“Awful customer service” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 7 attractions in Moneta
Aylett, Virginia
“Awful customer service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

So, my wife and I decided to rent a pontoon boat from this place. I wish I had done a little more research and read the reviews first. We asked for a 24 hour rental (not shown as an option on their website) so we could take the boat out at night. He said it was an extra $50. When we were loading up the boat, he told two of the other guys to check the lights because we were keeping it over night. One light was not working, but they got it fixed before we left. When we tried to take the boat out at night, 2 of the 3 lights on the boat were not working. Obviously, my wife and I did not feel safe taking the boat out in a pitch black lake with only 1 light working. When we returned the boat the next day, I asked if he could help me out with the price at all because we were not able to use the boat at night like we paid for. He told me I could've still taken the boat out and then asked me if I got a ticket, and I said no. He said, "well, if you got a ticket I would pay for it." I told him, "My wife and I just didn't feel safe being out on the lake in the dark with only 1 light working." He said he would not help me out because I still had one light working. I wonder why he thought I might have gotten a ticket? Maybe because it's not safe to be on the lake after dark with only 1 light working. Not to mention, the anchor rope was not long enough for us to anchor ANYWHERE in the lake so we could enjoy a swim. This place was awful. Do yourself a favor and rent a boat from somewhere else. And don't pay $6.00 for the maps he sells there. You can get the same map for free pretty much anywhere else.

Visited July 2013

Lynchburg, Virginia
6 attraction reviews
“Great boat rentals”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

We have used Captain's Quarters twice for a pontoon boat rental and they are awesome. Great customer service, great boats, and they have the cheapest prices on SML.

Visited July 2012