“Surprise Gourmet Food with a Casual Lake Atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Peruvian, Gastropub, Asian fusion
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Roanoke
“Surprise Gourmet Food with a Casual Lake Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

This is not your ordinary lake restaurant with catfish and hush puppies. The food at the Landing is simply amazing and very creative. From excellent steaks, to lamb, fish.. whatever you are sure to find something to enjoy. LIke spice? Try the very interesting jambalaya which explodes with flavor.

Visited November 2012

Moneta, Virginia
“Wonderful Food - Always”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We ate at the Landing last night. It was a quiet night, and we had the place to ourselves. Food was over the top great - we had Chilean sea bass and salads. This place consistently deliver exceptional food. My only issue was the waiter - while he did everything that was expected, I thought he could have been a bit friendlier and chat it up a bit, as there were only a few other patrons. Overall it doesn't really matter, as we were there for the food.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bedford, Virginia
“Special Occasion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

My husband and I dined here for our 20th Anniversary and were not disappointed. Beginning with the bread selection with flavored butters (choc, cranberry & balsamic and basil) to dessert everything was delicious. The evening lamb selection per my husband was superb and I ate every morsel of my rib eye. The Landing has an HUGE beer selection with its own menu much like a wine list. While our budget does not permit us to dine at the Landing often we will be back for another special occasion.

• Visited October 2012
Rowz1
“A Perfect Spot for a Perfect Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

What an outstanding Restaurant. The service was outstanding, the food was delicious, and you could not ask for a better view. I was just there with a few friends the last day of a short vacation. We arrived by boat, and the experience escalated from there. It started with a unique selection of Breads and Gourmet Butter, it was to die for! I had the swordfish which was outstanding! The Sea Bass was delicious as well. I don't think you could of made a bad choice. I certainly will dine there again if I am in the area.

• Visited August 2012
McLean VA
“Great service, great food, pleasant scenary.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Our family of three, including our 20 year old son, ate at this lovely place. They recommended reservations which we made but many folks just walked in around 6:45 - 7 pm and were seated without reservations. Our waitress was knowledgeable, friendly, but not overbearing or pesky. Let me begin with the bread. The choices were a bit unusual: raisin spelt bread, olive bread and a plain bread. The butters were basil, cranberry and chocolate. Yes, chocolate butter. I could have made a meal right there. As an appetizer, I had the Thai coconut mussels which were very good. I then had the lamb special, which changes nightly. That night, it was ribs which were coffee rubbed and bbqd, there was a sweet potato strudel and broccoli rabe as sides. It was very rich so I did take quite a bit home (especially after attacking that bread plate, my appetite was dampened!). My husband had the caprese salad and the jambalaya pasta as did my son. They both loved their entrees as well. We had no room for dessert.
What I do not understand is how Blackwater Cafe can be the number 1 restaurant in this area on TA. It does not hold a candle in ambience, service, view and certainly not food quality to The Landing.

• Visited July 2012