week. Food was very good, service was prompt and friendly, prices were reasonable. I had the Reuben, which the waiter recommended, and it was excellent. Other entrees were a turkey sandwich and French Onion soup, all of which were very good.

• Visited January 2013

Virginia
“Reliable, decent food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We've been eating at Moosies since 1995. Unless we go at a crowded time, we can usually manage to get a table by the window, overlooking the marina. There are so many different sandwiches to choose from that it's hard to make up your mind! Everything I've ever gotten there has been good and the service is always good as well.

• Visited September 2012
Fairfax, Virginia
“As good as I remember”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I used to come to Moosie's as a child, so I was glad to find that the food was as good as I remember. My wife and I came for a quick weekday lunch in the winter, so it wasn't very crowded and we got a table with a view of the boat dock. I had the small nachos (still the very large portion of my childhood - perfect for sharing) and my wife had a BLT (good country white bread and generous portion of bacon). Good casual food at a reasonable price.

• Visited December 2012
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
“Great restaurant at Smith Mtn. Lake”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

This restaurant has been there since Bridgewater Plaza came into existance which is over 20 years ago and always is a safe, good bet for a good meal with great service. They have a bar area and then a restaurant area. They have a varied menu. Very casual since this is the Lake area. There is a boat dock so you can take your boat there or you can drive there. Just a warning that this Plaza gets VERY busy in the summer especially on the weekends because of the live entertainment.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Gordonsville, Virginia
“Love a good Reuben”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I spent some time at Smith Mountain Lake with some friends. We took a boat ride and it was around lunchtime. When the subject came up, I said "Man, I love a good Reuben"! We headed
to the dock and walked up to Moosies. The place was nice and the service fast. Soon I had my second cold beer and a great Reuben and chips. I looked around and saw some tasty looking nachoes also. Gotta say, the price was good, the place was cool, and I was full and happy when I left.

• Visited September 2012