“Good neighborhood type restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Asian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Moneta, Virginia, United States
“Good neighborhood type restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Tuesday after 4:00pm, hamburgers are half price...making this a reasonably priced dinner! They have a nice buffet at lunch and on Sunday with lots of Chinese choices. I haven't been impressed with their wine choices but service is generally good and the staff is friendly!

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Baltimore, Maryland
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

We visited late one evening. My husband had a pasta dish and I had General Tso's chicken. My husband's meal was okay, but mine was inedible. The chicken was coated with a hard, flavorless coating that was impossible to chew and had no flavor. The staff was friendly, and the service was prompt. The food was just disappointing.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Elkton, VA
“Good food, but did not get the buffet we were expecting”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We visited Jonathan's for dinner with another family. We had read good reviews and was expecting a buffet. Unfortunately they do not have the buffet for dinner. We ordered off the menu and the food was good. I got the crab cakes. I was expecting a remoulade sauce, but they did not come with anything. I could never get the waitress' attention so I just used my husband's leftover tartar sauce. Service was very slow. I don't believe that we ever got any drink refills. It was very odd that they seated us at a table right in front of the bathroom door! I have never seen that in a restaurant. There was very little room between the door and our chairs. When I was coming out of the bathroom I hit the waitress with the door when she was standing there taking orders. That was very embarrassing! While the food was OK, I doubt that we will be back.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Glen Allen, Virginia
“Extremely slow service but decent food if you're not in a hurry”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

We visited Jonathans on a Sunday evening at 7:00pm during non-buffet hours. Got put on a wait list because the hostess was told that she couldn't seat any more tables because the kitchen got backed up by about an hour. Waited for 20 min to sit at a table that was available since we walked in the door. Ordered our meal and an appetizer immediately when we sat down. Took 30 minutes to get cheese fries deliveres to our table, then waited another 20 min for food. All in all, what should've taken no more than an hour, we were at the restaurant for an hour and 40 min

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Reasonable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Jonathan's is a good family restaurant. They offer good value and pretty good food. The Sunday buffet is wonderful. Tuesday's are half price burgers (make a reservation!). Service is good.

Visited June 2013